What your plans for today

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Jan 2023, 15:48

Well my original plan, which I sort of achieved, was to pop to Town, get a spot of lunch, and a coffee, and window shop in CEX (didn't manage that bit), I got a call and then a text from Virgin Money that a fraudulent transaction on my ready cash card for £35 had been stopped/refunded, some company called Justanswers.com, I know I paid them a quid for something yesterday, and they've tried to charge me £35 today about 3 and half hours ago, fortunately the Bank's spotted and blocked it.

Isn't this level of fraud HIGHLY illegal though?! I know nobody reads the terms and conditions on most things, but surely there's way to stop this kind of thing?!
Last edited by Rich-Allen1976 on 22 Jan 2023, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by TheRedWarrior » 22 Jan 2023, 18:34

My day is over. I am finishing the moving out process this week.

:smoke::smoke:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RedW ... ist-693622

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 22 Jan 2023, 18:54

gonna do some arting, watch the puppy, and try to help around the house

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 22 Jan 2023, 19:53

Visit #1 son, and then have our version of Chinese New Year.

Tomorrow (Monday) I have Sword training in the evening, and I need to start organising the plans for our garden maintenance this year.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Jan 2023, 15:10

Very successful Hospital appointment this morning re the possibility of a Cochlear implant op, considerably moreso than I was expecting.

And there's a possibility of not having to go down to Birmingham for the Op, just down to Nottingham, or possibly a trip over the Pennines to Manchester (Notts would be nearer, and cheaper in Train fares)
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 23 Jan 2023, 18:34

Sword training cancelled, so more time to watch anime.

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 24 Jan 2023, 00:21

I went shopping for relatives.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Jan 2023, 11:40

I have no money, even though I got paid from work yesterday, otherwise I'd pop to Town this afternoon... Also, due to a freezing cold Flat, which I reported this morning, I've got to wait in all day for a Plumber/Joiner to repair the Boiler, however it's not that long (a fortnight last Friday ago) since they originally repaired it and now it wants doing again! The Flat's like an Igloo, there's no hot water, yet I guarantee the Housing won't do anything till probably next week.

So I've spoken to the Housing again re the Boiler, they're not now coming till tomorrow so rather than stay in a freezing cold Flat all day, I've come back to Mum and Dad's! I wouldn't mind but I knew this'd happen when I rang up first thing this morning, I told them I was around till 17.30 today as I've no money/debit card so I couldn't go out, I rang up again at lunch time to see if they were coming, they said it would now be between 8 and blah di blah tomorrow and I was literally like WTF?!

I wouldn't mind but it's only about 2 and half weeks since they originally repaired the damn thing! Housing my arse! You'd get more sense talking to next door's dog than that lot!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 25 Jan 2023, 09:38

Waiting till 10 PM tonight in a Flat that's like a feckin' Igloo for the repair bloke! I've registered a formal complaint with SYHA however I know for a fact they won't do anything.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 25 Jan 2023, 15:33

Lots of housework.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Jan 2023, 19:38

My original plan was to pop to Argos at Meadowhall and get a new big button phone for the Flat, I did sort of achieve that but not at Meadowhall, we ended up at Crystal Peaks because we just missed the Meadowhall bound Tram and there was a Halfway bound one in 2 minutes later! Turns out I've got to take the phone back, Dad's got a cob on about me spending money, and even without that, I'm due to have a Cochlear implant op possibly imminently, and possibly wouldn't be able to hear ANY phone for a bit post op.

I wouldn't mind but if the family had told me that last night, I wouldn't have had an agenda to go to Argos to get one in the flippin' first place! Oh well, at least I tried that new Batman mask on last night and it actually fits me, I thought it'd shrunk in the wash lol.

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by TheRedWarrior » 28 Jan 2023, 20:31

My day is finished. I have completely moved out from home and now living in a new apartment room.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Jan 2023, 08:37

Not sure what we're doing today, might pop to Argos in Town to return the phone from yesterday.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 29 Jan 2023, 19:29

TheRedWarrior wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 20:31
My day is finished. I have completely moved out from home and now living in a new apartment room.

So when is the house warming party?

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by TheRedWarrior » 29 Jan 2023, 19:43

Ojisama wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 19:29
TheRedWarrior wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 20:31

So when is the house warming party?

Haha. Unfortunately I live in a community living thing so no house parties but we can meet up for drinks.