Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 18 May 2022, 01:29

Lol that's fine.

I think I must like eccentric things. not that coffee is eccentric. But I definitely like eccentric things. Apparently puerh tea is an "acquired taste" though I had no trouble acquiring it it seems.

I had a board games and beer night at a local brewery. It was fun and I had lots of good beer. Lots. I'm still tipsy. Maybe I shouldn't have driven home.

I knew 1 of 4 other people in this group. It struck me that they like a bit different type of game than I do. It was still fun, but they like the party/social games "what is this person thinking" kinda thing and it is made apparent to me that I like more hard rules games. I feel like that's weird because I'm a creative thinker too but that's who I am I suppose.
Damn I'm still tipsy. First beer I had was a hazy IPA that was 9%. A bit much but it was really good. Last beer I had was a prickly pear IPA. Not too bitter, a bit like a sour. Straight up delicious. And lots of beer in between.
The brewery was 12 bones brewery. I don't think they do any retail come to think of it, it's just a place that makes their own beer. And is also a bbq restaurant. They're successful enough to have stuck around a while though. They do have some good beer.

Yeah, I'm still tipsy.
Asheville NC banzai. Craft beer country banzai.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Ojisama » 19 May 2022, 23:32

Life always seems better with beer.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 23 May 2022, 11:18

My first time brewing Jamaica blue mountain coffee and using my digital scale...

Gross.

Can only go up from here I guess.

Also Naoki disappeared again and I miss her. My weekend was boring and lonely.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Teeny » 23 May 2022, 20:01

Momogari wrote:
23 May 2022, 11:18

Also Naoki disappeared again and I miss her. My weekend was boring and lonely.

This makes me sad.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by LikkleMel » 23 May 2022, 21:33

People disappear then reappear out of the blue
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 23 May 2022, 21:51

Especially Naoki. Not like it's new. But neither will I not miss her either.
We were playing genshin impact and she took a break and she never came back online and it's been a week now. She said there was internet issues earlier that day so I assume she has no internet right now.

Today was a Monday like any other. Actually it was crazier than most Mondays.

But. I didn't do something stupid like leaving my phone in the grocery store. Not doing something stupid like leaving your phone in the grocery is cause for celebration. So I opened a bottle of mead and I'm having it with my fried chicken. Honey goes with fried chicken, so mead certainly does too.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 24 May 2022, 11:18

My coffee today is a little better.
20:1. A bit weak. Next time 18:1
20s bloom. I think it helped
~4m first steep. Doofus forgot the timer.
Stir and them skim. Didn't get much from the skim. Maybe the bloom is to blame. Maybe take it easy on the stir too.
~13m second steep. This can be longer if I get more from the skim.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 24 May 2022, 23:24

Coffee is definitely a more expensive hobby than tea.

And more difficult than tea for sure. Like wtf.

I decided to buy the Hario Switch V60 Immersion Dripper 03. It's sold out right now so I'll have to wait a bit to get it, but it's ordered. Meanwhile I can work on my french press technique some more.

Ojisama wrote:
15 May 2022, 22:21
[youutube]hoffman[/youutube]
Hoffmann's channel is really useful. I hardly ever use youtube but now that I've seen a few of his videos I'm honestly considering using it more just for him.

Well, I probably won't. Youtube's ads suck. Fuck youtube.

But it is a good channel.

Work wasn't great today either. I feel like I'm slowly falling into the trap of having half the people in the company coming to me for help and never being able to get my own work done.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Ojisama » 24 May 2022, 23:31

Momogari wrote:
23 May 2022, 21:51
So I opened a bottle of mead and I'm having it with my fried chicken. Honey goes with fried chicken, so mead certainly does too.

Another Mead drinker. My son loves it, and now we look for it wherever we go. That reminds me...

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 24 May 2022, 23:48

I seem to like drinking lots of things. I already had a tea hobby and now I'm getting into coffee. And beer. My region has a huge craft beer industry too, 40+ breweries. I've always been certain that if you include seasonals, a dedicated person could have a different local beer here every day for a year. I get my mead from a guy who runs a little cafe and bottles shop and he's super dedicated to it. That's not hobby level yet but I do like going there and trying so many different types of mead. Last time I went there I tried this really funky experimental mead from africa that was 3-stage fermented with rainwater iirc, somehow both dry and sweet, somehow both crisp and thick, just an amalgam of contradictions. I loved it and apparently he's one of three people worldwide selling it right now but it was too expensive for me to buy a bottle and drink casually so I left it at a taste. I did take home a darker slavic mead and one even darker that is polish poltorak mead, basically the mead equivalent of a porter, very thick and sweet and rich, absolutely a dessert drink. I had the slavic mead the other night, I haven't opened my poltorak yet.

Naoki says I have a drinking problem but somehow I don't think she'd complain about me getting good at coffee.

Though with 4 different pasttimes of liquid culture, I suppose it is not inaccurate to say drinking is my hobby now.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 25 May 2022, 11:24

Apparently hunter x hunter is getting 4 new chapters. No promises after that, but still.

Cheadle my love, it's been too long.

Image Image

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 25 May 2022, 21:15

Already Wednesday.
I've had enough work this week.
I want to get back to product development, not project implementation. Actually fuck wanting it, that's where my company should be investing my time in. Back to back projects without continuous improvement is a big part of why we're so goddamn busy right now.

I think i should suggest to my boss to suggest to the ceo that dev should only be available for projects 4 days per week and budget one day per week minimum to do baseline improvements. We're stunting future capacity otherwise.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Ojisama » 25 May 2022, 22:01

Not so experimental as that. Mead is still not generally available here, and imported mead is virtually non existent in this area. Sake is even worse. I have to get it off the internet from a supplier in London.

We've had Ginger Mead and Chilli mead as well as traditional English. Got a bottle of Christmas Mead still to try.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 25 May 2022, 22:40

Oh yes. Like all roads leading to Rome, all trade routes lead to the US. UK not so much.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 26 May 2022, 11:21

My coffee is pretty good today.
17:1
Start a 4m timer
With that, 30s bloom and at ~2m stir
Start a 15m timer and skim it

I feel like I'm getting close to achieving suitable French press technique.
Honestly it's Blue Jamaica Mountain I feel that hasn't lived up to the hype. I should try some other beans. But I have plenty to use right now and it'll take a while to use it all.