Current rage on Twitter about Phil Schofield and Holly Willoughby "Queue jumping"

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Current rage on Twitter about Phil Schofield and Holly Willoughby "Queue jumping"

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Sep 2022, 18:05

Above.

Are these people (On Twitter) really that thick or is it their online persona? Phil Schofield is literally promoting a new TV show called "Beat The Queue", they did NOT actually queue jump at the Queen's funeral.

I'm half tempted to delete my Twitter account again and NOT go back this time.

Thoughts?

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 23 Sep 2022, 01:13

I think people are just trying to get their anger and grief out and they picked those people. Let's be honest there were there to do some filming and were on a schedule they won't be waiting hours to queue up to do a 5-minute segment. They basically got press passes.

I don't use twitter much anyway, I only look every now and then because of the AL twitter but even then I schedule tweets....when it wants to work :P

I honestly do find quite a few people thick lately and it is frustrating when we could all do better.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 23 Sep 2022, 11:09

LikkleMel wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 01:13
I think people are just trying to get their anger and grief out and they picked those people. Let's be honest there were there to do some filming and were on a schedule they won't be waiting hours to queue up to do a 5-minute segment. They basically got press passes.

I don't use twitter much anyway, I only look every now and then because of the AL twitter but even then I schedule tweets....when it wants to work :P

I honestly do find quite a few people thick lately and it is frustrating when we could all do better.

Ha ha. Speaking of thick people.

My son just showed me a video of a guy in America asking people random questions...

Q - Where is the Queen of England from?
A - Erm.

Q - What country is the Panama Canal in?
A - Europe?

Q - How many moons has the Earth got?
A - Two?

...and it went on and on.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Sep 2022, 12:07

Ojisama wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 11:09
LikkleMel wrote:

My son just showed me a video of a guy in America asking people random questions...

A - Erm.

A - Europe?

A - Two?

Having interacted online with various Americans over the years, I can confirm that most of them literally have Sawdust for brains.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 23 Sep 2022, 16:45

richardallen1976 wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 12:07
Ojisama wrote:
LikkleMel wrote:

A - Erm.

A - Europe?

A - Two?

Having interacted online with various Americans over the years, I can confirm that most of them literally have Sawdust for brains.

The AL Americans are good though, such a lovely and loyal bunch! ^_^ Just be careful with wording guys ^_^
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 23 Sep 2022, 18:49

LikkleMel wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 16:45
richardallen1976 wrote:
Ojisama wrote:

A - Erm.

A - Europe?

A - Two?

The AL Americans are good though, such a lovely and loyal bunch! ^_^ Just be careful with wording guys ^_^

I get what your saying, but the video was set in America. It could have been set anywhere.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Sep 2022, 19:11

LikkleMel wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 16:45
richardallen1976 wrote:
Ojisama wrote:

A - Erm.

A - Europe?

A - Two?

With respect, what I actually said was pretty tame, if I posted my real thoughts on the majority of Americans on the Interweb, I'd get banned for life.