With You Again [Teeny & Yusei]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 14 Jan 2022, 10:35

Happy late new year to you too, Yusei. :^_^:

Sorry you don't have a lot of free time when you're busy with work. Working sometimes really sounds like a living nightmare. :(

Were you able to find any promising job offers yet?

Have either of you had enough free time to watch any anime?

YuseiFudou97
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by YuseiFudou97 » 14 Jan 2022, 16:37

Emotive Syndrome wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 10:35
Happy late new year to you too, Yusei. :^_^:

Sorry you don't have a lot of free time when you're busy with work. Working sometimes really sounds like a living nightmare. Image

Were you able to find any promising job offers yet?

Always happy to see you around here! ^^

I haven't found a promising job offer yet, but I'm in contact with someone who could possibly help out. So hopefully that leads to something, but still looking elsewhere at the same time.
Emotive Syndrome wrote:
Naughty Kitty wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 14:09
And if you did which anime? :)

I'm gonna be honest with you both, I haven't watched Anime since early July last year.
I've been feeling pretty dry when it comes to it. The last one I watched was "Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san" with the whole fan service last few episodes.
I used to watch multiple shows throughout the week, I can't even find the time to watch any now :sweatdrop:

But what about you guys? What have you guys been watching or been up to as of late? :=D:
Good becomes great, this is why you were chosen
Because a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows, compassion

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 14 Jan 2022, 23:29

Likewise. :^_^: It's always fun to see you coming back when you're able to. :dance:

Hopefully that contact will pull through. One thing I've noticed is how people try to get a job, but don't put all their eggs in one basket. It's always seemed like a sound logic to me. :^_^: Hopefully you won't be spreading yourself too thin though if more than 2 want you as an employee. That sounds like it'd be a different kind of predicament.

Sorry to hear that you haven't had the time to though. :=/:

I've just been watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I'm planning on watching Wolf's Rain and the first dub series of yugioh since I got Dark Side of the Dimensions for Christmas. :dance: But I really would have to watch the whole series again before watching the movie because I've forgotten so much. Otherwise, just playing games as usual. :sweatdrop:
Naughty Kitty wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 17:27
Last one I watched was Akira (Not the first time I've seen it just felt like watching something amazing again). That was a few days ago. :)
Definitely an awesome movie! The first time I saw it I couldn't believe it was made in 1990. The effects and animation are both topnotch. One of the best anime movies I've ever seen. :^_^:

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 16 Jan 2022, 18:47

YuseiFudou97 wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 21:28
We over here also worked through Christmas, it's only new year that I really got to do something. I did also go on a trip with some friends, but it was one of the worst trips I have had.
So as for new year, my friend held a house party for a small group. Had lots of fun there, brought a Tasting Collection with me for us to drink. Which is basically a case filled with a bunch of vials of whiskey.

Also one of my friends brought a VR headset with him, so I got to try that. It was HELLA scary to do the climbing game they had on there. When you fall off the cliff, it sure feels like you're ACTUALLY falling... but Beat Saber was fun! Almost makes me want to buy a VR headset myself! :=D:

Work just seems to be getting worse and worse. It's mostly my colleagues that make the days bad. I'm currently looking for a new job, so hopefully I can find one soon!

Oh yeah, I've tried VR before, they can be terrifying! I did try beat saber once too, was kinda fun. ^^

Sorry to hear about your job, I've been there before with that and it is frustrating when people ruin it for you. Keep applying for new things you see and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you will find new work soon.

I've been in my new job for nearly 2months now, I'm enjoying it, actually not missing my old job at all.

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 16 Jan 2022, 18:50

YuseiFudou97 wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 21:28
We over here also worked through Christmas, it's only new year that I really got to do something. I did also go on a trip with some friends, but it was one of the worst trips I have had.
So as for new year, my friend held a house party for a small group. Had lots of fun there, brought a Tasting Collection with me for us to drink. Which is basically a case filled with a bunch of vials of whiskey.

