The world of well, me basically!

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Mar 2023, 17:43

Better day today.

Well after I went to bed in a bad mood (to put it mildly) last night, I woke up also in a bad mood around 7, and went back to bed till just over an hour later, Dad got me up at 8.15.

I got dressed after showering last night, and came down, had a Protein shake, and later, breakfast after checking last night's Lottery ticket, not even 1 number! Fortunately it's a rollover (again) on Saturday.

Then we set off to my course.

Got there just after 9, had a coffee, and watched some short footage on YouTube, and then set off removing green and blue screens in After Effects from final footage for the Batman and Robin project.

Including a funny blooper of Owen face palming because he'd fluffed his lines! Although to be fair the lad does have Down's.

More recording of the lines to come next week on a Zoom mic, that and adding all the edited footage to a Premier Pro project and doing the opening and closing credits in Photoshop.

After the lesson, we came back here, and I did some PC work and had a sandwich and another coffee and watched The Bill.

Then I started working on a project in Godot, got to the bit where I start writing GDscript, and saved the project and moved onto watching YouTube and playing Xbox.

Just had a coffee and a biscuit, and it'll be tea in a bit.

And then after tea we might pop to Tesco for milk and a few other bits, and go back to the Flat.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 25 Mar 2023, 20:41

Stressful day today.

And half an hour ago it got considerably worse.

I've had to formally tender my resignation from work, because Dad won't do the CQC care home visits with me, because both he and Mum may end up in care homes themselves at some point being in their 70s.

I wouldn't mind but Dad did the whole work/marriage/kids thing from a fairly young age (he was about a month of shy of 24 when he married Mum, 24 when he got my Brother, and 27 and half nearly when they got me, plus he worked on the Park Hill Flats in the early to mid 60s) but he doesn't have my problems, and it's a bit much that my own family thinks the same as most of the Internet, that I'm a workshy waste of skin/slave to the benefit system.

I didn't choose to be born deaf/disabled/mildly Autistic! I must've been bloody Adolf Hitler or Genghis Khan in a previous life or summat.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 26 Mar 2023, 14:48

Better day today.

Up around 7, got dressed and had a protein shake, and then a bit after, we set off back to the Flat, I had some breakfast when we got back, and did some PC work, and then at 9.30 Jamal arrived, I had a very quick bath as I had an agenda to pop to Town to try and sell the camera again, still a no, I wouldn't mind but I specifically bought the back lens cap they keep asking for on eBay last week, but I can't find it at the Flat.

Fortunately I sold 3 old games for £26 for all 3 (in total, not each)

This was after popping in Cavell's for a coffee and a quick use of their loo (not supposed to use their loo without being a customer)

Then we went in Wendy's to try and get some lunch, the self service machine was broke so we went in McDonald's where I bought a large cheese burger, large chips and a large chocolate shake.

After lunch, we walked up to Waterstone's in Orchard Square (well I wanted to walk my lunch off) to look for a programming book, nowt in stock that I want so we walked through TK Maxx to the Cathedral Tram stop and came Home.

When we got back I had a coffee, and managed to purchase 2 games on Steam, both of which work perfectly on Linux via the Steam client, I also downloaded and successfully ran the latest version of Godot Game Engine, I'll do some work this week on projects, if I could get Steam to work on my Ubuntu box here, I'd be doing it now.

So overall not a bad day really, and unlike last week, no annoying druggies in Town (although why all the druggies/homeless people congregate round the High St when it's like 2 minutes from Snig Hill cop shop, I don't know? Plus there's the Homeless shelter behind Walkabout on West St/top of Carver St)

TKD tonight, I was going to skip it but hopefully the boss will take pity on me and let me grade on Wednesday, he did last time.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 26 Mar 2023, 20:27

Well seeing as I've tried 4 times to sell the old camera to CEX and they keep saying it needs other accessories, I listed it on eBay for £52 plus £5.32 postage, and guess what? It's actually sold for the full asking price! So I've got to box it all up and post it all off tomorrow or Tuesday.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 26 Mar 2023, 21:03

Oh, nice! Yeah I've never took anything to CEX to sell before but I'd imagine because it's in a actual shop it needs to look as new as possible for it to be accessible meaning there must be no parts missing perhaps?

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 27 Mar 2023, 07:53

LilMissLarBear wrote:
26 Mar 2023, 21:03
Oh, nice! Yeah I've never took anything to CEX to sell before but I'd imagine because it's in a actual shop it needs to look as new as possible for it to be accessible meaning there must be no parts missing perhaps?

I've been buying and selling in there for years, usually with no problems.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 27 Mar 2023, 08:47

I quit!

I've just spent the last 20 minutes trying to ring various contacts at work, on a Monday morning, no response! FFS, I hate this company and its lack of communication skills! I wouldn't mind but I'm the one that's supposed to have a communication disorder!

Well the Boss has just rung me on the landline, I couldn't hear him very well so he rang me back on the mobile, he's going to try and find someone to go with me on the care home visits, I'd rather not quit unless I absolutely have to as at my age I'd struggle to get another job, especially with the disability issues and the fact I can't work 40 hours a week due to personal circumstances.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Mar 2023, 10:20

So I've just come off a very productive live chat session with O2, 2 in fact.

They're sending me a free jiffy bag so I can send off my phone for repair due to a technical issue, which should arrive by this time next week.

I love this company! Award winning customer service, much better than most of the others.

They've sent the repair label, which for some reason went in spam on my Gmail, good job I checked and marked it as "not spam"

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Mar 2023, 19:40

Good day today.

Great chat with Laura and sorted some stuff out, she says she's coming all weekend the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of April, I'm thinking of popping up to Leeds for the Emmerdale tour, especially seeing as I've just renewed my disabled railcard this morning, which would've expired on the 26th of April.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 31 Mar 2023, 19:45

So the Jiffy bag arrived this morning, along with a few other bits such as a plus Baby Yoda toy I'll be using as an accessory at the next comic con (dressed as the Mandalorian) just don't tell Mum and Dad or they'll mercilessly take the wee wee out of me for the rest of my life!

I've taken the SIM card out, boxed up the phone and Royal Mail are collecting it and a faulty controller I bought on Amazon yesterday, tomorrow morning.

I've also had a discussion with my old friend Tony about accompanying me on official care home visits for work, despite being 76 (he doesn't look it though) and a retired former social worker/carer, he says he'll speak to his severely disabled wife about it and get back to me, I've told him it's not a problem if she says no, even though that probably does mean I'd have to quit the job, which Dad wants me to do anyway but no, I'm not becoming another benefit statistic! The Internet are NOT right about me being a workshy slave to the benefit system.

Just watched tonight's Corrie, is it just me or does that Glenda get hotter/more beautiful every week? I always did like chunkier women lol.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 01 Apr 2023, 18:52

Mixed day today, which idiot decided to close 3 out of 4 mobile phone shops on Fargate so I had to go all the way to flippin' Meadowhall when Wednesday were at Home so consequently we got caught on a Hillsborough bound Tram full of football fans on the way back?! At least I managed to successfully purchase a Nokia 105 from Argos, on EE, which still needs setting up, more to the point, WTF kind of an idiot in Argos sells a phone without a charger?! So now we've got to spend a minimum of a tenner on a USB charger tomorrow, that and set the SIM cards up, which neither Mum, Dad or I know how to do.

We also went in Subway for lunch, I asked for a 6 inch cheese Sub, bloke sold me a footlong! I'm sure some people don't understand Yorkshire accents, or just don't listen to me and it's incredibly annoying! I wouldn't mind but back in the mid 80s I actually had speech therapy to correct a slight lisp, nearly 40 years later I think I need to look into it again, either that or Eliza Doolittle style elocution lessons, not to learn how to talk "posh", just so that most call centres can understand my strong local accent, which is currently NOT the case.

Also, as mentioned, on the way back, a massive crowd of rowdy football fans got on at the Cathedral stop, if only the 31 ran on a Saturday, then I'd have got off at Castle Square and got that.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 02 Apr 2023, 15:35

Slightly better day today.

The support lad managed to set that new phone up for me! Good lad! He does have his uses.

After breakfast and a coffee, and watching some of last night's Wrestle Mania 39 night 1 (which I've actually got on in another tab now) we decided to pop to Town for a coffee and some lunch.

When we eventually arrived in Town, I was in dire need of a wee, so we popped in Cavell's, but officially you're not supposed to use their loo without being a customer, so I bought a coffee, went in the disabled loo, and waited for the lunch time menu at 12, nothing on it I wanted, so we went across to Wendy's and I bought a Cheeseburger, bag of chips and probably the smallest chocolate thick shake I'd ever had! Plus it was that thick I couldn't actually drink it, but eat it like an ice cream.

Oh well, the whole meal only cost me about 3 or 4 quid.

Then we went in CEX and I bought 2 DVDs for £6, and then had an idea to try and get a cheap phone for Dad so we went back in CEX, they'd got a Nokia 100 for £8, lock to Virgin but they couldn't sell me a Virgin credit thingy and there's no Virgin shops in Town so I said it was no good, especially when Dad probably wouldn't use it anyway.

