Moonlit Memories's Art Thread [TA/DA]

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Moonlit Memories
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Re: Moonlit Memories's Art Thread [Illustration/CG]

Post by Moonlit Memories » 23 Jan 2012, 22:09

Thank you both! I wouldn't go as far as saying the lines are flawless, but illustrator's trace option does help smooth it out a great deal fro mthe penciled drawing it started out as.

Zanark Avalonic
Veteran Member
Canada

Post by Zanark Avalonic » 24 Jan 2012, 16:44

Ahh, I'm taking a class in Illistrator next year! I heard it does amazing things >w<
​-------------------------------------------------------------------------
King of betrayal and lust
Lord of nothing but dust
Die in the gutter dirt
We're the perfect cult

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 25 Jan 2012, 15:48

Moonlight you always seem to make the coolest looking things. Keep up the good work. :)

Lith
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Lith » 26 Feb 2012, 03:11

Looks amazing. Lets take a closer look! *puts on critiquing glasses*

I love this piece. The colors are very elf like, and his face gives off this smug, confident feel I'd expect from elven folk. The way the background ties in with the focus is amazing stuff. One thing I will say is that I don't like his ears. It looks like they wen't through a saw or something *shudders*. I'll also say I don't like some of the vine frills. The Embossing on them makes them look unnatural and forced. A blending with some shading would of done better there in my opinion. Other than that though, its a really nice piece. You are a fantastic artist

*takes off glasses*

good job! ^^ hope to see more from you!

Moonlit Memories
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Moonlit Memories » 26 Feb 2012, 03:14

I definitely agree about the embossing...the ears.. meh... you either love 'em or you don't XD Thankl you so much for the critique!

Zen
Veteran Member
Ireland

Post by Zen » 28 Feb 2012, 20:27

The concept is spectacular! I love nature gods and things like that.

I really like the design of the ears, actually. They're like ferns.

One thing I think should be changed is the color of the markings on his neck and cheek. Instead of black, a bronze of henna-like color would be more organic and fit the motif.

=] Great work as always.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Expendable wrote:don't forget to tell Zen your safe-word. totally spoils the mood when someone's screaming "blueberry pancakes!" mid-flogging and you've no idea why.

Moonlit Memories
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Moonlit Memories » 21 Jun 2012, 00:15

So I've been working out a rough idea for a short story manga yaoi thingy... just something to practice with.. I've gotten the idea stormed out, the script written up, and the panels sketched out... no I'm working on character designs... unforunately ... my lap top caught a virus and I had to reboot the hardrive to factory settings... which means my software for my pen tablet is no more and since I'm away from home I won't be able to redownload it for another 2 months :( sadly, that means...... no more updates... I'll keep drawing on paper though so that when I get home I can upload them and ink them via software.. but yeah, so no updates (not that I update often) until then.. but hopefully, by then I'll be able to update more regularly... to tied you over there, here is what I did manage to rough out of one of the main characters before the virus infection. Enjoy.

Character Rough Design: Subject to Changes

Zen
Veteran Member
Ireland

Post by Zen » 22 Jun 2012, 18:05

Overall, I like him. The dot by his eye looks familiar for some reason. I definitely want to read your comic. =]
Expendable wrote:don't forget to tell Zen your safe-word. totally spoils the mood when someone's screaming "blueberry pancakes!" mid-flogging and you've no idea why.

Moonlit Memories
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Moonlit Memories » 12 Aug 2012, 01:38

2nd Main Character who plays love interest to previous submitted character... sh*tty web cam upload. Sorry.
Image Image Image Image

So today I went to my very first anime convention. It was.... okay. I guess I was expecting something more? I don't know. Maybe it was the fact I went by myself that made it lacking in the fun-zone I was hoping for.

In any case, there were a lot of great cosplay I got to see... and a lot of horrible ones... and some AMAZING artists there to include the creators of Teahouse Web Comic. I didn't get to stop by their booth and really look too hard because it was just too crowded everytime I walked by them. I really was hoping to talk to them, or at least buy something, but ah well... maybe another time.

I also sat in on a Digital Painting 101 lecture. It was actually very good and I learned a few new tricks concerning creating background images (which I'm horrible at). I'll be giving it a few shots here and there. It also convinced me to give Corel Painter a try. So when I got home I ordered it so it'll be at my house once I get there (I live in Charleston). Have any of you tried Painter? Got any opinions on it?

For those of you who didn't know, I've been away from home since April at a training school (trying to work towards that promotion and all). I would have probably produced more than just scrap art if my laptop didn't catch a virus and I didn't have to set it back to factory settings. As a result the driver for my tablet was erased, and the installation CD for it is allllll the way back home. I should be back home with all my software and sketching material by the 25th of this month. Woot!

In any case, the con inspired me to work on my basic talents of sketching a bit more. I think I need to set down a more regular schedule of drawing to get back into the swing of things. Ah well.

Jigglypuff
Veteran Member

Post by Jigglypuff » 12 Aug 2012, 16:49

I really love your characters. Those two together will result in a rather eye-candy yaoi. *_*

Of the later drawings, I really like his expression, as seen on the close up of the whole-body drawing. But I think his right (leftmost in the drawing) leg looks a bit twisted. In all frankness, it reminds me a bit of a horse's hoof. ^^; I don't really know why. I would straighten it up a bit more.

I hope you find the time to draw more. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank your Jouro <3

[quote]Carue: I think Noirres a bit of a legend
Noirre (Mod): In what way, pray tell? :lol:
Carue: well you're a rather good writer, pleasant, friendly and good looking
Noirre (Mod): <3 you silver-tongued devil
Shadicara: Silver? Carue can I have your tongue?
Carue: if you like
Carue: its licked Noirre's bum just now
Carue: but you can have it
[/quote]

Zen
Veteran Member
Ireland

Post by Zen » 19 Aug 2012, 16:15

YOU MET THE PEOPLE WHO DO TEAHOUSE?! OMG WHAT WERE THEY LIKE? I love that comic, sorry. Oh, I wrote that the second I saw Teahouse, but now I've read on. Sorry you didn't get to talk to them! And that the con wasn't fun.

Ya know, I've been going to cons since I was 15, and they were definitely way more exciting when I was young. Nowadays, I usually drink excessively while I'm at them XD. It also depends on the Con. There was one Con in Orlando, Florida called MegaCon that in the year 2007 was the absolute pinnacle of what a Con should be, and the best time I ever had. Then I went again in 2008, and it had just sort of . . . died. I suppose it reached its peak and couldn't get any better. And then I stopped watching anime for the most part, so going was less and less interesting.

I digress.

I like your sketch! He looks coy and sweet at the same time. What's his name?

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 06 Oct 2012, 18:47

i really love the shading!!! BAH!!!