What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 09 Apr 2021, 18:30

Melancholy Angel wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 18:06
Emotive Spirit wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 17:50
Melancholy Angel wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 06:45

Card is what you need. For a low level run you can flee from all battles that you can until you learn card (bosses give AP but no xp). When you card an enemy you get AP but no xp so you can then level your GF without leveling your characters. Gravity attacks are useful to weaken but not kill enemies and Enc-None to avoid fights altogether is handy. Also if you get access to chocobo world you can get some good items for refining from that.

I did all this pre remaster so there might be some differences but I wouldn't expect much to change.
Thanks ^_^ I knew about using Card, but it's the other ones I can't card that I'm wondering about, like in Dollet for the Field Exam. I know I can't card soldiers, but someone mentioned using Seifer to kill the other party members and just using him to get 3rd level elemental magic from them while leveling him up. I think there's a trophy to get someone to level 100? Even if not, it sounds like a good idea. lol I've heard that Break spell gives you zero experience too.

I'm not too sure about the break spell it wasn't something I used. You can kill the party and grind with Seifer. I think its a good point to work towards getting card because until you have it you can't get AP except from bosses without getting xp too. It's also handy because killing soldiers is one of the criteria for your starting SeeD rank. I did a bit of grinding at that point but you don't need to if you don't want.
I must've forgot that part. It's the "Attack" score that falls under that category, but it says 75+ enemies KO'd so I'm guessing once you KO 75 that's the max score it can be. I've still got the old paperback Brady Games guide. lol One thing about that guide though it never covered how to get that Combat King from the Library Girl with Pigtails (Zell's Love Quest), but it says to "see Sidequests" but it's not in the guide at all. That's always been frustrating. Less though these days since I know how to get it now, but still. >_<

Melancholy Angel
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Melancholy Angel » 09 Apr 2021, 21:12

Emotive Spirit wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 18:30
I must've forgot that part. It's the "Attack" score that falls under that category, but it says 75+ enemies KO'd so I'm guessing once you KO 75 that's the max score it can be. I've still got the old paperback Brady Games guide. lol One thing about that guide though it never covered how to get that Combat King from the Library Girl with Pigtails (Zell's Love Quest), but it says to "see Sidequests" but it's not in the guide at all. That's always been frustrating. Less though these days since I know how to get it now, but still. >_<

Yeah I had that guide but I've not seen it for a while so don't know where it is these days. It's been a while since I played so I don't remember a lot of the side content, but I put a lot of effort into the 0 xp run so a lot of those memories stuck

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 09 Apr 2021, 21:41

Melancholy Angel wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 21:12
Emotive Spirit wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 18:30

Yeah I had that guide but I've not seen it for a while so don't know where it is these days. It's been a while since I played so I don't remember a lot of the side content, but I put a lot of effort into the 0 xp run so a lot of those memories stuck
There's a lot of side content, but I never knew how many Timber Maniacs you read determined the scene with Laguna in Julia's room. lol

Nuggies
Black Member
Black Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nuggies » 10 Apr 2021, 00:08

Well, update on Genshin. Completely all quests. All I've really for left to do now is battle pass and build all characters to 90. Plus the occasional event. They really need to hurry up and release another area. Liyue sized bigger.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 10 Apr 2021, 02:03

Got back into an old favourite. Awesomenauts!

Just had a really noice match nice banter all around. Got a couple of killing sprees and a double kill as a support.Image
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 10 Apr 2021, 18:59

So Ive had to start CSD2 again from the beginning because my game progress from my old laptop did not transfer... yeah...

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Apr 2021, 19:54

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 18:59
So Ive had to start CSD2 again from the beginning because my game progress from my old laptop did not transfer... yeah...
Ouch /: Sorry to hear, Lauren. :( It sucks to lose save data you've put a lot of hours into.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 11 Apr 2021, 00:12

As I have just put the AL Minecraft server up been playing that recently especially late at night when I want to chill :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 11 Apr 2021, 00:26

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 18:59

I know that pain. I'm still reeling from when I lost my System Shock 2 save years back. Not touched it since. I'll get back around to it eventually though
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

Post by Dark_ » 11 Apr 2021, 00:41

Today im gonna try get a chance to download the demo of the witcherer 3 and complete it

SpInNy FinGeRS

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 11 Apr 2021, 13:15

Dark_UwU wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 00:41
Today im gonna try get a chance to download the demo of the witcherer 3 and complete it

I need to play the Witcher 3 because people keep saying it is very good :P
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Dark_
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member
Great Britain

Post by Dark_ » 11 Apr 2021, 14:34

LikkleMel wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 13:15
Dark_UwU wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 00:41

I need to play the Witcher 3 because people keep saying it is very good :P

Yeah ikr!

SpInNy FinGeRS

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 12 Apr 2021, 08:45

Finally got something to play on my 3DSXL
https://imgur.com/a/VTYzkhJ

Jannick
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Jannick » 13 Apr 2021, 03:18

For Path of Exile recently, and POE is a surprisingly great game. I've tried the beginning areas of the game in the past few years but kept getting distracted with other AAA titles, but in the last 2 months I've been giving all of my spare time to POE and I'm hooked, and i did made some cash for selling poe orbs ingame.

Usually, I avoid free-to-play games like the plague, so often either the product is lacking or the monetization structure limits gameplay to some degree, forcing you to pay more than you would for a priced product. After playing over 200 hours of the game (and having a blast with the complexity and breadth of content), there's been no paywall in sight (I did buy some of poe chaos orbs as an appreciation to the devs).
Last edited by Jannick on 15 Apr 2021, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 13 Apr 2021, 03:50

I've been wondering about playing Vikings: A War of Clans because it looks interesting. I also installed Another Eden so I might try that later, but that's only if I can pull away from FF8 Remastered. lol My plan in FF8R is to challenge everyone that I can challenge in the Garden and win 5 times vs each person. I've got Minimog, Trauma, Ifrit, Quistis, and Elvoret. Trauma, Krysta and Elvoret were rare Card results from Caterchippillar, Bite Bug and Glacial Eye. There's a walkthrough somewhere online that shows the rare cards you can get from which enemies and what the odds of getting the rare result from using Card on the monster (when their HP is as low as you can get it without killing the monster) and not the usual card form of the monster, but small odds to get one of those 3 powerful cards each time BEFORE the Field Exam! VERY helpful after grinding AP with card. I saved before each encounter though in case I accidentally ended up killing the monsters I wanted to Card. lol Draw-Casting Caterchippillar's Cure on itself helps too, but so does not Junctioning anything to Elem ATK or STR. I think Elvoret came from Buel in the Fire Cavern actually. I can't remember. lol xD