Is it just me or is Uber a complete waste of time?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 27 Sep 2022, 18:57

Above.

I've just had the conversation from hell on their Twitter account, they want me to send a pic of the last 4 digits of my Bank card to verify my account, I said "no", they told me to send it ASAP, you what?!  This stems from when I Tweeted them last night regarding how they blocked both my Bank cards when I tried to book an Uber on Sunday morning to go to comic con at Magna.

Why do people still use these clowns?!

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 27 Sep 2022, 22:30

I take the bus. I would walk if things were closer.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Sep 2022, 09:33

They've been bugging me since last night to send a pic of the last 4 digits of my Bank card, Dad says "no way", I've told them no, but they're insisting, is there anything legal I can do? They're spamming me on Twitter asking for details I cannot give them.

They've just DM'd me again on Twitter, FFS how many times can I say no, no and did I mention, no?! I will be seeking legal advice.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Sep 2022, 12:43

Uber has been spamming my inbox on Twitter all day with repeated requests for my card details, how many times can I say no?! A message came in 10 minutes ago, I've hit the roof, the support worker's been sent home, and Mum and Dad have gone out for the afternoon.

I hate my life.

I've blocked UberUKsupport on Twitter.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 28 Sep 2022, 19:46

I personally have never had payment issues with them but then again I barely use them. No use for me either since I live in quite remote area so Ubers can't reach here. In fact I dont think my entire town does Ubers, the closest ones from where I am would be Bradford. I would be careful seeking help on Twitter generally speaking, you get a lot of accounts faking who they say they are. Asking for card details seem especially dodgy... Surely that's unnecessary if they have details of your what would have been Uber booking? And trace it that way?

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Sep 2022, 20:44

LilMissCrazy wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 19:46
I personally have never had payment issues with them but then again I barely use them. No use for me either since I live in quite remote area so Ubers can't reach here. In fact I dont think my entire town does Ubers, the closest ones from where I am would be Bradford. I would be careful seeking help on Twitter generally speaking, you get a lot of accounts faking who they say they are. Asking for card details seem especially dodgy... Surely that's unnecessary if they have details of your what would have been Uber booking? And trace it that way?

I refused to give them any details, I might not be a Mastermind Champion but contrary to popular belief I'm not daft.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Sep 2022, 13:55

LilMissCrazy wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 19:46

I have a similar problem, I've lived in a Flat for just over 16 years that doesn't come up on Satnavs, so most Taxi drivers don't know where I live, especially the annoyingly useless Uber drivers.

Sad thing is, I can remember a time, which wasn't that many years ago, before Satnav tech was invented, and Taxi blokes actually knew their local areas and could get to almost anywhere.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 Oct 2022, 15:03

So I contacted the local Labour MP circa the end of last week, one of his minions contacted me this morning, about the Uber issue, I've copied and pasted all conversations on Twitter with Uber into the email and sent it.

I await their response.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Oct 2022, 11:59

George121 wrote:
17 Oct 2022, 11:31
It might just be you. Some people find Uber to be a helpful, convenient service.

If you read various posts on Twitter, their customer service appears to be total bobbins and that's being extremely kind.
Last edited by Ojisama on 17 Oct 2022, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove the concealed link in the quote.