Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 19 Oct 2021, 22:21

Spoiler:  
But Rozemyne had laynoble mana capacity initially. This fact suggests you aren’t born with all your element affinities but can develop more of them but only if you increase your mana capacity significantly like Rozemyne has.
I'm not sure that's necessarily true. If mana production and ultimate capacity can differ with genetics then I don't see why maximum possible affinities couldn't either, and by itself it doesn't suggest one's collection of affinities increase in number over a lifetime, but maybe I'm forgetting something. Was she measured to have fewer previously?
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 05 Nov 2021, 03:59

They didn't want winter anyway.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 06 Nov 2021, 19:26

Momogari wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 03:59
They didn't want winter anyway.
hehehe, that happens when you have the High Bishop pray for Spring.
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 16 Nov 2021, 04:01

A real Grun finally makes an appearance
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 17 Nov 2021, 15:29

So there's only one image from the Grun attack but unfortunately it doesn't show what the Grun looks like. The Manga I'm sure will show what the Grun looks like. It is described though.

4.4 Spoilers
  Spoiler:  
This first image is of Judithe being upset that she was thrown into Lessy during the Grun attack. Damiel threw her in so she could protect Rozemyne since she's so good at throwing attacks. Judithe thought she had been tossed in because Damiel thought she was useless as a Knight. So she was quite upset and actually didn't perform her duties as a Knight as a result, luckily she didn't need to do so. It is required that one Knight must be with Rozemyne at all times in her High Beast if others are traveling with her, which is often the case. Judithe wass chosen for this task by Damiel and was the only Knight in Lessy when they fled. Bonifatius was there too and defeated the Grun with other Knights. He did order that all Apprentice Knights were to retreat, which would include Judithe so I could see her misunderstanding rooting from that. But the image is great, see it below. Angelica did state simply that she was expected to be the lone guardian Knight but not why.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 23 Nov 2021, 10:04

:dance: quite a good Epilogue, and side histories to close this great Volume.

I like quite the more the one from Gunther PoV..
Giebe Haldenzel, was pretty nicer too. and a lots of intel to record.
hahhaha
a lot of intel to process now. hehehe.

Eager for next Volume.
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 23 Nov 2021, 16:36

It was quite informative, true. Interesting how PoVs of the same events are so different.

It was a good wrap up for the book.
本好きの下剋上

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 24 Nov 2021, 22:19

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 05 Dec 2021, 19:40

lol

The new part released last week suggests a battle or something bad might occur soon.

A new character introduced as well. If you don’t know who is who. Matthias is the smaller one in the image.

The big book that requires to enlist help just to open it is a bit funny. Well for the MC anyways
本好きの下剋上

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 08 Feb 2022, 02:30

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 09 Feb 2022, 23:49

hehehehehe, G-R-E-A-T__C-H-A-P-T-E-R !!!

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 16 Feb 2022, 06:01

Hartmut probably prepared that bone in advance. When did he go from cultist to flawless manager of the problem idol?

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 16 Feb 2022, 10:26

Momogari wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 06:01
Hartmut probably prepared that bone in advance. When did he go from cultist to flawless manager of the problem idol?
that's a great sentence!!! Hartmut for president! ... or must I say Aub Ehrenfest XDD 

Poor Charlotte too, how Scary she went to Rozenmyne for the Drewanchel tea party ...

just re-reading the old volumes... I found this bomb-sentence. XDDD

Part 2, Vol 3; -Punishment for the Knight's Order and my Future. [Page 99 Print edition]
  Spoiler:  
- .. the High Priest shut his eyes tightly, knitting his eyebrows.
It was clear by the look on his face that he was enduring a Myne-induced headache, which made me feel just a little guilty.
:smoke:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 21 Feb 2022, 22:11

OMG !!! I JUST! LOVE THIS SENTENCE!
¨It seems that you do not even know what the word `peaceful´ means. Learning it should be your greatest priority.¨

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 21 Feb 2022, 23:24

GREAT! this second chapter was so good too.  <3 <3

Spoiler:  
Incidentally, I sent a letter asking Ferdinand what "Please dye me in your colors" meant.
His reply was three pages long and tightly bound in packaging that market it as confidential.
I see... so it's a rather direct way of inviting someone to your bedroom for you-know-what. lewd indeed. :dance: :smoke:
Hirschur told me to use it for my actual proposal, but I don't think I will.[spoiler]

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler: