Collecting manga

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ravendreamsx
Hot Pink Member
Hot Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Collecting manga

Post by Ravendreamsx » 12 Aug 2022, 14:11

Hi all, I want to start collecting manga. Particularly Fruit box to start with.

Just curious how everyone displays theirs.
I'm Haris and I like Highschool DND and stuff like Zombieland saga. Looking for more weeb friends dm me
I am currently watching Blue Seed and loving it.
Currently playing WoW Classic and Midnight Ghosthunter
ImageImage
Would love some recommendations on different anime in the supernatural category
I also like kpop and want to learn Korean if anyone has any recommendations 

[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Collecting manga

Post by Ojisama » 13 Aug 2022, 14:53

Like many things, my Manga are packed away in boxes as we reorganise and decorate. Eventually, I will have a small room dedicated to all my interests with my Japanese prints on the wall, my figures on shelves, and my manga on a bookcase.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Collecting manga

Post by Beex » 13 Aug 2022, 15:05

I sold all my physical manga a few years back.

Ironically, this week I made some in app wishlists of digital manga I plan to buy.

I'm using Google books and shonen jump apps.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

GFX by:Ioreth

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Collecting manga

Post by Ekkun » 15 Aug 2022, 20:57

I'va also sell back out many of my physical ones, to made space in my bookcase and selves ... but still reticent of digital purchases.
At least Physical ones, you can put them back in the 2nd hand market... but not with digitals.
... and what when the worst happen? and we past away? who will get access to our "Digitals accounts" everything digital will be like wasted money throughout to the garbage bin.
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Collecting manga

Post by Beex » 15 Aug 2022, 21:04

Well, you can just pay a small monthly fee for reading access to the whole library. With Shonen Jump at least. I still like to collect tho. I've always assumed my pixels die with me.

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Collecting manga

Post by Ekkun » 15 Aug 2022, 21:12

Beex wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 21:04
Well, you can just pay a small monthly fee for reading access to the whole library. With Shonen Jump at least. I still like to collect tho. I've always assumed my pixels die with me.
I still doing it with my CR premium, while they don't have the latest series, nor the most impact ones either ..., I can still getting acces to many of the chaps.
While I was triyin "Manga+" ... I din't have the time to follow all the series weekly, and end losing access to some Chaps... that's why i stope using it...
I believe if do you paid a monthly fee... you don't lose access to any chapter there isn’t right?
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Collecting manga

Post by Beex » 15 Aug 2022, 21:27

Ekkun wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 21:12
Beex wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 21:04
I still doing it with my CR premium, while they don't have the latest series, nor the most impact ones either ..., I can still getting acces to many of the chaps.
While I was triyin "Manga+" ... I din't have the time to follow all the series weekly, and end losing access to some Chaps... that's why i stope using it...
I believe if do you paid a monthly fee... you don't lose access to any chapter there isn’t right?

I have not used the app you named. I have only tried Shonen Jump free. The paid version says it gives you up to 100 chapters daily. But it's only like 2 dollars. I'm prolly gonna pay it and give it a go for a month at least.

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Collecting manga

Post by Ekkun » 16 Aug 2022, 01:36

sounds interesting, for just 2 bucks a month ...
Shonen Jump here in the UK, has barely 150 different tittles ( taking a part the many second and continuation like counting all "Jo Jo's Bizarre" a as a single, so with "Dragon Ball", etc ...)

I think "Manga+" has also some kind of subscription... but Can't find it now. :p
and they share quite a lot of titles too, like 30 or more

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Collecting manga

Post by Beex » 16 Aug 2022, 15:31

I just found out that there is a Viz Media app separate from the Shonen Jump app. The Viz app has all of the Viz library(including SJ). While Shonen Jump app only has the SJ library.

It's the same account/login for both apps. Same price. I have tested this.

-EDIT-

I just paid for this service and the Viz app does include the Viz library. But it seems only the SJ library is included in the service. The Viz stuff is just for preview and buying volumes.

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx