Has anyone ever cosplayed as characters from Battle of the Planets? (Gatchaman in Japan)

Whether you're a writer, cosplayer, crafter, traditional/digital artist or photographer - anything creative is welcome!

Moderators: lolin, PharaohAtem, Sirena

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Has anyone ever cosplayed as characters from Battle of the Planets? (Gatchaman in Japan)

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 06 Oct 2022, 13:48

Above.

About 2 years ago I saw a video on YouTube of some young woman dressed as Jun (Princess in the Western versions, voiced by Janet Waldo, aka Velma in the original Scooby Doo cartoon)

As I recall, the leader, Mark, was voiced by the late Casey Kasem, who also did Shaggy in the original Scooby Doo cartoon.

Do you guys even remember what I'm on about? It was a popular series way back in the late 70s/early 80s.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 06 Oct 2022, 14:38

Yes, I can say that I remember Battle of the Planets.

Can't say that I've seen any Cosplays of it though.

To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 06 Oct 2022, 16:46

2 years ago I commented on this.

Nice costume, the dress is a bit short but never mind.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)