Super Smash Bros.

Discuss anything relating to consoles, or VGing in general.

Moderators: Nishizono Shinji, GraceMellody, Heyitslaurenk

User avatar
GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Posts: 17308
Joined: 18 Jun 2018, 21:49
Contact:
Great Britain

Super Smash Bros.

Post by GraceMellody » 08 Jun 2021, 18:13

Jezo wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 18:12
GraceMellody wrote:
20 May 2021, 18:20
It is definitely a very strong game in the franchise - although I am a sucker for Brawl!
Brawl was pretty magical, even if it did have tripping. Brawl was better than 4 for sure.

Long time no see, how's everyone doin?
Jezo! You joining my tournament? ;)
~UK Based Idol~
~Member of One Wish~

COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Disney Queen / Queen of Stealing Hearts~
Feel free to PM me for anything! Image


Image
Image

Jezo
New Member
Posts: 35
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 21:21
Great Britain

Achievements

Super Smash Bros.

Post by Jezo » 08 Jun 2021, 19:41

GraceMellody wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 18:13
Jezo wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 18:12
GraceMellody wrote:
20 May 2021, 18:20
It is definitely a very strong game in the franchise - although I am a sucker for Brawl!
Brawl was pretty magical, even if it did have tripping. Brawl was better than 4 for sure.

Long time no see, how's everyone doin?
Jezo! You joining my tournament? ;)
Tournament you say? When? Where? How?

User avatar
GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Posts: 17308
Joined: 18 Jun 2018, 21:49
Contact:
Great Britain

Super Smash Bros.

Post by GraceMellody » 08 Jun 2021, 19:45

Jezo wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 19:41
GraceMellody wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 18:13
Jezo wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 18:12

Brawl was pretty magical, even if it did have tripping. Brawl was better than 4 for sure.

Long time no see, how's everyone doin?
Jezo! You joining my tournament? ;)
Tournament you say? When? Where? How?
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=128081
~UK Based Idol~
~Member of One Wish~

COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Disney Queen / Queen of Stealing Hearts~
Feel free to PM me for anything! Image


Image
Image

User avatar
Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Posts: 1850
Joined: 28 Apr 2019, 16:31
Contact:
Great Britain

Achievements

Super Smash Bros.

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 08 Jun 2021, 20:06

so im gettin a switch next month which will mean i would have owned almost every single console released in the UK since 1985. it will also mean i can wtfpwn all of you on smash bros
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Jezo
New Member
Posts: 35
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 21:21
Great Britain

Achievements

Super Smash Bros.

Post by Jezo » 08 Jun 2021, 21:35

GraceMellody wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 19:45
Jezo wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 19:41
GraceMellody wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 18:13
Jezo! You joining my tournament? ;)
Tournament you say? When? Where? How?
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=128081
Ah I've got plans that weekend unfortunately. Send the winner my way tho lol

User avatar
Lolin
Veteran Member
Posts: 84064
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 06:52
United States of America

Super Smash Bros.

Post by Lolin » 12 Jun 2021, 05:16

Pyra/Mithra are actually _really fun_ to play as
ImageImageImage

User avatar
GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Posts: 17308
Joined: 18 Jun 2018, 21:49
Contact:
Great Britain

Super Smash Bros.

Post by GraceMellody » 17 Jun 2021, 16:52

Lolin wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 05:16
Pyra/Mithra are actually _really fun_ to play as
sign up for my tournament ;) viewtopic.php?f=59&t=128081
~UK Based Idol~
~Member of One Wish~

COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Disney Queen / Queen of Stealing Hearts~
Feel free to PM me for anything! Image


Image
Image

User avatar
GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Posts: 17308
Joined: 18 Jun 2018, 21:49
Contact:
Great Britain

Super Smash Bros.

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Jul 2021, 12:26

Kazuyaaaaaa
~UK Based Idol~
~Member of One Wish~

COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Disney Queen / Queen of Stealing Hearts~
Feel free to PM me for anything! Image


Image
Image

User avatar
GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Posts: 17308
Joined: 18 Jun 2018, 21:49
Contact:
Great Britain

Super Smash Bros.