She also said they'd got the wrong charger in the box! What? Anyway there was a mobile phone shop next door so I nipped in there, £20 for the charger? Eh? The phone itself was only worth £8! So we went back in CEX, she'd found the correct charger, but as mentioned the phone was locked on Virgin and they'd no credit things so I didn't bother.

We just walked back to the Tram stop, and came home, via Tesco to get this week's Lottery tickets, I thought I'd try my luck on a Scratch card, and I won £2!

Got back, made a coffee and did some Xbox.

The support lad left at 14.30, Dad arrived half an hour later and we came back here.

TKD at 19.00 tonight as the boss is away for his birthday tomorrow, so one of his black belts is taking the lesson, combined junior advanced and seniors.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 Apr 2023, 17:07

So last night's training was a laugh, a lot more kids than seniors (well in the senior class there was only me, Nic Perry, and James) so they had a lot of exercise related games and stuff.

Same this weekend probably.

Not really done much today.

I originally woke up/got up just after 7, and Mum promptly sent me back to bed! I got up properly around 9.30, got dressed and had a protein shake and later, breakfast, and we eventually set off back to the Flat, via the PO, to have a bath and tidy the Flat up, obviously Mum was moaning about the place being like a tip, but that's not directly my fault, the new support lad's so engrossed in his phone he doesn't do any tidying etc! I wouldn't mind but I've raised it with Laura!

I watched The Bill, had a coffee, and then we came back here, normally I would've hung around at the Flat as I had a few bits to do on the PC which I can't do here as Dad ain't got a working Printer but Mum insisted we come back here.

I just watched the remainder of Tetris, and about 3 Fraggle Rock episodes on Apple TV, the 7 day trial of that expires tomorrow and I'm half tempted to keep it for classic Fraggle Rock episodes.

That Batman suit I ordered on magicwardrobes.com last week was dispatched this morning, should arrive either by the end of this week or the end of next week, they said 5 to 12 working days turnaround.

As long as it comes in time for the next con no problem, that's not till Doncaster on the 14th of May, and then there's Elsecar on the 21st.

I'm sure Dad will have Kittens when he sees the price tag though.

Been watching streaming services all day, currently WWE Wrestle Mania 39 night 2 from last night.

New phone coming tomorrow from Vodafone, a Nokia 105, which technically I've already got as I bought one from Argos last week, set up on EE PAYG, so I'll just unplug the SIM card and flog it on eBay.

Right, back to the wrestling.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 05 Apr 2023, 18:46

Today wasn't too bad, I'm sure the local Taxi firms are staffed by complete idiots who don't understand local accents though.

Like I rang City Taxis up on the landline to book 2 cabs to the Lyceum and back, the one going arrived no problem, coming back though, I rang up, on my mobile to confirm the booking on the landline, they said they had no record of the booking for the number! Tha what? I actually spoke to their colleague! I despair.

It'd be a lot simpler to use Uber, but A) I know not to use them after 5 PM due to the double fares B) I don't have the app on my temporary mobile till I get my own back from O2 next week.

The Taxi did eventually turn up, and we got back safely, but only after I got the new support girl to ring up because I'd got no signal.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 06 Apr 2023, 16:28

Not too bad today.

Got a lot of work done on the Batman and Robin final Premier Pro reel project, just got some more editing/voiceover work to do next week.

This afternoon when I got back to the Flat to print some Cinema tickets for tomorrow, I'd got an email from work, they're giving us 50p an hour increase on the hourly rate, not much good though when for reasons beyond my control I almost never work! If they'd told me last year that this job was dependant on demand from the CQC I probably would've turned it down, only reason I didn't was because of my age/disability issues and the fact I can't work full time I'd struggle to get another job! In actual fact I've just sent an email to someone from Vodafone who was advertising for the Meadowhall Store, but even then I had to tell her I could only work short hours due to personal circumstances so it'll probably be a hard no.

I wouldn't mind but direct disability discrimination's supposed to be ILLEGAL under the Equality Act!

If the situation doesn't get any better I think I'm going to have to resign from my current job, I know Dad wants me to anyway, he doesn't think I should work at all, falsehood! I haven't spent the last nearly 28 years working for 80% of the Charities in Sheffield, and other work inbetween, to get a 2 page CV of experience to not work because HE doesn't want me to! More to the point, I am NOT proving the Internet right that I'm a "workshy slave to the benefit system" and all that crap!

Hopefully my birthday will go off with no hitches.