Do NOT buy from Game.co.uk!

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 05 Dec 2022, 16:00

Above.

Their customer service sucks, I ordered Evil West on Xbox last Thursday, and bloody Evri ain't even scanned it for delivery yet, 4 days later! If I'd ordered the game on Amazon, it would've been considerably cheaper and I'd probably be playing it now.

Anyone else had this issue?

Also, given that the last 3 Xbox games I've bought from them have had to be sent back for not working, I don't hold much hope for this one.

Grr, I officially give up! Website now has internal server errors! I know the world and his dog are buying games for the kids and themselves, but there's a myriad of considerably cheaper and more reliable websites that do not use the total fail that is Evri for deliveries.

I'm now trying to contact what they jokingly call "help" on Twitter, no response so far even though they're allegedly open till 20.00.

Eh?!

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Dec 2022, 17:58

Assuming you know who delivers it (Royal Mail etc) are you sure it is a supplier issue and not a delivery issue? Unless it is Amazon because they seem quite reliable I'm going to be quite careful ordering online for this reason. I can't speak entirely on the Game.co.uk site because I usually go in store to buy from them. Generally I find that the best way and encourage it, if you can of course.

As for the website and the server errors, like you said, this will probably be a demand issue because I'd imagine a lot of people will be ordering from the store and I think that is a lack of planning on their part since you would expect more online shopping traffic round about this time so yeah that sucks :/ Can I ask if you are in a position to head to a store in future or could you have got it from the microsoft store? I have the microsoft xbox store on my laptop but it only shows available PC compatible games so Im not sure :/

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 06 Dec 2022, 19:05

LilMissCrazy wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 17:58
Assuming you know who delivers it (Royal Mail etc) are you sure it is a supplier issue and not a delivery issue? Unless it is Amazon because they seem quite reliable I'm going to be quite careful ordering online for this reason. I can't speak entirely on the Game.co.uk site because I usually go in store to buy from them. Generally I find that the best way and encourage it, if you can of course.

As for the website and the server errors, like you said, this will probably be a demand issue because I'd imagine a lot of people will be ordering from the store and I think that is a lack of planning on their part since you would expect more online shopping traffic round about this time so yeah that sucks :/ Can I ask if you are in a position to head to a store in future or could you have got it from the microsoft store? I have the microsoft xbox store on my laptop but it only shows available PC compatible games so Im not sure :/

They use Evri, fka Hermes for deliveries, who are a nightmare at the best of times.

I had a delivery from them from Duracell Direct last week, I knew I wouldn't be in so I redirected the parcel to one of the neighbours, did Evri take it there? Nope, fortunately I was in last Friday morning around 11.30, so they delivered the package.

More to the point, I now know not to buy from Game as the last 3 games I've bought from them have been faulty and had to be sent back despite installing/downloading several patches/updates for each game.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Dec 2022, 19:21

Yeah, not a fan of Evri :/ I personally usually find delivery time kinda standard but the actual customer service and how they handle deliveries is disgusting. Im guessing by faulty you mean like gameplay wise it doesnt look right? Or do you mean physical damage. Hope you still got to keep the game in the end, sounds like a lot of hassle to just return it :(

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 06 Dec 2022, 19:39

LilMissCrazy wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 19:21
Yeah, not a fan of Evri :/ I personally usually find delivery time kinda standard but the actual customer service and how they handle deliveries is disgusting. Im guessing by faulty you mean like gameplay wise it doesnt look right? Or do you mean physical damage. Hope you still got to keep the game in the end, sounds like a lot of hassle to just return it :(

The last 3 games I bought from them wouldn't load beyond the loading screens.

Including Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo, DC League of Super Pets and Mansion Mayhem, I bought Evil West last week, as I had £7.48 burning a hole in my Reward card so I used it.

It was allegedly dispatched last Friday night, from the Warehouse in Basingstoke, but Evri haven't even scanned it for delivery yet! Eh?

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 07 Dec 2022, 11:55

I'm currently waiting for one of the customer service drones on the Game website to talk to me about the issue, second attempt, nobody's available! I sympathise that it's like, 2 and half weeks to Christmas and they're busy but come on.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 07 Dec 2022, 13:05

So it appears Gayme (deliberate typo, yeh) won't do anything until the game arrives, which probably won't be till circa the end of next week, 10 working days from last Friday.

Next time I buy games directly on Amazon, in most cases, they're considerably cheaper, and free delivery which actually works.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 07 Dec 2022, 13:34

richardallen1976 wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 13:05
Next time I buy games directly on Amazon, in most cases, they're considerably cheaper, and free delivery which actually works.

Which begs the question, why didn't you do that in the first place?
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 07 Dec 2022, 13:40

Ojisama wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 13:34
richardallen1976 wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 13:05

Which begs the question, why didn't you do that in the first place?

Normally I would've done, but I had £7.48 burning a hole in my Reward card.

In fact I still might buy Evil West on Amazon, and if the Game copy comes by the middle of next week, I'll just flog it on eBay or take it to CEX.

There's a couple of other bits I want as well.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 08 Dec 2022, 16:46

So I've just come off live chat with one of their customer service drones, who didn't take kindly to the D word, it could take up to 10 working days for the game to arrive, if they were using Royal Mail, who are currently on strike, I could understand it, but they use a private courier, eh?!

TheRedWarrior
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by TheRedWarrior » 08 Dec 2022, 22:09

richardallen1976 wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 16:46
So I've just come off live chat with one of their customer service drones, who didn't take kindly to the D word, it could take up to 10 working days for the game to arrive, if they were using Royal Mail, who are currently on strike, I could understand it, but they use a private courier, eh?!

What about a picking up the game from a store?

:smoke::smoke:

https://www.anime-planet.com/users/RedW ... ist-693622

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 12 Dec 2022, 20:31

Turns out the game arrived yesterday lunch time, I've now got to go through the faffery of sending it back, normally I'd just chuck it on eBay or take it to CEX, but they're offering £29 cash for it, even sealed.

Plus Royal Fail are on strike most of this week anyway so sending it back's gonna be a pain.