Post by GraceMellody » 02 Aug 2021, 23:44

I used my switch for the smash tournaments at LAGC and I’ve got like 15 extra hours in it now lmao
~UK Based Idol~
~Member of One Wish~

COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Disney Queen / Queen of Stealing Hearts~
Feel free to PM me for anything! Image


Image
Image

User avatar
Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Posts: 1850
Joined: 28 Apr 2019, 16:31
Contact:
Great Britain

Achievements

Super Smash Bros.

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 04 Aug 2021, 17:42

GraceMellody wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 23:44
I used my switch for the smash tournaments at LAGC and I’ve got like 15 extra hours in it now lmao

Nice, I'm waiting on news of a "Pro" version of the switch then buying one.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

User avatar
GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Posts: 17308
Joined: 18 Jun 2018, 21:49
Contact:
Great Britain

Super Smash Bros.

Post by GraceMellody » 04 Aug 2021, 21:17

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 17:42
GraceMellody wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 23:44
I used my switch for the smash tournaments at LAGC and I’ve got like 15 extra hours in it now lmao

Nice, I'm waiting on news of a "Pro" version of the switch then buying one.
Have you not seen the OLED model already?
~UK Based Idol~
~Member of One Wish~

COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Disney Queen / Queen of Stealing Hearts~
Feel free to PM me for anything! Image


Image
Image

User avatar
Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Posts: 1850
Joined: 28 Apr 2019, 16:31
Contact:
Great Britain

Achievements

Super Smash Bros.

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 04 Aug 2021, 21:56

GraceMellody wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 21:17
Nishizono Shinji wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 17:42
GraceMellody wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 23:44
I used my switch for the smash tournaments at LAGC and I’ve got like 15 extra hours in it now lmao

Nice, I'm waiting on news of a "Pro" version of the switch then buying one.
Have you not seen the OLED model already?

Yea, pretty lame tbh. 720p resolution, no performance upgrades and costs more than an Xbox Series S. I was hoping they'd be releasing something with 4K Native or at least 1080p. Don't get me wrong an OLED screen is a nice bit of tech but considering that's the only upgrade to an already underpowered lackluster machine it's not worth the money.
I will be getting a switch there are a few games I'd like to get into but I'll probably get one second hand of they aren't bringing out something with decent spec.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

User avatar
Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Posts: 1850
Joined: 28 Apr 2019, 16:31
Contact:
Great Britain

Achievements

Super Smash Bros.

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 04 Aug 2021, 22:03

Just did some research and it looks like there won't be a "Pro" version of the switch with upgraded hardware. Which is disappointing, if I can get 4K resolution on my phone surely Nintendo can get a console to do the same.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

User avatar
GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Posts: 17308
Joined: 18 Jun 2018, 21:49
Contact:
Great Britain

Super Smash Bros.

Post by GraceMellody » 04 Aug 2021, 22:32

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 21:56
GraceMellody wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 21:17
Nishizono Shinji wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 17:42


Nice, I'm waiting on news of a "Pro" version of the switch then buying one.
Have you not seen the OLED model already?

Yea, pretty lame tbh. 720p resolution, no performance upgrades and costs more than an Xbox Series S. I was hoping they'd be releasing something with 4K Native or at least 1080p. Don't get me wrong an OLED screen is a nice bit of tech but considering that's the only upgrade to an already underpowered lackluster machine it's not worth the money.
I will be getting a switch there are a few games I'd like to get into but I'll probably get one second hand of they aren't bringing out something with decent spec.
Nishizono Shinji wrote:
04 Aug 2021, 22:03
Just did some research and it looks like there won't be a "Pro" version of the switch with upgraded hardware. Which is disappointing, if I can get 4K resolution on my phone surely Nintendo can get a console to do the same.
Oh yeah I definitely agree it's not that impressive, but yeah I think with OLED being announced that we're definitely not getting a pro now
~UK Based Idol~
~Member of One Wish~

COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Disney Queen / Queen of Stealing Hearts~
Feel free to PM me for anything! Image


Image
Image

User avatar
Lolin
Veteran Member
Posts: 84064
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 06:52
United States of America

Super Smash Bros.

Post by Lolin » 05 Aug 2021, 02:26

When Nintendo released the New (read: NEW) 3DS line, it caught a lot of flack. That's probably why we both did'nt have very many N3DS games and why we likely won't have a Switch Pro.

(That and the Tegra graphics boards they have in them were probably on a fire sale because NvIDIA wanted to get rid of all of them)
ImageImageImage

Post Reply