Hi everyone!

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Ttosk, Teeny, Wheely Sweet

klaudia
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by klaudia » 26 Jul 2021, 07:03

Hi everyone, I just found this forum so thought might as well introduce myself! 

I'm Klaudia, 25, I'm from Poland but I've lived in the UK for almost 6 years now. Back in high school I used to watch tons of anime and go to conventions all over the country but ever since I moved here, life took over and I kinda stopped watching and reading stuff. Now I want to get back to it (need recommendations!), go to conventions and, most of all, meet people who share my interests :)

I'm also very much into video games, always wanted to try D&D and I've been studying Japanese for a while should anyone need a study partner  :<3:

weeabooweegee
Soul Reaper Member
Soul Reaper Member
Great Britain

Hi everyone!

Post by weeabooweegee » 26 Jul 2021, 16:56

Welcome to AL @klaudia! Do you have a favourite anime?

Yulyeong
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by Yulyeong » 26 Jul 2021, 18:52

Welcome to AL @klaudia I hope you have a great time here! Theres definitely plenty of people that share your interests here!

Revillo Phoenix
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by Revillo Phoenix » 26 Jul 2021, 22:35

Welcome, I also moved to the UK about 6 years ago, from Hungary. Player of a lot of TTRPGS including D&D, it's nice. Can be done online now with roll20 and such.
Feel free to chat with me in PM or especially Discord

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Hi everyone!

Post by Nethack » 26 Jul 2021, 23:37

@klaudia Welcome to Anime League!! i hope you make many new friends! try checking out Clan Nation! I think you might find some people there that share a lot of your interests.

klaudia
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by klaudia » 27 Jul 2021, 05:42

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
weeabooweegee, I think Code Geass will always hold a special place in my heart! What about you?

Yulyeong, thank you! I hope so too :D

Revillo Phoenix, Ohh that's cool I will check out roll20 then, maybe find my first game. Thanks! What would you recommend I look at first?

Thanks, Nethack! I shall go check out Clan Nation now!

weeabooweegee
Soul Reaper Member
Soul Reaper Member
Great Britain

Hi everyone!

Post by weeabooweegee » 27 Jul 2021, 06:00

klaudia wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 05:42
weeabooweegee, I think Code Geass will always hold a special place in my heart! What about you?
Code Geass is a great anime! To answer your question, my favourite anime is Re:ZERO

klaudia
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by klaudia » 27 Jul 2021, 06:13

weeabooweegee, always heard the name, but never actually checked it out. Just looked at it now and it seems to be totally down my alley! I've been in a fantasy mood lately, so will definitely be giving this a go this weekend

Celron_Miles
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by Celron_Miles » 27 Jul 2021, 06:35

Hi! Its nice to see a fellow polish weeb here :D

I would recommend Warhammer instead of D&D but thats just my preference. What is your favourite genre of anime? Cause if you would like some fantasy then I can't recommend Konosuba enough. But I guess its popular enough that you already watched it :haha:

My question to you would be what kind of music do you like, and whats your favourite dish?

klaudia
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by klaudia » 27 Jul 2021, 07:51

Celron_Miles, woop woop Poland :haha: ! Do you also live in the UK?

Funny you mention it, I just found a local tabletop group on Facebook and they seem to be mostly playing Warhammer so I thought I might go to one of their meetups to check it out. It always seemed overwhelming with those figurines and the whole setup though!

I've actually not seen Konosuba and never heard of it haha. But it looks cool so I will definitely add it to my list. Funnily enough when it comes to fantasy I always preferred books and RPG video games over anime. I don't think I have a favourite genre, I will watch things like Black Lagoon or Hellsing for some action, Steins;Gate for a cool story, Bakuman to get inspired and then Yuru Yuri for a laugh :haha: I would say I tend to stay away from things like mecha and sci fi though but then I mentioned Code Geass is one of my faves lol

My favourite music, hmmm that's a good one and I'd say it depends on the mood. If I'm feeling feisty, some rock like In This Moment or Halestorm, if cheerful then some summery pop haha I do like to discover new music like after Hellblade 2 trailer dropped, I was listening to Heilung (experimental folk metal.... thing?) for weeks :haha:

My favourite dish.... probably any thai curry, they're too good to pick one :D

Yulyeong
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by Yulyeong » 27 Jul 2021, 08:08

The secret I find with warhammer is start small! Don’t feel you have to make a massive army straight away, trust me I’ve ebayed way too many models when I got overwhelmed lol.

Celron_Miles
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by Celron_Miles » 27 Jul 2021, 08:32

@klaudia Yeah. Moved here in August, so you're my Senpai in being here.

To the rest of your response

I couldn't have described my own anime ways better. Hope you stay around. Also thats some great music taste you've got there. I recommend giving Brothers of Metal, and Skald a listen. Also watch Yuru Camp. The comfiest of the animes.

Btw remember theres (fantasy) Warhammer, and Warhammer 40k. The fantasy Warhammer has more classic tabletop style groups I believe, while 40k will be the figurines and army fights.

klaudia
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by klaudia » 27 Jul 2021, 09:43

Yulyeong, thanks for the tip! I shall definitely keep it in mind in case I fall down that pit as well haha

Celron_Miles, Last August? God, that was probably the worst time to move during the pandemic, hope you've managed to get through it okay! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who struggles to describe my favourite genres haha Thanks for the recommendations, I will definitely check them out and let you know what I think :D

Ahh right, I must admit I didn't quite know there is a difference there. I think the fantasy Warhammer would be more interesting to me. Need to do some research lol

Revillo Phoenix
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by Revillo Phoenix » 27 Jul 2021, 14:27

klaudia wrote:
Revillo Phoenix, Ohh that's cool I will check out roll20 then, maybe find my first game. Thanks! What would you recommend I look at first?

Tbh, DnD 5E is a nice entry level game that can be simple to play but has complexity to master. Thou personally I think it is best if you grab some people you at least know to some extent to get the group together. I personally haven't tried to apply to games of total strangers on Roll20, but it is a thing that can be done on there too.
Feel free to chat with me in PM or especially Discord

Yulyeong
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hi everyone!

Post by Yulyeong » 27 Jul 2021, 15:14

Revillo Phoenix wrote:
27 Jul 2021, 14:27
klaudia wrote:

Tbh, DnD 5E is a nice entry level game that can be simple to play but has complexity to master. Thou personally I think it is best if you grab some people you at least know to some extent to get the group together. I personally haven't tried to apply to games of total strangers on Roll20, but it is a thing that can be done on there too.
It took a lot of getting used to, especially setting up lighting etc. The one thing I found with us being a group of players new to D&D in general it did make people play it more like a table top game than a role playing game, could just be my group though.