Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 25 Jun 2021, 23:41

Twilight wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 11:11

I’m reading the Web Novels which are all available but it’s MTL=Machine Translated. MTL isn’t that easy to read. So I’m reading it once in awhile so at a slow pace. I’m at 4.6.
HEHEHE I did that fewer times ... It was pretty worse than H O R R I B L Y !!!

Spoiler:  
Screen Shot of Shōsetsuka ni Narō. by MTL ... TT__TT Spammelot!! XDDD

Honzuki-Goggle Trans-Shitty-lation.png
Honzuki at Shōsetsuka ni Narō. Chap Titles
Honzuki-Goggle Trans-Shitty-lation.png (210.47 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 25 Jun 2021, 23:54

Oh I have a superior MTL hehe

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 26 Jun 2021, 22:35

Twilight wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 23:54
Oh I have a superior MTL hehe
sure! any MTL with a bit of effort arranging it, will be much better that plain MTL like G.translation. ( teking in count that G is like 100 time better than Bing ... ) XDDDD

I find a funniest MTL (fan-arranged ?) translation on Novelhall web ... far I searched... Is the only place I find far above that J-N.club ... ( many FAn-translations are far behind XDDD )
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 27 Jun 2021, 15:35

Ascendance of a Bookworm is being translated at a fast pace on J-Novel.

On top of that I just have the WN available to read.

Well I know where I can get the LN MTL too. A couple sources but MTL isn’t worth deciphering. So the WN isn’t quite the same as the LN anyways. I’m thinking of dropping the WN anyways. I’m up to 4.6. Barely started it two or three weeks ago and I’m still barely started.

I believe I’m done with WN. 4.1 is out so it’ll be 40 weeks before 4.6 comes out anyways, sooner for prepub.

Basically 7 months ahead.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 28 Jun 2021, 19:40

:omg: woow, so you know enough Japanese to read the original WN?

Ò_Ó What do you mean with "WN 4.1" I know that "wn= web novel" ... but what do "4.1" or "4.6" meaning for?
… far I've compared, tonigh the WN chaps on PrePub, where will be, wn309 ~ 311 or so. :sweatdrop:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 28 Jun 2021, 23:21

Pretty good chaps!
It took me one and a half hour to read the first chap ( which was 2 in the WN ), and half more to the 2nd chapter.

jsut havin a quick check at the WN chapter titles ... I eager to read the quite history ...
  Spoiler:  
( Side Chapter: HEADHACE REPORT!!!!! ))
<3 <3

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 29 Jun 2021, 03:36

Spoiler:  
Anastasius and Rozemyne are developing as I thought they would lol. Though this favor is still somewhat coerced.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 29 Jun 2021, 16:39

4.6 would be Part 4 volume 6 as compared to where the Light Novel would be in the story.

Yes I enjoyed the recent chapters, been looking forward to reading about the Ditter Match

To be clear I've been reading MTL WN, so not the Japanese original WN.

My Japanese isn't good enough to read the original.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 30 Jun 2021, 11:42

Part 4 volume 1 LN is out and available to buy. I believe only the digital version though.

We are only 4 weeks ahead in the prepub. I’m starting to wonder if that’s even a good perk.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 02 Jul 2021, 20:02

Naruhodo! mine too, my Nihongo is very poor!!!

yeah, they first launch the digital edition, and quite late the printed one. I've already bought all of them (in both editions, because it deserves. hehehe) Printed edition is just out up to Part 3 Vol 01. It went out last April, and sadly P3V2 (Book 11) does not go out until Sep. this year! TT__TT
then we will be reading about Pre-pubs for P4V4 ...

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 02 Jul 2021, 20:13

MTL I was reading "Didn't I say to make my abilities average in the next life" up to 430 +/- Chapters ... ( about Vol 13 ? ) which is the last out now. :ohno: that remind i have to buy the Vols 12 & 13 in print edition. ( of this one I'm not buying the digital :p )
Well, it was half MTL /half Fan arranged, but there where start bothering me the he putting at the end of the dialog sentences who said it that ( when half of the time the main author just do that, and other half does not need coz easiest understanding for the contest, or even doesn't where relevant who say what ... >_<

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 06 Jul 2021, 01:32

Kboooom!!!!!!

Last sentence of this part has blow my mind! (even was more than expected... i didn't thou it will happens that early!

I am getting like to Lady Eglantine. :smoke:

BTW, it's quite too hard for me to read in a language I still learning... it took me quite a lot for a few chaps. :soul:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 11 Jul 2021, 06:53

sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 12 Jul 2021, 09:09

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

HAPPY BOOKWORM DAY!
It's Monday, and that mean New chaps releasing.

@Momogari :<3: :<3: :<3: Wooooo A W E S O M E E !!PIC. I was needing a new mobile screen saver (wallpaper) XD :dance:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 12 Jul 2021, 11:07

Bookworm Day. LoL

Yes, all Mondays are days to celebrate for that reason. I’m behind this week, haven’t read prepub release from last week yet.

My sister just finished the new LN release. She enjoyed it. The Shumils is what she liked most.

I like the pic too but I already seen it. I’ve seen others like it too.

You know, I’m not sure who is on the far Left. I know who the others are. Far Left looks like Tuuli but they are all wearing Royal Academy clothes and that would eliminate Tuuli as a possibility. But the image is fan made so it’s probably Tuuli anyways.