The world of well, me basically!

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 08 Feb 2023, 18:32

So I arranged with Amazon to send the Eagle costume back, originally to go to the PO up at Brook Hill, I tried to book a Taxi after lunch, the support guy objected as he thought it was only "up the road", no it's not, it's quite a LONG walk up a Hill, near the NHS Walk in Centre in Town, too far for me to walk! Fortunately, he showed me how to arrange for Royal Mail to collect it from the Flat on Friday, all day call though, 00.00 to 23.59, which annoyingly means I'm to stay in all day but it's better that than faff about with Evri.

Had a message from Mr S with good news, they have the new club Doboks in stock, bit expensive at £50 but fortunately I have the money to take to class in a bit.

There's also a few other bits in stock that I want, but I have no cash till I get paid from work, possibly on the 23rd, and I've got most of that earmarked for Taxi fares on the 12th of March to Magna and back, and that probably won't be cheap.

Still no PIN for the card either, even though I ordered it from the Bank circa the end of last week! As far as I know Royal Mail aren't on strike till after Valentine's Day so what's the hold up?

Also, rumour has it the Trains are on strike after Valentine's as well, however I'm hoping we'll still get to Chesterfield on the 19th.

What gets me though, is that despite the fact it's largely the government's fault the Posties and the Trains are striking in the first place, so why don't they step in and sort it out?

With luck, all will be well and I'll get to comic con on the 19th.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 10 Feb 2023, 12:08

So I contacted National Rail yesterday afternoon, they confirmed that there are NO strikes next weekend so Batman is going to Chesterfield comic con next Sunday.

Even better, this morning I've actually completed a Unity tutorial to make a 2D platform microgame, and it's all worked perfectly! On to the next microgame projects, FPS, Lego and Karting games.

Royal Mail bloke picked up the Eagle costume to be returned to Amazon, about 40 minutes ago.

I'm just awaiting a delivery from Amazon of Hogwarts Legacy on Xbox, according to the tracking it's coming between 12.15 and 14.15.

The new PIN for the Bank card arrived yesterday, we're going down to the Bank this afternoon to sort that.

So overall, a good day so far, might buy myself a Lottery ticket for tonight, I think it's a big Jackpot.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 10 Feb 2023, 17:48

So I got an alert from Amazon about an hour ago, they''ve received the Eagle costume back and have given me the £43 back, which should be back on my main card by next week.

We've been to the Bank this lunch time and the PIN's finally sorted and I can use my card.

I've been playing Hogwart's Legacy all afternoon, pretty cool so far.

And I've finally had the email I've been awaiting all week from a contact at work, she's going to email the new consent form by the middle of next week.

So all in all, a good day! I'm feeling lucky so I might just pop across to Tesco and put a Lottery on.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 11 Feb 2023, 08:18

Well, you know I said I felt lucky last night and decided to put a Lottery on? I did and I've won £2.60! Could've done with a few more 0s on the end but I've won summat!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 15 Feb 2023, 11:03

Pretty good week so far, I've finally mastered Yul Gok and the 2 step sparring at TKD, I think I should be good for the March grading but of course it's not up to me, it's up to Mr S and his boss, Mr Walton.

Also I've managed to complete 2 Unity projects, and I was almost done on a third when I accidentally had a disaster and deleted Unity from my PC! Fortunately my Brother's coming up tomorrow and he might help me put it back.

Busy day yesterday, 3 deliveries, my new phone, an envelope to send the old one back to trade in, and my new Batman 2022 leather cape, which looks fab! I'll post comic con pics on Sunday when I get back.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 15 Feb 2023, 17:04

So we walked up to Upperthorpe PO and back to send off the old phone, on the way back I had a slight er, problem (well I would eat a rather large bowl of chocolate cereal this morning! And consequently end up with the runs!)

Just got back from TKD earlier, and had a coffee.

I'll watch Corrie and then hit the sack.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Feb 2023, 20:51

2 good days yesterday and today, I finally managed to get Steam to work on Linux, and even better the Cassette Beasts Fusion demo, when I get paid from work next week I might see about buying some cheap Steam games.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Feb 2023, 16:23

Pretty good day today.

Checked emails this morning, and I've won £3 on Thunderball! Been playing Rise of the Fox Hero on Xbox and got a ton of achievements on the first couple of levels (despite dying a lot, fortunately there's an achievement for that!)

I've also sorted everything out to attend comic con in Chesterfield tomorrow, Train tickets, both my cameras, a set of batteries, 2 32 Gig SD cards, fully charged phone, my disabled railcard, and made sure there's enough money on my ready cash card for Taxis and food and drink at the venue.

