Vigo Venn wins BGT 2023

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Vigo Venn wins BGT 2023

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 05 Jun 2023, 05:49

Above.

And apparently the audience booed him out of the Building.

I stopped caring when Chicken Shed didn't get to the final, but of course, most of CS were disabled, and we can't have disabled people winning a big competition, even if they were the best act! I officially give up on this country!

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Vigo Venn wins BGT 2023

Post by LikkleMel » 05 Jun 2023, 23:42

I haven't watched BGT in ages :XD: But I'll be honest I'm glad someone who was "entertaining" won than the typical singers and dancers.

Don't get me wrong the 13 year old is a great dancer, however, she needs to keep up with it and she will be a professional in no time.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Vigo Venn wins BGT 2023

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Jun 2023, 09:46

Damn, there used to be a time where we could actually make up our mind on who we wanted to win. I saw loads of people rallying on socials getting people to vote for him, never saw any other act get the same treatment. Viggo didn't win, the public did. It's what happens when you give the public a say. Sure I guess he is funny, his comedy could be seen as old school but he just ripped away an opportunity that most of the other acts spent years and years to prepare for. I feel quite bad for Ellie and Connor because they are the epitome of what I've just mentioned- that stuff they pulled off is not easy and would take years of practice and dedication, either one or the other were more deserving. But hey, like I said, pubic won- they got what they wanted, they voted for it. It's whatever XD

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Vigo Venn wins BGT 2023

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 08 Jun 2023, 11:03

The kind of public who vote on stuff like this would literally jump off a cliff without a Parachute if Simon Cowell told them to, that's how thick they are.

Yeah sorry, for various reasons I've been in a foul mood all morning.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Vigo Venn wins BGT 2023

Post by LilMissLarBear » 08 Jun 2023, 17:04

I mean... I get that people find it funny and people have said that we need something like this to lift us up. But what I don't appreciate it the fact that Viggo was a *very. clear. winner* and check the votes if you don't believe - but then so many bloody people have given him so much hate and I'm like DUDE he got literally TWICE AS MANY votes as the person in second place the others could not have come close! It's what you frigging get when you vote for the memes and don't take it seriously!

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Vigo Venn wins BGT 2023

Post by GraceMellody » 26 Jun 2023, 07:44

Viggo was hilarious, I'm really glad he won
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt