GraceMellody's Sparkling Orange Cult

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 01 Nov 2022, 18:50

It’s just nonstop bad news. I lost my cat, my basically-an-uncle has gone on palliative care, and now I’m on an urgent referral for a cyst that they “aren’t confident” is benign that I’ll probably need surgery to remove

I really hope this spree of bad news will go away soon
And I certainly really hope this pain will go away soon
I’ve had benign cysts more times than I can count but they’ve never hurt and this is legitimately worse than freaking labour

I just want everything to be relatively okay again this is too much bad stuff all at once and I’m losing my mind
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

belsammael
Veteran Member
Netherlands

Achievements

Post by belsammael » 06 Nov 2022, 09:45

Oh damn Grace, sorry to hear all that... that's a lot of bad news indeed.
Hope you're doing okay and that that was the last of it, with better things on their way soon.
No one ever listens to Zathras.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 04 Dec 2022, 08:10

belsammael wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 09:45
Oh damn Grace, sorry to hear all that... that's a lot of bad news indeed.
Hope you're doing okay and that that was the last of it, with better things on their way soon.
Seems to be, luckily. Although it was really difficult with my uncle as he had the 1-2 days left diagnosis for just under 3 weeks

It was sweet though. A few days before he passed on the last time we saw him responsive he held Forrest’s hand and made me promise to look after my dad. Always caring about others even in his last days

The wake was really strange because, I know I did as a kid but I don’t remember ever going to a funeral/wake of someone who knew they were dying. I’ve only ever been to more sudden ones where obviously everyone is distraught. This one was strange because while yes there were tears, there was no negative energy. Everyone was just kinda relieved he’d finally let go and wasn’t in pain anymore (because I won’t go into details, but he wasn’t ok)
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 04 Dec 2022, 08:14

In more positive news, I finally got a rheumatology appointment (I was referred a year ago!) and my GP is referring me for an official autism diagnosis. So that’s neat

And I did my first outdoor market yesterday! It worked really well because there was a gin stall next to me that all the parents stopped at them taste, and then the kids saw my Pokémon stickers and came running over :haha:
I definitely need to invest in warmer clothes, but I’ve always loved attending artisan markets so it was nice to be able to have a stall at one! Felt really nice being under a little gazebo lol. But I’ll very glad todays event is indoors
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 04 Dec 2022, 19:11

TAKEAWAY NIGHT!!!! Well earned after two events in two days XD
@MelodiqueArt

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 06 Dec 2022, 23:58

GraceMellody wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 08:14
In more positive news, I finally got a rheumatology appointment (I was referred a year ago!) and my GP is referring me for an official autism diagnosis. So that’s neat

And I did my first outdoor market yesterday! It worked really well because there was a gin stall next to me that all the parents stopped at them taste, and then the kids saw my Pokémon stickers and came running over :haha:
I definitely need to invest in warmer clothes, but I’ve always loved attending artisan markets so it was nice to be able to have a stall at one! Felt really nice being under a little gazebo lol. But I’ll very glad todays event is indoors

Outdoors at this time of year is certainly no fun. I always feel great empathy for the stall holders and their sheer tenacity. Many, many years ago, I used to work on a fruit stall. Wasps all summer. Frozen hands all winter.

I hope it all went OK for you.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 07 Dec 2022, 07:46

Ojisama wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 23:58
GraceMellody wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 08:14

Outdoors at this time of year is certainly no fun. I always feel great empathy for the stall holders and their sheer tenacity. Many, many years ago, I used to work on a fruit stall. Wasps all summer. Frozen hands all winter.

I hope it all went OK for you.
It did thank you! I honestly can’t wait to do more next year
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 07 Dec 2022, 07:49

Yesterday I had an appointment that’s a 40 min drive either way.. they cancelled it as we were parking up :lol: oh well lol

We also did a big clean in the kitchen and half of the dining room, so today I’m gonna get my drawers in my office organised as with preparing for two events last week I currently have materials strewn everywhere :lol:
@MelodiqueArt

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 07 Dec 2022, 14:51

How dud your events go?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 08 Dec 2022, 08:17

PharaohAtem wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 14:51
How dud your events go?
really well! Didn’t get to reap the rewards too much as we had bills going out but at least I didn’t have to borrow money :haha:

Ellis has just swapped to monthly pay so we’ve been on a strict budget this month. But luckily I get my pay on the 12th so I can pop money away for all the house bills, pay a deposit for a con and buy a bit of meat and baby milk (we stocked up on pasta and veg!) and then he gets his first full pay on the 21st. Luckily the council pay early before Xmas!
@MelodiqueArt

Akane Mayu
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Akane Mayu » 08 Dec 2022, 09:15

-lurks-

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Dec 2022, 02:21

GraceMellody wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 08:17
PharaohAtem wrote:
How dud your events go?
really well! Didn’t get to reap the rewards too much as we had bills going out but at least I didn’t have to borrow money :haha:

Ellis has just swapped to monthly pay so we’ve been on a strict budget this month. But luckily I get my pay on the 12th so I can pop money away for all the house bills, pay a deposit for a con and buy a bit of meat and baby milk (we stocked up on pasta and veg!) and then he gets his first full pay on the 21st. Luckily the council pay early before Xmas!

Glad it went well, saw pictures on Facebook I really like your stickers. I was saving all my overtime to play medical bills. I did by something for myself though. At least all my Christmas shopping is done, just waiting for a few things. Where did the Las 2 months go?

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Dec 2022, 07:41

Akane Mayu wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 09:15
-lurks-
hi friend!!!! how have you been?
PharaohAtem wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 02:21
GraceMellody wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 08:17
PharaohAtem wrote:
How dud your events go?

Glad it went well, saw pictures on Facebook I really like your stickers. I was saving all my overtime to play medical bills. I did by something for myself though. At least all my Christmas shopping is done, just waiting for a few things. Where did the Las 2 months go?
Thank you that's so sweet! And yeah it's insane how fast time has been going. Well for me, all of 2022 has gone fast. I suppose the year of finding your first house as a family, getting engaged and having a baby will always fly XD
@MelodiqueArt

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Dec 2022, 17:10

My sister's still looking fir a house. So far my neise is doing good so cute here's some pictures. She's now almost 16 months. There so cute when there small.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Dec 2022, 18:49

What a cutie!! I cant wait to get photos like that with Forrest

We have his first baby class tomorrow and they have festive professional photography, I was heartbroken this morning because we got alerted that the photographer was sick so I was really upset because I’ve been looking forward to having these photos, and it’s too short notice to book anywhere else for an affordable price. But luckily we got another text a few hours later that they’ve found someone else to do it!

I’m really excited for the session it’s his first one so I don’t know what to expect but I think it’ll be good for him and good bonding for me and Ellis (who’s off work all weekend woohoo!)

And mums offered to have Forrest overnight so we can have our first proper date night living together which is super exciting! Can’t wait to stay up late with food and games
@MelodiqueArt