All I need is some actual paper based cash, I've got about a fiver in change in my wallet which will hopefully cover the price of a coffee before the Train tomorrow morning.

I've had a word with the support lad about meeting me at the front entrance of the Train station, preferably at the Taxi rank, so I'm assuming that's sorted (I messaged Laura to make sure she passes it on)

No TKD tomorrow night but I doubt it'll be an issue, Mr S is on holiday anyway, and even if he was around I still wouldn't be going seeing as tomorrow's session's at 19.00 due to half term, and we wouldn't get back till after 17.00, too rushy for tea and that.

Can't do everything, I'm Batman not Superman lol.

I might post pics in the cosplay section tomorrow night.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 19 Feb 2023, 21:00

Today was pretty good, a few minor hiccoughs, such as a new support guy with the attention span of a treacle tart attending his first out of Town comic con! Don't get me wrong he's a nice lad but he's only just turned 19, and kept wandering off on my watch!

Also, I ended up spilling most of a can of diet coke in my bag, which I thought knackered one of my new cameras, fortunately it hasn't as I took the batteries and SD card out to put them in the other one.

Took a ton of photos and videos on both cameras and my phone, which I'll upload this week to Google Photos.

I would've entered the cosplay masquerade in the over 14 section, in fact I did, but by the time they called my name I'd got a Taxi booked for 15.30 and had to leave, I doubt I'd have won the prize anyway.

Next comic con's in 3 weeks at Magna on the 12th of March, next one after that's Elsecar in May, not going to Manchester in April as the Train fare would be too expensive and it'd take too long to get there and back.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Feb 2023, 21:15

So glad to hear that you had a great time.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 20 Feb 2023, 07:49

Ojisama wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 21:15
So glad to hear that you had a great time.

You'd have enjoyed it, there was a few swords and stuff for sale, expensive though.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Feb 2023, 17:45

Good week so far.

Managed to do some more work on the Lego project on Monday in Unity, on Tuesday I had a 2 hour MS Teams meeting for work that was pretty good, although I did get pulled up for various stuff I said in the chat today, most of it was well received just not stuff that was personal to Choice Support (work)

Just got back from seeing Jersey Boys at the Lyceum, great show as usual.

TKD in a bit, still going even though I'm a bit tired, I want Mr S to put me through for the March blue belt grading.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Feb 2023, 16:04

Great day today.

Lots of green and blue screen filming done on the Batman and Robin project, editing to do on that next week.

Psychology MS Teams meeting earlier, good chat about stuff as I've had 2 rather good weeks for a change apart from a minor annoyance on Sunday that the new guy kept disappearing at comic con, I've raised that with Laura and I'm sure she'll have a word.

I've just booked his first Cinema trip on Saturday to see the new Puss in Boots at the Odeon in Town.

I would've booked it for tomorrow with Kieran but I have a Hospital appointment at 15.30 and I don't want to be clock watching to get back in time for Mum and Dad.

I might do some Unity work in a bit, got another project to complete and upload.

I've also asked Mum to do some sewing if she can, the new Batman suit has holds in the left and right little fingers.

We're also taking the new TKD Dobok to "A Good Fit" on Crookes tomorrow either to or from the Hospital to get it altered, not had chance to take it yet and it wants doing urgently.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Feb 2023, 20:57

I was up at 6.59 for a wee, got dressed and came down, we set off straight to the Flat, I had a Protein shake and later, breakfast and a coffee, Kieran arrived between 8.30 and 9 as I was watching The Bill.

I did some PC work including checking emails, and then tried to ring work to find out about the meeting on the 7th of March, a guy at work says the CQC will be in touch with the link at some point, I just know that this is arguably the most annoying aspect of this job, that most of the contacts have the communication skills of a Sheep and don't respond to emails or phone calls.

15 point achievement on Hogwarts Legacy, also downloaded a ton of Game Pass and other games.

More points to come between now and the end of next Tuesday, I'm already winning on nearly 5000 points.

Hospital this afternoon, had to book Taxis both ways due to Dad's car going in for repairs, trouble is I know from old that getting a Taxi from most firms after 15.30's a pain due to the school runs.

Just a few technical problems with doing Unity projects at the moment, such as having almost no hard drive space left in Ubuntu, I've emailed my Brother, and I'll have a look on Amazon for a cheap 1 TB or above external drive.

Other than that, not a bad day really.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 25 Feb 2023, 21:34

Been to see the new Puss in Boots at the Odeon this morning, no major problems other than the fact that as we were walking to the Odeon the battery died in my hearing aid! Normally in that instance I'd turn round and go home but I wanted to see the film, I knew I could SEE it, just not HEAR it so we'll go again with a working hearing aid at some point, possibly next week.