Xbox Series S overheating!

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 10 Jun 2023, 18:56

I bought it brand new a few months ago from O2 Rewards, according to my Googling, it appears the fan could be knackered, do I need to contact MS for a replacement? I know they're really good, I've replaced my Series X at least twice in the last 2 and three quarter years for the same problem, knackered disc drive, through the warranty.

As mentioned I am aware of Google, has anyone had the same problem with their console?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 10 Jun 2023, 20:38

Make with the helpful comments please! I am aware of Google and use it all the time.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 13 Jun 2023, 09:28

Its a console, overheating is a feature, not a bug.
What I did with my PS4 is I just took all the guts out of the garbage box it came with and installed it on a PC case. The power supply should be able to handle a few extra fans, if not just add a small 12V or 9V supply to the PC case depending on the fans you use. There is no way to make the original box not overheat since there isn't enough room to fit proper heatsinks and it would obstruct airflow even further.