♡Clan Neutral Chit Chat Thread!♡

Welcome to the ClanNation sign-ups where you can sign-up for any existing clans! Interested in creating your own clan? Head over to The Neighbors' Club!

Moderators: LikkleMel, purple dragon, Akane Mayu

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Mar 2021, 05:44

PharaohAtem wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 01:15
The one with the leather jacket and mohawk that was white I think I could be wrong .
Oh yeah, I must've forgot what he looked like because I didn't remember the moehawk! >.<
Nethack wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 02:05
That movie gave me irrational fears...
Fears of cute and cuddly little Gizmos or the gremlins? I mean, I think Gizmo was called something different than gremlin but I could be wrong. What irrational fears though? Tell your irrational fears, I compel you with my hypno eyes! @.@ *BEARHUGZ* ^.^ My irrational fear is that everyone's always watching me even in my family's house, like every single neighbor is watching me, always, using some psychic method. And the dark. And big animals, even horses scare me, even the idea if being in front of a horse scares me. lol What's yours? :)

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 17 Mar 2021, 14:33

I am terrified of Furbys now.... Which was a direct result of having watched Gremlins. uh... I also am afraid of the following:
Light bulbs: because every time i change one it explodes
Electrical outlets: I once plugged in a space heater, the outlet exploded and caught fire.
Roller Coasters: i stand 5'1, and clock in at 110 lbs..... I am too small for adult harness and they wont ever let me use the children harness. this makes it so that im literally falling off of the damn thing and being slammed around in it. no upside down time for me, no thank you I choose life.

Aaaaand many more stupid things. Like... Ill make a list in my own ALJ lol but they are irrational, and I am aware of this, but that doesnt change anything. Ive tried exposure therapy for these and nothing works...

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Mar 2021, 20:08

Nethack wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 14:33
I am terrified of Furbys now.... Which was a direct result of having watched Gremlins. uh... I also am afraid of the following:
Light bulbs: because every time i change one it explodes
Electrical outlets: I once plugged in a space heater, the outlet exploded and caught fire.
Roller Coasters: i stand 5'1, and clock in at 110 lbs..... I am too small for adult harness and they wont ever let me use the children harness. this makes it so that im literally falling off of the damn thing and being slammed around in it. no upside down time for me, no thank you I choose life.

Aaaaand many more stupid things. Like... Ill make a list in my own ALJ lol but they are irrational, and I am aware of this, but that doesnt change anything. Ive tried exposure therapy for these and nothing works...
You must be one of those people that has a higher electrical charge than usual. That always sounded really frustrating, especially in these times when the majority of things carries/uses electricity. Have you ever had a problem like that with your phone? I'm way too curious sometimes, so don't hesitate to tell me to stop being so curious. :sweatdrop:

Exposure therapy always seemed kind of iffy to me, but I think it's most people who have irrational fears at least to some extent, even if they don't tell anybody. Exposure therapy though... I don't think I'd even try that way to overcome a fear. It's always seemed like torture really. :(

It always seems like the rational part of our brains are in conflict with the more primal parts of our brain like the part that facilitates our fears. Such a complicated thing for weighing 8 or so ounces I think... or was it lbs?

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 17 Mar 2021, 22:36

I tried the therapy because these fears interfere with my day to day life. It SUCKS to not be able to plug in a lamp due to the fear of the outlet exploding, and not to be able to change a light bulb. :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

I do not have issues with hand held devices like phones or gaming systems, but I do get those static shocks all of the time. If there is any electrical device that Ive been had an issue with its ear buds. I have to use ones that specifically have the rubber guides on them or else they shock the hell out of me. IE: I cant use apple ear buds like the head phones that come with the phones or airpods. Ive not tried the airpod pros though.... which would be the type i WOULD be able to use.... *shrug*

But yeah, when your mind makes the connection that this thing is dangerous you tend to develop a fear of it which can be Nero-atyplical. Really just means that the fear is abnormal compared to the current standard. Its the same classification as acute phobias. We know the thing is not that dangerous, but one experience blew it up into what the brain sees as a life and death situation. Its no fun.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Mar 2021, 01:00

Nethack wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 22:36
I tried the therapy because these fears interfere with my day to day life. It SUCKS to not be able to plug in a lamp due to the fear of the outlet exploding, and not to be able to change a light bulb. :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

I do not have issues with hand held devices like phones or gaming systems, but I do get those static shocks all of the time. If there is any electrical device that Ive been had an issue with its ear buds. I have to use ones that specifically have the rubber guides on them or else they shock the hell out of me. IE: I cant use apple ear buds like the head phones that come with the phones or airpods. Ive not tried the airpod pros though.... which would be the type i WOULD be able to use.... *shrug*

