The world of well, me basically!

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 08 May 2023, 16:22

After an annoying weekend, I had a slightly better day today, made even better by an email a few hours ago saying I've won 2 free tickets to the Gladiators taping at the Utilita Arena on the 2nd of June.

I rang Laura to discuss it, and she's moaning about it being a 5 hour event, 13.00 to 18.00, I fail to see the problem? She has more than the required fortnight's notice! Fortunately Dad says he'll go with me rather than me changing the support staff as Kieran would cry about working after 18.00, well he would live out at Mosborough! Smh.

In other news, I need to have a chat with Dad about a trip up to Leeds on the 11th of June to attend comic con at the Royal Armouries, it would be cheaper than going to the AL one on the 4th, especially when I paid £48 for 2 tickets to the Sheffield AL one in September last year.

I also may end up attending/competing at the Lincolnshire Championships for TKD in June on the 17th, I need to have a longish chat with Mr S about the logistics of getting to and from.

I've had several emails this afternoon from Indeed inviting me to apply for various jobs, most of which were totally unsuitable as I keep telling the Agency fools I can't do full time due to personal circumstances! There's one going in a Petrol Station at Wales Bar that's part time, but logistically it'd be a nightmare to get to, I'm not entirely sure where it is except it's somewhere in Rotherham?

I've had a punt on it, I just know it'll be a hard no due to the disability/autism issues and the fact I can't do long hours.

I wouldn't mind but it's supposed to be illegal to discriminate under the 2010 Equality Act, but there's loopholes there that they can use to discriminate without actually saying they're discriminating IMO.

It's nice to be in demand, like I spent most of last week getting the same kind of emails, but not when as mentioned, most of the jobs aren't in any way suitable.

The Housing are doing my head in, methinks a conversation with social services tomorrow is in order, work is also getting annoying, they keep saying there's no demand for my services, why give me the flippin' job then?!

Anyway I'm off.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 13 May 2023, 18:25

So I spent most of yesterday trying to contact the new social worker, some guy called Maxwell! I've heard of people having the communication skills of a Sheep but this is beyond ridiculous! I sent a rather long email to him on Thursday, I guarantee it won't ever be responded to! And they wonder why everyone hates social workers?!

The Housing are also doing my head in, I spent most of yesterday afternoon trying to discuss the place I was offered on Fulton Road in lower Walkley, it's not suitable as it's on a BIG hill, and not near any bus stops or shops or anything, the nearest shops are on South Road such as the ASDA, which is quite a long walk away (at least by my standards)

Like I said, I've emailed the social worker to try and get "medical priority" on the Housing register, as I've been bidding on properties since last April, but because I don't have priority I keep losing out due to the extremely large waiting lists for properties.

Medical priority my arse! I hate talking to the socials! You'd literally get more sense talking to next door's cat! :rage:

Oh well, at least I've managed to get a ton of Xbox achievements this week, and also Steam achievements on Cassette Beasts.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 14 May 2023, 17:47

Busy day today.

Been shopping at Meadowhall.

Bought a game, 2 coffees, a Banana, lunch, and 3 kids' books for next door's kids (all different ages) and this week's Lottery tickets.

My Fitbit watch says I've done nearly 6000 steps today, walking to the Tram, most of the way round Meadowhall from the Tram terminus and back, and then down through the Estate from the Netherthorpe Road Tram stop.

More exercise in a bit, at TKD but I'm not allowed to wear the watch to train, for safety reasons.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 16 May 2023, 19:52

Busy day today again.

I stayed over at the Flat last night, wanted to watch Corrie and do some PC work, otherwise I'd have stayed at Mum and Dad's, unfortunately that meant I left my Wallet, bag, and phone up there, Dad brought it this morning and some money.

While I was in the bath, the manager from the Housing rang apparently, yet the support kid didn't answer the phone, about my request for "medical priority" on the Housing list, I've got to fill in and send back a longish form, I'll get Laura to help with it next week.

Anyway, when I'd got ready, I did some Xbox, created a new female character, Samantha Slam, the sister of the English Kurt Angle clone called Sam Slam who I made last week, from Birmingham, England, I'll post photos in the photography section at some point.

And then we popped off to Town, armed with an old Police recruitment book I bought on eBay last year, well I've tried like 5 times to get into SYP Specials, and failed (I wouldn't mind but I HAD to declare my disability, and the Police are clearly exempt from the Equality Act!) so I don't need the book, I donated it to the Oxfam on West St (it was 7 years to the day last Friday since I left, used to work in there but I had to resign on safety grounds, the day I left, the shop got burgled that morning, after the shift, I got attacked by some fool in a hoodie at the Bus stop! And it took the idiot social worker 2 weeks to report it to the Coppers, by which time the CCTV was out of date and they couldn't identify the attacker! And they wonder why everyone hates social workers! I despair!)

On the way back, I was pleasantly shocked after popping in Tesco for a TV Choice and 2 packs of AA batteries when I checked the balance on my ready cash card, Dad says we'll go to the Bank tomorrow and find out where it's all come from? I haven't won anything on the Lottery since towards the end of April and that was only a small prize so it'll not be that.

I've emailed work to see if they've given me a bonus as an incentive not to quit due to an apparent lack of demand for my services, the gaffer says to contact the Bank, this was after I spoke to the social worker to see if they'd given me a "cost of living" bonus as advertised by the government, no on that score!

Oh well, there's a few bits I want imminently so I'm not knocking the extra income.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 16 May 2023, 21:45

Could be a payment from the tax people. I had a little extra in my pension money last month from a tax adjustment.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 May 2023, 07:20

Ojisama wrote:
16 May 2023, 21:45
Could be a payment from the tax people. I had a little extra in my pension money last month from a tax adjustment.

I'm on benefits, the only tax I pay is Council tax and even that's at a reduced rate.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 May 2023, 16:51

So I was originally up around 6.50, Mum sent me back to bed, and I was up properly about an hour later, came down and had a protein shake, and then went back up for a shower, and then came back and had breakfast, checked last night’s Lottery ticket (no good) and did some PC work.

Just before half 8 we set off for FlyCheese, armed with my wallet, phone, and glasses, arrived around 8.50, waited till just after 9 and went in, sat by the Mac, had a coffee, and then did some final edits on the Batman and Robin project including bloopers and audio level edits.

It’s now on YouTube that! As is the Basil Brush project, and eventually, the Top of the Pops project from last year.

Decided on a short Meat Loaf tribute project next (audio mainly)

After the session, I had to ring Laura to discuss if anyone’s coming tomorrow because empty head’s gone off sick again! (Kieran) and people call ME workshy?! I officially despair!

Plus he’s down for most of the calls next week!

Even worse, due to the current financial woes, we’re not going to comic con on Sunday, I was looking forward to that! Fuck incompetent insurance companies!

Fortunately there’s another con in Leeds on the 11th of June from the same company, it’d cost to get up to Leeds but other than that the event’s free, and it’s probably a better venue, the Royal Armouries.

And Mercy’s covering the call tomorrow, and we’re still having a full day to do stuff on Sunday, me and Laura, could spend the day in bed (I think she knows I *ahem* would, but it wouldn’t be appropriate) all jokes aside, we might pop down to Doncaster for a day’s er, Window shopping at the Frenchgate.

I did book Fast X at the Odeon for Sunday lunchtime, I might cancel that, I didn’t rate the last few Fast movies.

I suppose it’s kind of a good thing we’re not going to Elsecar given that TKD is at 19.00 on Sunday due to Mr S being in Wales for the Welsh Championships, Neil Harrison’s doing the teaching, known him for years.

It’s just annoying that we probably won’t get to Lincolnshire Champs next month due to the cost of travelling.

I was looking forward to that.

The next one’s the World Champs in Coventry, that’d be even more expensive on the Train.

I’ve mentioned it to Laura as a possibility of going with them, but logistically I doubt it’d be possible due to having to go early to get to the venue in Grantham before 9.

Some new Xbox Game Pass games coming soon, including the Xbox version of Cassette Beasts next Thursday, I’ve already got a ton of achievements on the Steam version.

I’ve also been rejected for various jobs I’ve applied for due to limited availability, and I can’t do weekends, such as Farmfoods in Doncaster (although to be honest, even though Doncaster’s a fairly short Train ride away, logistically it’d still be a nightmare if it’s not local to the Frenchgate) and Beaverbrooks in Meadowhall, again due to the limited hours issue, and probably disability issues.

I wouldn’t mind but between 1995 and 1997 I did 2 years at College getting NVQs in retail! Complete waste of time apparently, I’d have probably been better off staying at the Oxfam, but the YTS was doing my head in so I was doomed either way.

Equality Act 2010? Waste of effort on the government’s part IMO, in the last 13 years they never have, and probably never will, enforce it.

In other news, for the Meat Loaf project, I’ve ordered a red hanky on Amazon, only £2.29, and a 4 Gig USB stick.

Right, I’m off.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 May 2023, 15:18

So yesterday I was just before 8, made a protein shake, and then tried to run my own bath, I succeeded, kind of, I just couldn’t plug in the controller for the bath seat so I had to sit in the bath, not use the controller, just sit on the chair and reach for the wash stuff.

A bit after, I made some breakfast and then Laura arrived around 9.30.

I told her we could’ve gone down to Elsecar comic con after all, as I can spend money on my card, to the tune of about £20, just not that load of extra money from last week (see last Wednesday’s edition), she said no as she’d not booked Taxis from the Train Station to the venue and back, she did however, say we could go to a con a bit further afield on another day, choice of either Leeds Unleashed or the Em-Con at Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, can’t do both as they’re both on the same day.

I opted for Nottingham, it’s a bit nearer, and the same guests from Elsecar would be there, in fact the guest list’s even better! Hugo Myatt, aka Treguard from Knightmare, Peter Davison and Colin Baker from Doctor Who, Chris Barrie from Red Dwarf and the Brittas Empire, Will Mellor from Corrie and Two Pints of Lager! Bring on the photo ops! All I need is a fully charged phone and a working camera with batteries and a 32 Gig SD card.

I did have a plan to pop down to the Odeon to see Super Mario again, but in the end, something came up, filling an important document in so we did most of that.

I enjoy chatting to Laura, she’s easy to talk with, plus she’s pretty hot/gorgeous, if I knew her under different circumstances and she was single…

We had some lunch later, and then I did some Xbox gaming.

We also had a discussion regarding the staff taking me to the Lincolnshire Championships in Grantham on the 17th, she says she’ll let me know if it’s feasible by Wednesday tea time as the entries close on Friday, so if it’s a yes (and it might not be) I’d need to pay Mr S the £15 in class on Wednesday.

And then raise the funds for open return Train fares.

Fortunately I get paid from work either tomorrow or Wednesday, I might be able to use the funds from that.

After all that talking, I was in need of a coffee, so Laura made herself and I one.

Late afternoon, she left just after 17.00, and half an hour later, Dad arrived, I reminded him that TKD was at 19.00 due to Mr S being in Cardiff for the Welsh Championships, so he rang Mum to do an early tea.

Turns out we’d have been better off skipping class! Why is it that nobody ever tells us anything till after the fact? Neil Harrison took the class as he’s just passed his 2nd Dan black belt, but he told us he could only do till 19.30, oh well, better than no class at all, although to be honest they’d have probably been better off cancelling, after the warm ups the lesson was half over, at least I got to practice Yul Gok and 2 step sparring.

Got back just after 20.00, and I was on the PC and Xbox till 22.30, had tablets and went to bed.

Moving on to today.

I was up around 8.30, came down and had a protein shake, and then went back up and had a shower and then a shave, and then got dressed and came down for breakfast.

Checked the emails, and I’d had a message from Showsec inviting me to do a video interview for the Events job I applied to last week, however the login didn’t work, so I rang ’em up, they said it was an error at their end (doesn’t inspire much confidence) and reset it, I’ve done the questions, and then earlier this afternoon they sent me an email saying I’ve PASSED the interview and wanted me to upload various documents, I downloaded last month’s payroll from work, uploaded that, a PIP document, a photo of my birth certificate, and a recent selfie, I await an email with the next step.

I’ve also had a call from someone on the mobile, summat about signing up to their Portal? I said “Richard Allen” like 4 times, she didn’t understand, I hung up! 2 minutes later she rang me back, still didn’t understand so I gave up! I even spelt out my name “R-I-C-H-A-R-D-A-L-L-E-N” FFS I speak English in a local accent and these call centre drones don’t understand me! Rather annoying.

In fact I might mention speech therapy at the Cochlear appointment next Wednesday up at the RHH.

All in all, a busy day then, possibly with more to come.

Been watching classic UK Gladiators on YouTube in prep for going to the new one at the Arena next Friday, looking forward to that, due to Kieran moaning about working after 17.00, and Laura can’t, Dad’s going as I don’t wanna take Jamal to something like that due to his tendency to wander off on me plus the lad wasn’t even born in the 90s when Gladiators was on, he’s only 19.

Right, I’m off.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 May 2023, 21:09

So this morning I was up around 8.30, came down for a shake, and then went back upstairs and got dressed, and we set off for the Flat, all of us, to meet Jamal.

He arrived around 9.30 just as I was having breakfast, we chatted, eventually Mum and Dad left, I did some Xbox, tried to win a match in the women’s MyRise story mode, couldn’t do it, so I pre-downloaded Star Trek Resurgence, said it was actually out at 16.00 today so I could play it this afternoon.

I also tried to download Planet of Lana from Game Pass, that didn’t come till later either.

In the end, I tried to connect the mobile to the Wi Fi to download a biggish security update on Android, the Wi Fi wouldn’t connect so I rang Sky up to see if there was a problem, annoyingly the Scottish woman didn’t understand me I told her to P off, she immediately rang me back, I explained the problem on my mobile, and she said to contact O2.

So we set off to Town around 11.30, went in McDonald’s first to get some lunch, I wouldn’t normally go there at lunch time as it takes ages to get served, but I was in need of sustinance and to use their loo.

After lunch, I popped in HMV, but there was nothing I wanted, so we walked up to the O2 shop, via Tesco on Fargate, to get this week’s Lotteries, I asked for 1 lucky dip for Euromillions for tonight, and 1 each for tomorrow and Saturday, on 2 seperate tickets, the guy didn’t understand! And neither did his colleague, I eventually got what I wanted.

Went in O2, the assistant in there fixed the issue, and later I was able to download the big update and use my phone.

After O2, I went in WH Smiths and bought this week’s TV Choice (all next week’s soap spoilers)

And then we came back to the Flat, via Infirmary Road Tesco as I needed some milk.

I made a coffee, and did some PC work, and made some calls, I needed to speak to work about this month’s payslip, seeing as through no fault of my own I did NO work in April, there wouldn’t be any pay! And I’ve not done any work since March, I’ve addressed this with Phil Perkins, and have threatened to resign, I know Dad wants me to but I don’t want to not work, and with my age, disability issues and limited availability/hours, I can’t really get anything else, I got rejected twice last week due to the limited availability issue! Laura says she’ll arrange a meeting with Phil to discuss staff attending official capacity visits for work with me.

The payslip came in from Payroll at tea time, and predictably there’s nothing on it, except it’s confusing as it says “Net Pay £28”, I need to query that, but seeing as the Experts team has the communication skills of a Duck, I don’t hold much hope.

I’ve also been playing 2 new games, that new Star Trek game, which is pretty cool so far, and Planet of Lana on Game Pass.

2 new Game Pass games out this week, Xbox version of Cassette Beasts on Thursday, and something else I think.

Had tea when we got back, and then I watched a walkthrough on YouTube for the new Trek game, I know how to do the bit I was stuck on now.

I’ve had a conversation with Laura earlier, predictably there’s no way to attend the TKD thing in Grantham next month, she can’t find either the staff or hours! I wouldn’t mind but she had like, a month’s notice even though the entries close on Friday.

But, it’s the nature of the care sector that they don’t got no staff.

She’s also told me that Mercy’s shadowing with Kieran tomorrow and Friday, as she needs to learn how to do the bath.

Normally I would’ve stayed in tomorrow as I thought I’d be budgeting for the TKD thing next month, but obviously that’s not the case, I’m still budgeting for the Comic con in Nottingham on the 11th though, for food and spending on the stalls.

I just think I’m gonna have to quit work, I know Dad wants me to, but I’d rather not unless I absolutely have to.

Right, I’m off, I need sleep.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 23 May 2023, 21:49

except it’s confusing as it says “Net Pay £28”

Check the tax box. Probably a refund.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 May 2023, 17:10

Ojisama wrote:
23 May 2023, 21:49
except it’s confusing as it says “Net Pay £28”

Check the tax box. Probably a refund.

I don't pay tax, I don't work enough hours to pay tax, which is annoying because at the moment I don't work AT ALL.

I've addressed this with work several times and they keep telling me there's no demand for my services! Why give me the fucking job then?!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 25 May 2023, 16:12

TKD was good last night, bring on the mock and then real gradings!

Annoyingly there's no way to get to Lincolnshire on the 17th, Dad can't drive all that way, and there's no staff available to go with me, even with like, a month's notice! I wouldn't mind but we'd only be there till about 3-4 PM.

No way to get to Castleford for that First Aid course the following Saturday either, plus I know for a fact Dad wouldn't let me pay 50 quid for a course if I could go.

I'm in the process of trying to get a free course through work, except it wouldn't really be free, I paid about £18 in open return Train fares down to Nottingham for a comic con next month, last week, I booked that because of Peter Davison and Colin Baker from Doctor Who, also Will "Gaz" Mellor, and Hugo "Treguard" Myatt (he's the main one I'm keen to meet, back in the late 80s I wanted to go on Knightmare, but I wasn't popular at school - for obvious reasons, so I'd have struggled to come up with a team, plus knowing that lot they'd have got me "killed" on level 1, on purpose!)

In better news, we've almost got the Top of the Pops project ready to chuck it on YouTube, with disclaimers saying most of the music's not written by us but it's me, Owen and Jason singing.

And we're in the planning stage for my next project, another Meat Loaf tribute, got to decide on 3 songs to sing, I think I might do a mix of modern and older songs, so that might be "If God could talk", "Blind before I stop" and er, "Bad Attitude", 3 of arguably the best songs from his best 3 albums.

On the way back, somebody rang on the mobile, but I had to drop the call as Dad doesn't like me being on the phone when he's driving, I'll ring back tomorrow and see what it is.

I've also been in contact with the manager from SYHA, and also that complete berk who they assigned to be my social worker back in March! I need some help to fill in a form to get medical priority on the Housing list, yet Mum and Dad are against me moving, so I can't really ask them even though there's stuff on the form that only they can answer.

One of these days I'll get someone from the socials who's NOT a complete numpty, although that's being extremely hopeful.

In better news, I've managed to download the Xbox version of Cassette Beasts Fusion, and it's even better than the Steam version I bought last month! I've already got a ton of achievements, I'm just 80 points short of 100K overall.

Right, I'm off.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 27 May 2023, 20:48

Busy day today.

I've ordered some shopping from Tesco, which is coming between 10 and 11 tomorrow morning, been to Town for lunch, and then went in Sainsbury's to check last night's Lottery ticket, no good predictably (you think I'd still be in Sheffield if I'd won £67M? I'd take my family to the US or Australia!), and then went for a J2O in Cavell's.

Came back on the Tram, saw one of the Neighbours on the Tram again (saw her on the way back yesterday), and walked back to the Flat via the Netherthorpe Road stop, made a coffee, and then checked the tracking on the Printer I ordered on Amazon last night, it said between 3.45 and 6.45, I knew I'd have come back to Mum and Dad's by then so I redirected it to next door, the delivery still failed! Damn you!

Came back here with Dad around 15.00, via Wicke's, and then picking Mum up from Home Bargains, did some Xbox and PC work, and had a coffee.

Later it was tea.

I've just cleared another game, Cyber Shockman, for the full 1000 points thanks to an in game invicibility cheat.

I'm now just 2 points short of 100K in total, I'll try and clear that before the end of next Wednesday.

Right, I'm off.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 May 2023, 15:56

Busy day again today.

Been to McDonald's for lunch, and actually got served in under half an hour.

After lunch, we went in CEX to try and sell an old phone, 2 hour waiting list to test the phone, this was around 12.08 and I knew we'd to be back before 14.30 so I said I'd pop back in the week when it's not as busy, the phone would only be worth £8 from them, however I'm loath to put it on eBay due to what happened last time I sold an item on there, even though I'd got a fair bit more money for it (possibly)

That new printer's come as well, it was in the wheelie bin (I was actually in for the delivery, but due to a busy week and being tired, I'd gone back to bed, I knew the delivery was coming, which arrived about an hour ago, placed in the wheelie bin, I fished it out and brought it upstairs)

TKD tonight, normally I'd skip but it's grading season so I can't miss any.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 31 May 2023, 17:40

Annoying day.

Hospital appointment to get a right ear hearing aid fitted, we ended up taking the spare for the LEFT ear! D'oh! So we've got to go back in another 6 weeks! I just wanna get the trip to Birmingham for the Cochlear op out of the way.

Further annoyance this afternoon, on the advice of one of my support guys last week, I rang Showsec up to withdraw my application for one of their door supervisor jobs on disability/physical fitness (lack thereof) grounds, I had to repeat myself like 5 times before they understood me, and this was on the sodding landline! Also, I've been trying again to use the new printer, total fail! I wouldn't mind but I thought we sorted this yesterday, spent ages trying to sort it and actually managed to print out 2 documents! I did actually print out the tickets for Gladiators at the Arena on Friday, a 5 page document, but since I did that, the printer won't work!

Following a highly annoying conversation with Amazon's Foreign customer support agent, with whom I had to repeat myself 5 times (again) before he understood me (I freely admit I have NO patience but this would annoy the feckin' Pope!)

Fortunately I'm training in a bit and might be able to work off some frustration on the punch pads.

Also TKD related, the new support lady's recorded me doing my pattern and 2 step sparring on my phone, and I've sent it on WhatsApp to Mr S, he might pass comment in a bit, but if he doesn't, Dad says not to bring it up.

Mock grading next Saturday at Forge Valley, 14.15 for green belts/blue stripes I think it said.

Right, I'm off.