Elsecar comic con (Not AL related) 21.5.23

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Jan 2023, 19:41

Above.

We went last May as I wanted to meet the gorgeous Sophie Aldred (Assistant with Sylvester McCoy in classic Doctor Who) and it's not far from Sheffield, however the venue wasn't where I thought it was, and the rather long walk from the Train Station killed me hearing aid due to intense sweating.

Would there be a Bus available to get there from the Station? I am aware of Google and Travelsouthyorkshire.com.

I also considered the Taxi option but I've been going to cons on Sundays for nearly 10 years and getting a Taxi on a Sunday in most Towns is a nightmare.

Last edited by Rich-Allen1976 on 17 Jan 2023, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 17 Jan 2023, 20:40

As far as I can tell, the Heritage Centre is connected to the station by Route 66, which runs every 30 minutes on a Sunday. Also called the Elsecar Circular, but it would be worth checking with the Authority a little closer to the time.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 20 Jan 2023, 11:55

Ojisama wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 20:40
As far as I can tell, the Heritage Centre is connected to the station by Route 66, which runs every 30 minutes on a Sunday. Also called the Elsecar Circular, but it would be worth checking with the Authority a little closer to the time.

Yeah I Googled it yesterday, every 20 minutes from Barnsley Interchange.

There's a Train stop at Elsecar itself but it might be better to go to Barnsley and get the Bus from there.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)