"We should duel sometime." - Joey Wheeler (Emotive's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Ivory
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

"I want to remember her, and everything else." - Kohaku (Emotive's ALJ)

Post by Ivory » 16 Jan 2022, 23:07

Emotive Syndrome wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 22:23
That's a relief. lol It might sound strange, but when someone else has a difficult time remembering it eases my insecurities about my own memory not working. :sweatdrop:

It's awesome when someone else has the wolf as their favorite animal. :^_^: Werewolves though, they scare me on a primal level. I don't know what it is, but they're just incredibly horrifying. I still love werewolf movies though. lol The first one to scare the crap of me as a kid was An American Werewolf in Paris. I love that Stingray mix of "Mouth" by the band "Bush" too. I've loved it since that day too, along with some of Bush's other songs.

It really gets interesting when it picks up. They meet a lot of people along the way that are interesting, including another wolf pack. Although they're more dispirited than Kiba, Tsume, Hige and Toboe. But it's for a good reason, it's just surprising how serious it is and yet has its funny moments, like when Hige always seems like he's hungry. lol

Well, I was playing Xenoverse 2 for a while on my Switch, but there's been a mental decline, so, I'm playing my go to game to vent: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage. I'm just blaring my Korn playlist as I play too. It's a good fit to the gameplay. :sweatdrop:
It makes sense xD I know I feel better when I'm not the only one who forgets stuff. :P

It's funny, I can totally handle werewolves, vampires, ghosts etc but the one that actually freaks me out is zombies... >.<  I can't watch movies with them in it or play realistic looking games (most are these days though) because I get spooked too easily. xD

I'm not familiar with either of those games to be honest but they sounds interesting. o.o

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 16 Jan 2022, 23:19

Ivory wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 23:07
Emotive Syndrome wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 22:23
That's a relief. lol It might sound strange, but when someone else has a difficult time remembering it eases my insecurities about my own memory not working. :sweatdrop:

It's awesome when someone else has the wolf as their favorite animal. :^_^: Werewolves though, they scare me on a primal level. I don't know what it is, but they're just incredibly horrifying. I still love werewolf movies though. lol The first one to scare the crap of me as a kid was An American Werewolf in Paris. I love that Stingray mix of "Mouth" by the band "Bush" too. I've loved it since that day too, along with some of Bush's other songs.

It really gets interesting when it picks up. They meet a lot of people along the way that are interesting, including another wolf pack. Although they're more dispirited than Kiba, Tsume, Hige and Toboe. But it's for a good reason, it's just surprising how serious it is and yet has its funny moments, like when Hige always seems like he's hungry. lol

Well, I was playing Xenoverse 2 for a while on my Switch, but there's been a mental decline, so, I'm playing my go to game to vent: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage. I'm just blaring my Korn playlist as I play too. It's a good fit to the gameplay. :sweatdrop:
It makes sense xD I know I feel better when I'm not the only one who forgets stuff. :P

It's funny, I can totally handle werewolves, vampires, ghosts etc but the one that actually freaks me out is zombies... >.< I can't watch movies with them in it or play realistic looking games (most are these days though) because I get spooked too easily. xD

I'm not familiar with either of those games to be honest but they sounds interesting. o.o
lol Zombies also scare me away too easily. Like, back when the first Resident Evil on PS1 I tried to play it, but the opening movie scared me so much that I even thought it was supposed to be based on true events. xD Although I'm admittedly not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Some people will say otherwise, but I've got no illusions about how below average I am. Zombies though, some of the scariest creatures I've ever heard of. lol

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is on the Switch, but you can also play the Xenoverse 1 story in it if it's on the Switch, something which I think is awesome. XD Ken's Rage is for PS3 though. I've never got the platinum trophy for it yet, but I'm closer to being able to now. :^_^:

Ivory
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ivory » 16 Jan 2022, 23:34

Emotive Syndrome wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 23:19
lol Zombies also scare me away too easily. Like, back when the first Resident Evil on PS1 I tried to play it, but the opening movie scared me so much that I even thought it was supposed to be based on true events. xD Although I'm admittedly not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Some people will say otherwise, but I've got no illusions about how below average I am. Zombies though, some of the scariest creatures I've ever heard of. lol

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is on the Switch, but you can also play the Xenoverse 1 story in it if it's on the Switch, something which I think is awesome. XD Ken's Rage is for PS3 though. I've never got the platinum trophy for it yet, but I'm closer to being able to now. :^_^:

I think I've only seen one of the Resident Evil movies (might have been the animated or CGI one?) and it was in the movie theater sooo long time ago xD
Also there's nothing wrong with being average. :P Yes they are quite scary ;-;

I hope to get a Switch or Switch Lite at some point down the road but we'll see. Other things have to take priority first though. Adulting really sucks sometimes. haha

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 16 Jan 2022, 23:56

Ivory wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 23:34
Emotive Syndrome wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 23:19

I think I've only seen one of the Resident Evil movies (might have been the animated or CGI one?) and it was in the movie theater sooo long time ago xD
Also there's nothing wrong with being average. :P Yes they are quite scary ;-;

I hope to get a Switch or Switch Lite at some point down the road but we'll see. Other things have to take priority first though. Adulting really sucks sometimes. haha
I haven't seen a CGI Resident Evil movie, but I loved the Milla Jovovich movies. Everyone else hated how it didn't fall in line with the game, but it's a movie so why would it be exactly like the game? But hey, there's haters with almost everything. Well, if not everything. lol Too scary. But if the movie is awesome enough then I'll watch it. It's really odd, I've got a bigger problem playing zombie games than watching zombie movies. I never really understood why though. Also I'm terrible at shooting games. lol One time I played one called Black on the PS2, I kept holding down the trigger button until the bullets ran out. rofl Each time I had the controller, I never realized it's supposed to be fired in bursts, I just thought it was different since it was a game, plus my experience with firearms is basically non-existent. There's nothing wrong with being average though, just insecurities that possibly make me think my capabilities are less than they really are. Most likely anyway. The greatest enemy to someone is themselves, more often than not. :^_^:

I haven't managed to adult yet... I try, but I always switch to the same reactions that I had as an adolescent: loud music, slamming things... sometimes yelling way too loud... I'm surprised nobody's called the cops for a domestic disturbance from me yelling yet. I keep trying, but I -always- shrink back to those behaviors... it probably doesn't help that familiar things make me feel more comfortable, and there's been the idea that I might be in the spectrum of autism, just some kind of high-functioning level, but mom says it would make sense of my whole life. Honestly, I kind of want to have a reason as to why I've felt so different and never could be normal, but on the other hand there's so much wrong with me already that I don't know if it would necessarily be a good thing to have that diagnosis... And dad will be retiring really soon, so there won't be enough time to do anything about it even if I do have it. I mean, is being mature really just not something I have the tools to be? I keep falling back into the reactions and behaviors I had when I was growing up and angry, no matter how hard I try to be normal it's never something I've been able to be. ... Although mom and dad keep expecting me to act normal like everyone else. I don't think they realize how I'm just not normal.

If you ever do get a Switch let me know so we can exchange Friend Codes. :dance: I still can't join any multiplayer games or anything, but 0 Friends gets depressing to see when you login to a gaming account after a while. :sweatdrop:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Jan 2022, 00:30

I've switched to my Maynard James Keenan playlist though (A Perfect Circle, Puscifer, Tool) and it meshes really well, even using Raoh. :dance: :dance:

Ivory
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ivory » 17 Jan 2022, 00:32

Emotive Syndrome wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 23:56
I haven't seen a CGI Resident Evil movie, but I loved the Milla Jovovich movies. Everyone else hated how it didn't fall in line with the game, but it's a movie so why would it be exactly like the game? But hey, there's haters with almost everything. Well, if not everything. lol Too scary. But if the movie is awesome enough then I'll watch it. It's really odd, I've got a bigger problem playing zombie games than watching zombie movies. I never really understood why though. Also I'm terrible at shooting games. lol One time I played one called Black on the PS2, I kept holding down the trigger button until the bullets ran out. rofl Each time I had the controller, I never realized it's supposed to be fired in bursts, I just thought it was different since it was a game, plus my experience with firearms is basically non-existent. There's nothing wrong with being average though, just insecurities that possibly make me think my capabilities are less than they really are. Most likely anyway. The greatest enemy to someone is themselves, more often than not. :^_^:

I haven't managed to adult yet... I try, but I always switch to the same reactions that I had as an adolescent: loud music, slamming things... sometimes yelling way too loud... I'm surprised nobody's called the cops for a domestic disturbance from me yelling yet. I keep trying, but I -always- shrink back to those behaviors... it probably doesn't help that familiar things make me feel more comfortable, and there's been the idea that I might be in the spectrum of autism, just some kind of high-functioning level, but mom says it would make sense of my whole life. Honestly, I kind of want to have a reason as to why I've felt so different and never could be normal, but on the other hand there's so much wrong with me already that I don't know if it would necessarily be a good thing to have that diagnosis... And dad will be retiring really soon, so there won't be enough time to do anything about it even if I do have it. I mean, is being mature really just not something I have the tools to be? I keep falling back into the reactions and behaviors I had when I was growing up and angry, no matter how hard I try to be normal it's never something I've been able to be. ... Although mom and dad keep expecting me to act normal like everyone else. I don't think they realize how I'm just not normal.

If you ever do get a Switch let me know so we can exchange Friend Codes. :dance: I still can't join any multiplayer games or anything, but 0 Friends gets depressing to see when you login to a gaming account after a while. :sweatdrop:

I'm pretty sure that's just human nature hun. :3 Most people are more likely to seek something that's familiar rather than something that's new or unknown to them. Maybe you just need to do some research and see if there are any other tools out there that might help you such as meditation or exercise etc Though to be honest, I think you're fine just the way you are. :3

I will be sure and let you know if I do get a Switch ^-^ I honestly wish I could find my 3DS but it's lost somewhere in the house, most likely the bedroom. x.x

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Jan 2022, 00:54

Ivory wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 00:32
Emotive Syndrome wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 23:56

I'm pretty sure that's just human nature hun. :3 Most people are more likely to seek something that's familiar rather than something that's new or unknown to them. Maybe you just need to do some research and see if there are any other tools out there that might help you such as meditation or exercise etc Though to be honest, I think you're fine just the way you are. :3

I will be sure and let you know if I do get a Switch ^-^ I honestly wish I could find my 3DS but it's lost somewhere in the house, most likely the bedroom. x.x
I can't actually get any medication because I'm not on insurance. We keep meaning to get me on Medicaid, but there's so much that we need to do and my bad memory it's still something we need to do. Maybe someday. :^_^: Thanks for saying that too. :^_^: My friends probably have their patience tested every time I forget something they tell me and I keep asking, then I forget again and ask them the same question I forgot. I mean I can never remember but there's always this feeling in the back of my head that I've asked the question before. I think they say I have, but I can never remember. It honestly seems like a total 50/50 of if I remember something or not. I'm still not sure why. :?

Oh crap! I hate when I lose a gaming device. I've lost a Gameboy Advance but since found it, luckily. Though that isn't always the case. There used to be a purple Gameboy Color I'd use to play DBZ Legendary Super Warriors which is still one of my favorite games to play. lol I hope you can find the 3ds too. I'll never be able to get either one, but what's the difference between the 3ds and 2ds? Like, is there any significant difference or just subtle?

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Jan 2022, 10:44

Well, I'm not in a mental decline, sharp or otherwise. So, I think I'm doing better, but I'm still not tired enough to sleep. :=/: Hallucinations that come with mental illness really are something to reckon with... but, soundproof headphones really are helping a lot in this situation. lol Really unexpected, but I'm glad I asked for them that one Christmas when I got them. I mean, they really do work like a charm. I can't hear anything else going on, all the arguments that I hear that are not only not possible but apparently not even happening... so, that was sobering to find out. I mean, dad was in my parents' room and mom was in the front room watching tv, so an argument literally physically couldn't have been happening. I just need to figure out what to do now. These soundproof headphones though really do keep me from getting overly riled up like I otherwise most likely would be though... I mean, the situation is a little complicated, but it's actually got a solution now. Well, kind of a strange solution, but... hey, these soundproof headphones really are helping the overall situation. :^_^: No sharp mental decline happening here~. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Jan 2022, 20:16

Naughty Kitty wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 19:53
I'm glad they are helping Emotive stay strong your doing great! :)
Thanks. :)

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Jan 2022, 01:44

Voices... It's been 17 years now since I've been hearing them. The voices have lied so much that they need to use my step-father's voice and my mom's voice to try to get me to believe them. This August of 2022 will mark 18 years of hearing the voices. I've been extremely patient... but I wonder if Jay or mom even know just how patient. For once in a long time I'm just not even hungry right now. We'll see if I eat dinner or not. I'm honestly not even thirsty.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Jan 2022, 01:49

It's not even worth it. The potential fallout is just not even worth getting worked up over, so I'll just calm myself down. Jesus, the fallout would be disastrous... so, it's just not worth getting worked up and causing a scene over. I'll just have to grow thicker skin.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Jan 2022, 01:58

Anyway though, picking up on Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage from where I left off. I'm using Toki right now.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Jan 2022, 01:16

Naughty Kitty wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 20:51
How is it going Emotive?
It was going ok... but, now whenever dad comes home from work I just don't even want to be upstairs, so I've started coming downstairs to play my games because he's clearly deadset against me. So, I'm just removing myself from the situation until he goes to bed. I wish my PS3 would register these soundproof headphones though, but it won't. So, I'll just have to play Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena whenever he's in bed or at work I guess. Otherwise I'm just blaring some Breaking Benjamin, Combichrist and other bands while playing a game, waiting for him to go to bed. It's unbelievable that it's actually come to this. He won't leave me alone, I keep telling him to, but he just won't. It's like he doesn't even know what "leave me alone" even means, or doesn't care. So... kind of a shift in the family dynamic I guess.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Jan 2022, 05:55

Naughty Kitty wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 03:04
I'm sorry he is so inconsiderate of you Emotive. :cry:
It's ok, I'm used to being bullied. I'm starting to just enjoy my games downstairs more despite it now though so I'm trying to not let it ruin my gaming time. :^_^: I still want to watch the animated Riddick movie though, but mom likes those movies too so luckily I did get that blu-ray collection of the 3 live-action movies and the 1 animated short film. Whenever Riddick 4: Furya comes out on bluray I'll have to get it too. :dance:
purple dragon wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 03:10
aww
It'll be ok. I'm trying to not let it bother me so much that it ruins my downstairs gaming. :^_^:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Jan 2022, 01:12

Naughty Kitty wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 20:01
Oh well that's good news about the movies glad your excited for them! :)
Yeah!! :^_^: It seems like a long time from now but I sometimes forget it's 2022. lol