Who else is a night owl?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Who else is a night owl?

Post by PortgasDAce » 21 Nov 2019, 08:40

So I went to bed at 9 hoping to get some sleep after terrorizing the boyfriend a bit. *lol* So began the next five hours of tossing and turning, until I just decided to get up for awhile. I'm currently watching videos on YouTube and roaming the forums. Usually my bedtime's from like, 5 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. I'll probably go lie down again in awhile. Who else is a night prowler?

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Who else is a night owl?

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 21 Nov 2019, 15:55

I used to very much be a night owl until I stopped drinking so much caffeine now I'm usually sleep from midnight or so. However I don't get a proper night's sleep I wake up several times in the night, I think my body is still used to being up until 4/5am as I did that for over a decade.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Emma
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Emma » 21 Nov 2019, 16:30

I used to be a night owl with my last job which was working the night shift, but when that finished my routine went back to normal. :)

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 21 Nov 2019, 23:28

Not really. I prefer waking up early over staying up late.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

ChaoticFeline
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ChaoticFeline » 22 Nov 2019, 00:58

Like most cats I am most active/awake at night, so I guess you can consider me a night owl.
Sam: "How do you sleep at night?"
Bela: "On silk sheets, rolling naked in money."

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 07:01

Nishizono Shinji wrote:I used to very much be a night owl until I stopped drinking so much caffeine now I'm usually sleep from midnight or so. However I don't get a proper night's sleep I wake up several times in the night, I think my body is still used to being up until 4/5am as I did that for over a decade.

I have the same problem. Pesky bodies! I hope it balances out for you and you can get some decent sleep at some point soon though.
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 07:02

Banri wrote:I used to be a night owl with my last job which was working the night shift, but when that finished my routine went back to normal. :)

I'm glad that you were able to adjust ok. :)
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 07:03

ChaoticFeline wrote:Like most cats I am most active/awake at night, so I guess you can consider me a night owl.

Same here. I'd like to sleep, but my body won't let me. *lol* It's a random fact, but also like most cats (maybe?) I enjoy tuna, milk, and naps. *lol*
 Yang Wen-Li.

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pixiedora » 22 Nov 2019, 09:29

I'm much more of a night person than a morning person, but I do suffer the next day if I'm awake too late now. I have bouts of insomnia though so will sometimes be up till 4 in the morning then getting up at 7 for work.

Luffynatsu87
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Luffynatsu87 » 22 Nov 2019, 12:09

Usually i am night owl i try and sleep but i get from work sooo late that i just have to do most the stuff that want to do at 1 or 2 in the morning

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 22 Nov 2019, 13:31

I like the nights. Hate the mornings.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

Lurlei

Post by Lurlei » 22 Nov 2019, 13:45

I’m total night owl. Last night I was up until like 4am and my husband isn’t one tho but still he can be

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 18:22

Pixiedora wrote:I'm much more of a night person than a morning person, but I do suffer the next day if I'm awake too late now. I have bouts of insomnia though so will sometimes be up till 4 in the morning then getting up at 7 for work.

Ouch. That sounds rough. :(
 Yang Wen-Li.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 18:23

Lurlei wrote:I’m total night owl. Last night I was up until like 4am and my husband isn’t one tho but still he can be

That pesky sleep can be so elusive.
 Yang Wen-Li.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 23 Nov 2019, 05:58

Naughty Kitty wrote:Me! :)

What time is it where you are? It's after midnight here.
 Yang Wen-Li.