TrueCrime Documentaries

Where you can discuss music, movies, television, art and culture.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Baul, softnlil

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

TrueCrime Documentaries

Post by LikkleMel » 13 Sep 2019, 20:03

I've always liked watching Crime Documentaries but recently got into them again. Any ones you guys have watched? I know it is one of the worst ones but I've always been interested and almost fasinated by James Bulger case.

Naughty Kitty
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Re: TrueCrime Documentaries

Post by Naughty Kitty » 13 Sep 2019, 22:07

Hmm, well I don't know much about it but I know someone who is really into "True Crime" documentary stuff and apparently there is a lot out there, so no shortage of stuff to catch up on.

thederus
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by thederus » 17 Sep 2019, 07:56

These documentaries, in my opinion, serve little to no help at all for the families involved and usually are based on crimes that have not been solved and so it's like salt in the wound.

For the ones where it has been solved the parents are invited to cry on television for the umpteenth time whilst remembering their child, their aim is to raise awareness but the show is just totake advantage of that pain.

That being said, why didnt the Mccanns cry??????
Aeri wrote:Thed you're hotter than lava

Naughty Kitty
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Post by Naughty Kitty » 18 Sep 2019, 02:59

While some documentaries can certainly exploit circumstances and/or victims/friends/relatives/etc in some cases it can help focus public attention on unsolved crimes that can lead to new information, and even lead to new information which can lead to a resolution.

In some cases it can also help people better understand and learn about how a crime happened and potentially especially where law enforcement personal are concerned help them to prevent tragic events from repeating themselves.

They can also help bring attention to criminals whom are unable to be prosecuted but whom, in some cases, have even admitted to the crime, again making people aware of whom these people are, what they've clearly done, and limiting there potential for future harm, in several cases it's even lead to those people being prosecuted and convicted because of public outcry.

By the same token and in fairness it should be pointed out that in some cases where the creators got the story wrong it's led to undeserved consequences for innocent people.

Like every other type of media reporting it has both it's good and bad points, however it's important to remember that not all documentary makers can be lumped together in those respects.

thederus
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by thederus » 18 Sep 2019, 16:02

True, but it's fun sometimes to do just that
Aeri wrote:Thed you're hotter than lava

Naughty Kitty
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Post by Naughty Kitty » 19 Sep 2019, 13:39

Lol it is sometimes. But each there own right?

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pixiedora » 20 Sep 2019, 07:33

I am a fan of this kind of show, but I do see where you're coming from Thed. I've just always been a bit morbid :lol:

[mention=59156]LikkleMel[/mention] there's one about the guy who had a bomb strapped to his chest and working out whether he was involved in the crime on purpose or was meerly a victim. It was very interesting. It's on Netflix but I can't remember the title...

Salrynn
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Salrynn » 20 Sep 2019, 08:27

I am obsessed with true crime documentaries. From Crimes that Shook Britain, to snapped, women who kill, even the silly stuff like the great millennial heist x3
If you believe it's impossible, it will be impossible.Image

Lurlei

Post by Lurlei » 20 Sep 2019, 08:39

I love watching true crime

Naughty Kitty
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Post by Naughty Kitty » 20 Sep 2019, 18:49

Well at least we got a good group, any particulars anyone?

Teeny
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 27 Sep 2019, 11:37

I find true crime documentaries interesting to watch too :)
I have watched several that have been uploaded to youtube.
Let the whole world burn... 
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Naughty Kitty
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Post by Naughty Kitty » 28 Sep 2019, 22:15

There are quite a few on YT for sure, thank fully a lot of the documentary stuff still kind of slips under YTs radar, or they just look the other way IDK.

kolindreamer
Great Britain

Post by kolindreamer » 01 Oct 2019, 09:44

Naughty Kitty wrote:Lol it is sometimes. But each there own right?

Yes, there is no need to argue about it, we all have different looks. For me, it would be terrifying to read real criminal documents which are for example associated with murder or something like that.

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pixiedora » 16 Oct 2019, 19:50

Just watched the Jinx. Was a really good documentary though reading up on the outcomes after the doc was interesting too!

Teeny
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 19 Oct 2019, 10:31

I ended up watching a short documentary on youtube the other day about a couple that purchased a home that was previously owned by a serial killer who buried their victims in the garden, 1426 F Street.
Let the whole world burn... 
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan