First time Anime convention - any tips?

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Post Reply
User avatar
ktsmovingcastle
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: 18 May 2024, 08:59
Switzerland

Achievements

First time Anime convention - any tips?

Post by ktsmovingcastle » 22 May 2024, 05:10

Hey everyone, I’m super excited because this year will be my first time attending Anime Midwest 2024! 🙌  I can't wait to dive into all the action. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the amazing cosplays, attending panels with voice actors and creators, and shopping for exclusive merch. I've got my eye on some limited-edition collectibles and new manga volumes. I also can't wait to meet fellow fans.
 For those who’ve attended before, any tips or must-see recommendations? What should I absolutely not miss? Looking forward to an amazing time and hearing your advice!  💥 😁

User avatar
ScarletMarisa375
Standard Member
Posts: 284
Joined: 08 Jul 2023, 14:03
Contact:
Great Britain

Achievements

First time Anime convention - any tips?

Post by ScarletMarisa375 » 22 May 2024, 17:25

Anime Midwest 2024? Are you going to the Birmingham convention or?

Anyways, some tips, Be respectful to others, Don't go outside your comfort zone, there's a LidL outside Edgbaston Stadium (If you're going there), If Necessary, ask someone to tour you around, be polite to others, make friends, be awesome, If you've got too much to carry, there's a place where you can drop your belongings off and they'll look after them for you, you'll need a matching raffle ticket number to help them confirm it's yours, don't overspend, don't annoy anyone, ask staff if you're not sure what to do or somet, or report the annoying people to staff and let them deal with it, don't retaliate as that can lead to you getting removed from the venue, and probably risk getting the cops involved, also, for getting pictures with voice actors/actresses, use your manners, pay the respectable price and be sure to save it to your best memories, I'm an youtuber and I'm normally on the 2nd floor where the gaming zone is, getting my ass destroyed nearly every single time I go, xD (I am utter crap at giving out tips)

Also, I only go to the Birmingham one since I know someone who lives in Birmingham who can look after me

If you need any more tips and stuff from me, contact me through the AL Forums
I'm Super ScarletMarisa375

User avatar
Expendable
Veteran Member
Posts: 14006
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 01:29
United States of America

First time Anime convention - any tips?

Post by Expendable » 22 May 2024, 17:33

If there's a maid cafe, it's a separate event you must purchase tickets for. Get them now, they're probably being booked as we speak.

Bring a charging cable and a wall plug, sometimes you'll find charging stations. Or you may want to bring a power bank. Helpful to keep your phone charged if they're offering an app for their time table and map.

Food's expensive, but if you go outside the event, there may be a long line to get back in. Don't forget to check out the con suite, they often offer refreshments.

Bring a reusable water bottle with you. You can find drink mixes at your grocery store to add flavor.

A couple of shopping totes are handy.

Comfortable shoes.

User avatar
ktsmovingcastle
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: 18 May 2024, 08:59
Switzerland

Achievements

First time Anime convention - any tips?

Post by ktsmovingcastle » 23 May 2024, 18:13

ScarletMarisa375 wrote:
22 May 2024, 17:25
Anime Midwest 2024? Are you going to the Birmingham convention or?

Anyways, some tips, Be respectful to others, Don't go outside your comfort zone, there's a LidL outside Edgbaston Stadium (If you're going there), If Necessary, ask someone to tour you around, be polite to others, make friends, be awesome, If you've got too much to carry, there's a place where you can drop your belongings off and they'll look after them for you, you'll need a matching raffle ticket number to help them confirm it's yours, don't overspend, don't annoy anyone, ask staff if you're not sure what to do or somet, or report the annoying people to staff and let them deal with it, don't retaliate as that can lead to you getting removed from the venue, and probably risk getting the cops involved, also, for getting pictures with voice actors/actresses, use your manners, pay the respectable price and be sure to save it to your best memories, I'm an youtuber and I'm normally on the 2nd floor where the gaming zone is, getting my ass destroyed nearly every single time I go, xD (I am utter crap at giving out tips)

Also, I only go to the Birmingham one since I know someone who lives in Birmingham who can look after me

If you need any more tips and stuff from me, contact me through the AL Forums


I'm going to Anime Midwest at Rosemont! Wow, thank you so much for all these tips, they're really helpful! :=D: I’ll definitely make sure to be respectful and stay within my comfort zone. It's good to know there’s a place to store belongings if we have too much to carry—that will come in handy. I’ll also be sure to ask staff if I’m unsure about anything and report any issues to them instead of handling it myself. And yes, I’ll be polite and use good manners, especially when interacting with voice actors and creators.

