Should I go and see "Spy X Family"? It's on at the Odeon (dubbed and subbed) next week

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Should I go and see "Spy X Family"? It's on at the Odeon (dubbed and subbed) next week

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 26 Apr 2024, 19:42

Above.

I do have various agendas next week, some of which are in the hands of the annoying social services, but I could have time for a movie.

Can anyone recommend it?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 27 Apr 2024, 13:25

I want to try and see it! If you watched the series it is a good, fun series :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 27 Apr 2024, 21:48

If you haven't watched the series, it may be a bit confusing at first. Depends how much backstory they are going to cram in at the start, but yes. Anime on the big screen is awesome. I remember going to see Blood+ many years ago. I was probably the oldest person in the sparsely populated theatre, but I loved every minute.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Apr 2024, 07:27

Ojisama wrote:
27 Apr 2024, 21:48
If you haven't watched the series, it may be a bit confusing at first. Depends how much backstory they are going to cram in at the start, but yes. Anime on the big screen is awesome. I remember going to see Blood+ many years ago. I was probably the oldest person in the sparsely populated theatre, but I loved every minute.

Yeah we went to that "Boy and the Heron" last week, in the original Japanese with subtitles, a bit weird really, but good story.

I've just booked Spy X Family (Dubbed) at the Odeon, 14.20 showing on Wednesday.

I might have to cancel, support company's messed up (again! Stuff will be said to social services, I just know they won't do owt cos my social worker's on sick leave till further notice)
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)