-title writing intensifies-

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 17 Apr 2021, 16:52

Inglis wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 14:40
As for Excel Saga it's on my list of worst Anime ever made. But hey that's an opinion.
I watched it many years ago when I had questionable taste. I hated it even then.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 18 Apr 2021, 20:00

GraceMellody wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 12:59
Pasta and cheese sounds so good right now not gonna lie

it is fairly dank, i say you should cook some pasta for yourself as you've earned it i'd say :3 i had pasta and cheese for dinner but it didn't satisfy me, so i ordered food from McDonalds - no chicken nuggets however which might disappoint you :c hope you're okay Grace!

Inglis wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 14:40
Well hello Melan hope you don't mind if I drop in your Journal here and there. I guess you didn't have one previously, surprising.

Well I can't say I've watched Paprika. As for Excel Saga it's on my list of worst Anime ever made. But hey that's an opinion. If I were to recommend an anime that I think you might enjoy it would be Yuri on Ice. I'd say you should give it a try. It's a an unsung anime that's actually fairly good. Short too.

of course i don't mind, it's nice to see that people like yourself have taken notice of my journal as i didn't think it would be that interesting ^^; as for Paprika, i fully recommend it so make sure to watch it soon! your opinion on Excel Saga shocks me as it's up there in my top-3 most favourite anime series of all time, but that is just an opinion also, we're all entitled to our opinion so your view is just as valid as mine X3 will check Yuri On Ice out as soon as i finish watching Toradora!, i've nearly finished the series so Yuri On Ice will be my next series for sure X3

Momogari wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 16:52
I watched it many years ago when I had questionable taste. I hated it even then.

seriously?! you know exactly how to hurt me, @Momogari ;__; this is what it feels like to have a broken heart!

purple dragon wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 05:25
today iv just been gameing

oh awesome, what games have you been playing? i've been feeling the Final Fantasy 9 soundtrack recently so i need to find my old PS1 for some well-earned nostalgia :3!

As for me, my day has been surprisingly chill! Spent most of it watching Louis Theroux documentaries, eating pasta and cheese and smoking some lovely Amnesia Haze - I also walked my dawg 3 times today as the weather has been beautiful! We went down to the local canal where I sat on a bench, smoking a joint or 3 as we watched the world pass us by, it made the bond with my dawg even more stronger than it already was, I love him so much <3! It's going to kill me when he passes away as he's getting older, but I've always said that I'll have a dog in my life until I die, like my dawg has such a cheeky personality, he knows exactly how to win me over as he's got the most gorgeous brown eyes, just like his owner ;3 Here's a pic!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 19 Apr 2021, 08:26

I’m thinking couscous instead of pasta tbh
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 20 Apr 2021, 10:00

GraceMellody wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 08:26

couscous and cheese doesn't sound as appealing as pasta and cheese tho you must agree with me there ;o;

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 20 Apr 2021, 20:01

melanch0lic wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 10:00
GraceMellody wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 08:26

couscous and cheese doesn't sound as appealing as pasta and cheese tho you must agree with me there ;o;
true but couscous is better for lunch, pasta is better for dinner uwu
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 21 Apr 2021, 15:47

GraceMellody wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 20:01
true but couscous is better for lunch, pasta is better for dinner uwu

good point but the idea of couscous and cheese makes me cry on the inside ;__;

So today has been a well-earned period of time in which I can relax, reflect and unwind, as I do genuinely work quite hard - especially as how my job involves working directly with the public (something I can never usually handle due to issues with my mental illnesses, the main one being my anxiety), the public who can be incredibly rude even when I try my hardest to remain polite and enthusiastic (I manage the store but sometimes if the other workers are on their break or if it's especially busy) D: The pressure that members of the public can put on you for the slightest change or mistake in their order is immense, and some people really are quite specific in what they need but at the end of the day it's Subway, not a 5-star restaurant, but as the sandwiches are made in front of the customer complaints are generally quite rare! Although being honest, i'm lucky that I still have a job in today's climate when there are others who have families to support who now have nothing... Fingers crossed it remains like this! c:

Anyways, I spent today exploring the shops in Walsall town centre which is something that I haven't done in literally years, but I found the most amazing American food shop which, if you follow any of my posts, is something I found incredibly exciting! They sell pretty much anything American-made, like drinks and cereals, so naturally I've wasted at least £20 on drinks and Kitkats, money well-spent even though I've already ate 3 Kitkats (mocha & chocolate flavour ftw!) and drank 2 of my cans of soda (Dr. Pepper w/ Cream Soda omggg~), I have very little self-control in regards to good/particularly unhealthy food like that - apple pie Kitkats are also more-than epic so if you're reading this then I fully recommend them, but tbh this American shop in question has been the first place I've found to stock things as niche as that, so I feel slightly lucky ^^; As well as that I've treated myself to 2 more figurines which will displayed on my wall of weeaboo any time soon, but the quicker I can buy the shelving units the better as I'm very quickly becoming proud of the weeaboo things that I have acquired over the years! :3