By the way, do you have any specific recommendations for must-see panels or events at the convention? I'm excited and nervous at the same time, although I'm going with a friend. Thanks again for all the advice! Image :pandy:

User avatar
ScarletMarisa375
Standard Member
Posts: 284
Joined: 08 Jul 2023, 14:03
Contact:
Great Britain

Achievements

First time Anime convention - any tips?

Post by ScarletMarisa375 » 23 May 2024, 19:35

ktsmovingcastle wrote:
23 May 2024, 18:13
ScarletMarisa375 wrote:
22 May 2024, 17:25
Anime Midwest 2024? Are you going to the Birmingham convention or?

Anyways, some tips, Be respectful to others, Don't go outside your comfort zone, there's a LidL outside Edgbaston Stadium (If you're going there), If Necessary, ask someone to tour you around, be polite to others, make friends, be awesome, If you've got too much to carry, there's a place where you can drop your belongings off and they'll look after them for you, you'll need a matching raffle ticket number to help them confirm it's yours, don't overspend, don't annoy anyone, ask staff if you're not sure what to do or somet, or report the annoying people to staff and let them deal with it, don't retaliate as that can lead to you getting removed from the venue, and probably risk getting the cops involved, also, for getting pictures with voice actors/actresses, use your manners, pay the respectable price and be sure to save it to your best memories, I'm an youtuber and I'm normally on the 2nd floor where the gaming zone is, getting my ass destroyed nearly every single time I go, xD (I am utter crap at giving out tips)

Also, I only go to the Birmingham one since I know someone who lives in Birmingham who can look after me

If you need any more tips and stuff from me, contact me through the AL Forums


I'm going to Anime Midwest at Rosemont! Wow, thank you so much for all these tips, they're really helpful! :=D: I’ll definitely make sure to be respectful and stay within my comfort zone. It's good to know there’s a place to store belongings if we have too much to carry—that will come in handy. I’ll also be sure to ask staff if I’m unsure about anything and report any issues to them instead of handling it myself. And yes, I’ll be polite and use good manners, especially when interacting with voice actors and creators.

By the way, do you have any specific recommendations for must-see panels or events at the convention? I'm excited and nervous at the same time, although I'm going with a friend. Thanks again for all the advice! Image :pandy:

Oh, You're going to the one in the USA, I thought you meant in the UK, That's why I asked if you were going Birmingham, xD, well, just take the advice and tips I gave you in my previous comment and you should be good
I'm Super ScarletMarisa375

User avatar
ktsmovingcastle
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: 18 May 2024, 08:59
Switzerland

Achievements

First time Anime convention - any tips?

Post by ktsmovingcastle » 26 May 2024, 11:47

Expendable wrote:
22 May 2024, 17:33
If there's a maid cafe, it's a separate event you must purchase tickets for. Get them now, they're probably being booked as we speak.

Bring a charging cable and a wall plug, sometimes you'll find charging stations. Or you may want to bring a power bank. Helpful to keep your phone charged if they're offering an app for their time table and map.

Food's expensive, but if you go outside the event, there may be a long line to get back in. Don't forget to check out the con suite, they often offer refreshments.

Bring a reusable water bottle with you. You can find drink mixes at your grocery store to add flavor.

A couple of shopping totes are handy.

Comfortable shoes.

Thank you so much for the helpful tips! I'll definitely look into getting tickets for the maid cafe now—I didn't realize they could sell out so quickly. I'll make sure to bring a power bank to keep my phone charged. I'll also pack a reusable water bottle and I'll check out the con suite for refreshments. Bringing a couple of shopping totes and wearing comfortable shoes is great advice as well! I'm getting even more excited for Anime Midwest! Thanks again! :Nep:

Post Reply