Also one of my friends brought a VR headset with him, so I got to try that. It was HELLA scary to do the climbing game they had on there. When you fall off the cliff, it sure feels like you're ACTUALLY falling... but Beat Saber was fun! Almost makes me want to buy a VR headset myself! :=D:

Work just seems to be getting worse and worse. It's mostly my colleagues that make the days bad. I'm currently looking for a new job, so hopefully I can find one soon!

Oh yeah, I've tried VR before, they can be terrifying! I did try beat saber once too, was kinda fun. ^^

Sorry to hear about your job, I've been there before with that and it is frustrating when people ruin it for you. Keep applying for new things you see and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you will find new work soon.

I've been in my new job for nearly 2months now, I'm enjoying it, actually not missing my old job at all.

Emotive Syndrome wrote:

I watched a little bit over Christmas time, but other than that no not really.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 16 Jan 2022, 22:32

Do you both have enough time to relax when you get home or are you so tired you fall asleep when you try? Someone in my family kind of falls asleep after coming home from work a lot, so I've chalked it up to working long hour days, so I'm just curious. :sweatdrop:

YuseiFudou97
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by YuseiFudou97 » 17 Jan 2022, 07:01

Teeny wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 18:50

I am almost keen to buy a VR headset just for Beat Saber!
But to dish out 300+ for only one game seems a bit extreme I guess :XD:
Totally didn't do that with the PS5, but we don't talk about that...

Happy to hear you're enjoying your new job!
That's why I'm also just being positive and trying to find something! :=D:
Emotive Syndrome wrote:
Not as much time to watch either, or just not in the mood?
I really miss watching Anime, but I mostly miss a show that has ended (Daiya no Ace).
The manga is still on-going and there is plenty of material to cover, so I'm just kinda waiting for that.
I'd read, but I mostly spend most of my free time playing games :kawaii:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Jan 2022, 11:13

YuseiFudou97 wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 07:01
Teeny wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 18:50

I am almost keen to buy a VR headset just for Beat Saber!
But to dish out 300+ for only one game seems a bit extreme I guess :XD:
Totally didn't do that with the PS5, but we don't talk about that...

Happy to hear you're enjoying your new job!
That's why I'm also just being positive and trying to find something! :=D:
Emotive Syndrome wrote:
Not as much time to watch either, or just not in the mood?
I really miss watching Anime, but I mostly miss a show that has ended (Daiya no Ace).
The manga is still on-going and there is plenty of material to cover, so I'm just kinda waiting for that.
I'd read, but I mostly spend most of my free time playing games :kawaii:

I think the quotes got messed up because Teeny was the one that said that. I've actually started up Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I'm only 3 episodes in right now. I definitely like what I've seen so far though. Oh, but I did get the Yugioh movie Dark Side of the Dimensions, so I've been really wanting to watch all 5 seasons of the original series. :^_^: What games do you usually play in your free time?

YuseiFudou97
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by YuseiFudou97 » 17 Jan 2022, 16:45

Emotive Syndrome wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 11:13
I think the quotes got messed up because Teeny was the one that said that. I've actually started up Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I'm only 3 episodes in right now. I definitely like what I've seen so far though. Oh, but I did get the Yugioh movie Dark Side of the Dimensions, so I've been really wanting to watch all 5 seasons of the original series. :^_^: What games do you usually play in your free time?

The quotes probably got messed up because I wrote this essay right before leaving to work.
I have failed you! ;w;

Avatar sure takes me back to when I was a kid, hope you enjoy the ride! Image
Same thing with Yu-Gi-Oh! Once you're done with the original, be sure to start watching GX and the amazing 5D's after! :<3:
I always found the story of 5D's to be so good, it could've been retold without the card game being mentioned.
But maybe I am biased because the main character of the show is literally in my name and avatar :XD:

I actually thought about watching this Anime that got aired back in 2019, but can't find the name!
I saw a clip of it where the guy destroy a low level Slime with his sword and uses a skill called "Atomic blasts" something something...
I'm probably being very vague about it, but if you happen to know what the Anime is called, let me know!

As for GAMES!... where do I even begin?
For the most part, I've been playing Genshin Impact. Then there is Avengers, Fifa 22, Tekken 7, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links and a bit of Nioh 2.
Really wish I could get back into playing an MMORPG like FFXIV again, but with work I just have no time for it... ;w;

What about you? Have you been playing any games as of late?

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 17 Jan 2022, 21:45

YuseiFudou97 wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 16:45
For the most part, I've been playing Genshin Impact
who are your mains?
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Jan 2022, 03:23

lol It's ok. I wasn't sure who you were talking about though because I've got too much time on my hands if anything, so it seemed weird to be asking me that. :sweatdrop:

Thanks! I LOOOVE Aang's flying bison though. lol Some powerful sneeze, but omg that snot cracked me up. XD So gross! lthough I wish Sokka wasn't so suspicious of Aang at first. Sheesh. The guy basically just woke up from a century long sleep and he's getting the 3rd degree. &gt;_&lt;

I've seen some of GX, but I guess I forgot or missed the episodes covering Yubel and everything after her arrival. I loved GX's opening theme. lol Sometimes I'd turn up the volume just for it. xD It was awesome. I just wish they dubbed the entire 5d's series though because I've always preferred dubs. I've just always had access to them and I prefer the familiar for some reason. I just can't get used to original Japanese voice acting though, it's a completely different style than english voice actors. At 33 it'd probably be easier to acquire the taste for wine at this point, which for me would be really hard since I still make that "first time drinker" cringy face after tasting anything with alcohol in it. lol It even makes me laugh that I react that way. xD I know some of the story though through Duel Links' 5d's events that had to do with the story. It was really interesting, especially the Earthbound Immortals. I still don't know what the Signer and Dark Signer marks really were though... I mean, not in detail

I like Jack Atlas' ace monster though, Red Dragon Archfiend. The Resonator cards are really tricky too, but fun to use in a duel. Duel Links won't work on this computer anymore though. I wish it did, that's a fun game. It always gets stuck on the yellow loading circle though. &gt;_&lt; Yusei is definitely an interesting character though. I love an underdog. :^_^:

Unfortunately I'm not really up to date with current or even recent animes so I'm afraid I can't help you there. :( I could search for it if you remembered anything else about it though? :^_^:

Genshin Impact is one of those games I'll never be able to play but it sounds really fun. :^_^:

I've been playing Xenoverse 2 on my Switch but I keep going back to Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage on my PS3 because it's my main game to vent with. Plus all I need to get the Platinum Trophy is to finish Toki's Legend and Dream modes, and both of Raoh's modes. Then I'll aim for the DmC Devil May Cry Definitive Edition Platinum Trophy, but that'll be more difficult. Still, the only Platinum Trophy I have right now i from Budokai HD Collection on PS3. Right now I'm using Toki in Chapter 1 of his Legend Mode though to get Skill Points to fill out his Meridian Chart before trying to finish the rest of his Chapters. :^_^:

Do you still play Duel Links?

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 18 Jan 2022, 17:30

Ohhh Avatar :3 I used to be a huge fan back in the day, still am I suppose although haven't rewatched it for a long time. I think it was Avatar that made me try out anime, and well here we are xD
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 18 Jan 2022, 19:11

hiya

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Jan 2022, 22:31

Nice! Zuko reminds me of a headstrong, stubborn kind of guy that's difficult to reason with. lol

How long ago was it that you first saw the series?

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 20 Jan 2022, 07:48

Emotive Syndrome wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 22:31
Nice! Zuko reminds me of a headstrong, stubborn kind of guy that's difficult to reason with. lol

How long ago was it that you first saw the series?

At least 10 years ago, probably just over that.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・