But yeah, when your mind makes the connection that this thing is dangerous you tend to develop a fear of it which can be Nero-atyplical. Really just means that the fear is abnormal compared to the current standard. Its the same classification as acute phobias. We know the thing is not that dangerous, but one experience blew it up into what the brain sees as a life and death situation. Its no fun.
Yeesh, I really wish there was some kind of brand that was affordable for those with those issues. /: These days it seems like everything's expensive though, no matter what it is. Lucky break though with not having the problem with gaming systems or phones though because I think some just can't touch anything electronic because it shorts, but that might have been randomly and not every single time they touched an electronic device, but still, that would be so horrible. D: I mean, even every now and then getting one hurts like a ... expletive. >.< It must be frustrating having it happen so often. :( Jeez though, the lightbulbs exploding sounds dangerous, especially if nothing is in front of your eyes. >.<

Why are our brains so... counter-productive sometimes? Or working against us (or what feels like it working against us) almost all the time on some level? It's like a trap for us to never get out of. lol Talk about a design flaw. >.< >.<

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 18 Mar 2021, 01:19

Yeah its no fun at all lol Talk about a bad time

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Mar 2021, 02:22

Nethack wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 01:19
xD

How's the day wrapping up? On a good note I hope?

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 18 Mar 2021, 13:36

Emotive Spirit wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 02:22
Nethack wrote:
xD

It was good. Just ended up staying up until like midnight because my son wouldnt go to sleep. Which was mostly my fault.. I let him take a late nap.

What about you?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 18 Mar 2021, 16:05

Yep kids are that way you let them sleep late avd there up like clock work

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 18 Mar 2021, 16:20

Yeah, he is usually up at 7am every day, and bed time is 7pm. He was just up real late last night, but still got up early as usual :ohno:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Mar 2021, 22:52

Nethack wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 13:36
Emotive Spirit wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 02:22
Nethack wrote:
xD

It was good. Just ended up staying up until like midnight because my son wouldnt go to sleep. Which was mostly my fault.. I let him take a late nap.

What about you?
As long as it was good. ^.^ It's also good to know to not let my future kids take late naps if I don't want to stay up until midnight. I don't have a family of my own but I'm hoping someday I'll have a wife and kids. I've probably been more optimistic about it in the past but these days it's hard to see, especially with how old I am and the mental problems I have. :(

Later on in the day I got irritable because of one of my mental problems acting up. I took a few things to calm down and eventually got to sleep though, but I'm kind of seeing myself in a psych ward some time in the near future. Well, at least a 72 hour hold. Hopefully I'm not cracking apart like that, but it's hard to say these days sometimes. The day wrapped up in sleep which was good though. lol

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 18 Mar 2021, 23:08

Emotive Spirit wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 22:52

As long as it was good. ^.^ It's also good to know to not let my future kids take late naps if I don't want to stay up until midnight. I don't have a family of my own but I'm hoping someday I'll have a wife and kids. I've probably been more optimistic about it in the past but these days it's hard to see, especially with how old I am and the mental problems I have. :(

Later on in the day I got irritable because of one of my mental problems acting up. I took a few things to calm down and eventually got to sleep though, but I'm kind of seeing myself in a psych ward some time in the near future. Well, at least a 72 hour hold. Hopefully I'm not cracking apart like that, but it's hard to say these days sometimes. The day wrapped up in sleep which was good though. lol

I think you will find someone. Just keep working on yourself. You will get there ^_^

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Mar 2021, 23:22

Maybe, but I'd have to do schooling all over again. Then try to get a degree. I wish I had the means, but honestly I'm not smart enough to do anything spectacular or overly impressive. I also hate when I realize how selfish I sound which is something I'm REALLY trying to stop. No one likes when someone talks as selfish as I think I do. >.<

Maybe someday though. Who knows? Crazier things have happened. lol

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 18 Mar 2021, 23:33

Emotive Spirit wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 23:22
Maybe, but I'd have to do schooling all over again. Then try to get a degree. I wish I had the means, but honestly I'm not smart enough to do anything spectacular or overly impressive. I also hate when I realize how selfish I sound which is something I'm REALLY trying to stop. No one likes when someone talks as selfish as I think I do. >.<

Im not sure that its selfish so much as its self-defamation. Its never to late for education, ever. Just keep trying. Thats what its all about.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Mar 2021, 23:38

Nethack wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 23:33
Emotive Spirit wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 23:22

Im not sure that its selfish so much as its self-defamation. Its never to late for education, ever. Just keep trying. Thats what its all about.
Makes sense, but no matter what it's called I know people are put off by it. It might help if I had a better memory though too to avoid remembered habits like that.