As I've been sleeping a little more (probably around 5/6 hours per night recently), my mental health has had time to catch up from the exhaustion and as such I'm feeling fresh and somewhat human again, although this can change quite rapidly due to the complicated nature of my bi-polar disorder and borderline personality disorder, but for now I'm making the most of feeling sociable by interacting with more people on here and Discord - I'm even close to re-activating my old Facebook account, even if I have survived well enough without it until now, I mean the way I see it is that if someone close reeeally needs to contact me they have my phone number, so I don't experience the depression and drama associated with being on Facebook :3

TL;DR: work is tiring, American food is both American and amazing and my mental health is better than usual at the moment! <3
Last edited by melanch0lic on 21 Apr 2021, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 21 Apr 2021, 15:57

relaxing is always good, i'm doing that today.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 21 Apr 2021, 16:13

PharaohAtem wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 15:57
relaxing is always good, i'm doing that today.

it is always nice to have a day off work to relax, i think in order to keep yourself relatively sane time to relax is definitely required ^^ have you had today off work/studying also, @PharaohAtem-chan? if so, what have you been up to? :3

drinking my Dr Pepper w/ Cream Soda right now which is quite possibly my new favourite way of providing myself with everything calorific <3 damn, if I was American I'd be super-fat by now o.o!

now time for me to walk my dawg who, as i was outdoors, somehow managed to pull my pillows and duvet off from my bed D: no idea why he does that, but it seems as if he can't relax and lie down if there's like a cushion or something nearby which is when he starts to make a mess, the cheeky b**tard >_> although the longer we spend together, the more like me he becomes X3

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 21 Apr 2021, 16:58

I have the day off I'm being lazy right now resting my body. Looking for something to watch oh wait doesn't seem anything to be on. I'm eating food from qdoba right now.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 21 Apr 2021, 18:36

Dr. Pepper is my favorite not-actually-a-doctor doctor

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 21 Apr 2021, 20:20

Lolin wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 18:36
Dr. Pepper is my favorite not-actually-a-doctor doctor

it was a favourite of mine so finding the cream soda flavour has really cheered me up - yes i am very easily amused, HOWEVER you didn't acknowledge my kitkats ;__; you can be so mean sometimes @Lolin! D:

PharaohAtem wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 16:58
I have the day off I'm being lazy right now resting my body. Looking for something to watch oh wait doesn't seem anything to be on. I'm eating food from qdoba right now.

if you've been working hard all week then make the most of your time off, whether that's chilling being lazy or being super-productive, either way time off work is always welcome <3! i've never heard of that btw, what kinda food do they sell? i'm so out of touch compared to other people, i annoy myself sometimes ;o;

Well I had a rather positive phonecall earlier this evening - apparently I've -finally- been allocated to a new Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN for short) after waiting literally years! Like this means a hell of a lot to me, as now I can stop thinking of myself as a burden to all those around me/people online in regards to my illnesses ^__^ Plus they can review my medication, as I don't believe my anti-psychotic meds are doing their job fully... If they were my moods should be more stable than they are at the moment, I mean while I feel good today that positive feeling(s) can very quickly turn me into a negative, paranoid mess, and the last thing I want is to take out my paranoid/other symptoms out on anyone I care about, whether that's on or offline you know? X3 Today has been surprisingly fun, not even spending £89ish on food shop has dented my enthusiasm - I just wish the right kinda people were alone to listen to me rant (positive) nonsense, it's still not complete until I confess my undying love for friends I've made on here... ^^;

TL;DR: good phonecall was good, new CPN & food shopping is ridiculously expensive even when buying for just one person :3

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 21 Apr 2021, 20:21

I'm the meanest

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 21 Apr 2021, 20:25

Lolin wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 20:21
I'm the meanest

you actually are, even if both of your dogs are cute ;__;! do you even like kitkats?! i'm awaiting a resounding 'no' just to add insult to injury!

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 21 Apr 2021, 20:27

Mexican food basically. Quesadillas, tacos, taco salad stuff like that.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 21 Apr 2021, 21:16

Kitkats are wonderful, honestly