Government to change PIP (Personal Independence Payment) for disabled people to "vouchers" instead of cash

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Government to change PIP (Personal Independence Payment) for disabled people to "vouchers" instead of cash

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Apr 2024, 10:37

Link

I humbly apologise but what the hell?! Even for the Tories this is beyond ridiculous and nobody with more than 2 thirds of a brain would ratify it! (I hope)

All because SOME disabled people abuse the system! Smfh.

As a disabled adult myself, I've lived with/met more disabled people than I can count who could literally no more work than I could put on a cosplay cape/wings and fly South for the Winter.

Thoughts?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 29 Apr 2024, 11:45

honestly this seems horrendous :<

you can't buy everything you need with "vouchers", sometimes you need money and there's no way around that...

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Apr 2024, 12:31

lolin wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 11:45

you can't buy everything you need with "vouchers", sometimes you need money and there's no way around that...

True, but all the Tories care about is appeasing the far right rhetoric that ALL disabled people are "workshy slaves to the benefit system", even though like I said this morning, there's MILLIONS of severely disabled people who are mentally AND physically incapable of working.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

ScarletMarisa375
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ScarletMarisa375 » Yesterday, 11:13

What is this shit? I get PIP and now I'm just gonna get vouchers?!
I'm Super ScarletMarisa375

ScarletMarisa375
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ScarletMarisa375 » Yesterday, 11:14

Rich-Allen1976 wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 12:31
lolin wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 11:45

True, but all the Tories care about is appeasing the far right rhetoric that ALL disabled people are "workshy slaves to the benefit system", even though like I said this morning, there's MILLIONS of severely disabled people who are mentally AND physically incapable of working.

Especially me, with my Epilepsy, Autism and Cerebral Palsy, why would someone do somet so cruel? It's like we don't deserve what we deserve
I'm Super ScarletMarisa375