Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 10 Mar 2021, 20:38

Pirate TimeLord wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 20:32
Oh yeah, that's all fine. I was meaning if I had moved/ If I move, then it'd affect things more, as no jobs in Scotland near my mum's house at the moment, and lockdown/etc.

Job in Leicester is all fine and such.
Just a shame Leicester is a literal shit-hole in every way. Glad you stayed around though cos we get to see you here
---

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 10 Mar 2021, 21:01

Indeed. But at least it's mostly central, which is one of the few benefits xD
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 10 Mar 2021, 21:11

Pirate TimeLord wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 21:01
Indeed. But at least it's mostly central, which is one of the few benefits xD
Wolverhampton aka Bilston is better. :p
---

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 10 Mar 2021, 22:56

Most places are better than Leicester overall xD

I would say I don't vanish without good reason... but forum wise I've done that a lot in recent years DX (Heck there was a several year absence I think at one point, even when I was helping with events, though to a lesser degree).

Also trying to think of content/ ideas for stuff to stream xD. It is very much an experimental thing. I don't play more popular games much TBH, and them multi-player games require more interaction with others than I do currently xD.

I mean the whole idea has grown rapidly, from buying the stream deck, mainly to use as a physical button box for Truck Sims I've been playing (could use an app, but wanted physical buttons, and better than keyboard). Now it's set up to control my lights, launch regular websites/games, show when twitch channels I follow are live, which opens to give buttons to open them, and so on xD. From looking into the basics on what the stream deck can do (outside streaming), youtube recommended a few streamers giving guides/advice on streaming and such, and it seemed interesting enough, and though complicated, less so than expected, so sort of thought I'd see about giving it a shot as an extra hobby (since I'm under no illusion I have a hope of making any money for years, if ever xD)
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 11 Mar 2021, 01:47

Yeah you never really disappear like that at least as long as I've known you here. You helped me a lot. :P my post got eaten.

Glad your doing good.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 11 Mar 2021, 02:13

I noticed your absence on Facebook when you’ve not seen the staff chats, was starting to wonder where you were. It’s good that the worry is mostly over now and maybe normal operations can resume soon :D (no pun intended, maybe :P )

Also do some timey wimey streams! I don’t know what that would involve but still :haha:

(Holy crap I’m on the forums)

ImmortalJed wrote:
I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse :P

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 11 Mar 2021, 05:28

Glad to hear you're okay, Kimi. :) I did wonder where you went. It sure is nice to hear from you. ^.^

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 11 Mar 2021, 11:58

Well at the moment, Will be doing American Truck Sim, or Euro Truck Sim 2 (though not played either in a few weeks, so am kinda crap and keep crashing/ swerving into other lanes/etc xD), Snowrunner and Cities: skylines. None of which are multi-player (Well snowrunner can be, but not got anyone to play with at the moment), nor probably great to watch xD (but can be chat streams too.) Cities one I'm toying with starting new map, and going to try and recreate Leicester (or at least the roads) as best I can with the game. Then see if traffic can be fixed.

Still need to think of image/ designs/etc. Going to have green screen partially behind me ( i.e. hanging from/in front of wardrobe, so it becomes a large green screen), so need to work that out, and what to put on it xD. (Pretty much a given I have to have worm-hole/ Dr-who-esque time vortex thing swirling behind at some points) Will be using my phone as face cam for now (since quality wise it seems to compare not too bad to budget cams, and not planning overly active cam stuff, so should be good enough).

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 11 Mar 2021, 19:16

Don't worry about what's popular - just play what makes you happy!!
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 11 Mar 2021, 20:48

Yeah. TBH I don't play a lot of the most popular games (LOL/ Apex/ etc) xD

Got some more stuff set up ( a little bit of acoustic foam panels to reduce echo a little, some at canvases to break it up (where it's in view), and the green screen fabric set up (for now - gonna be a case of moving it if/when I need into my wardrobe and such xD). Just need to work out what to use it with (ie free images/ work out ideas on things I can put onto that part). Of course I could leave it for now, and then my face cam sorta half ingrains into whatever is behind, so I could be half green screened into he game, which could work too.

I want to get some more canvases (and foam) to fill gaps now, but that's more money, and struggling to find ones in right size. (Basically needs to be 12" x 12" squares, to tile into the same size foam panels).

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 12 Mar 2021, 03:54

GraceMellody wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 19:16
Don't worry about what's popular - just play what makes you happy!!

YES

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 13 Mar 2021, 20:51

Okie dokie. After some 'fun' with sound settings, I think I'm getting there.

In theory the Elgato Wave 1 mic, and wave link software, should be a simple '1 stop' interface for controlling most/all audio levels, from different sources.
Sadly, in reality, not quite so much. I've managed to work around it for now, but would be nice if I could use the software as it was intended, instead of using it for part, but essentially having to bypass it for other inputs.
(If you try to play Spotify audio through Wave link, as background music in place of game music (streambeats (copyright free audio tracks made specifically to be used by streamers) pre-emptively in case of copyright issues with game audio) so it can control levels, it sounds fine in headphones/ monitor output. But when you record it (and thus if you streamed it), the music goes choppy, and interferes with game sound effects/ mic. But having it go into OBS itself (oddly enough, utilising the same input as if putting it in the wave link software, as in source is set to 'Wave link music', but using a desktop audio input on obs for that), it comes out fine in the test recordings.

So I can get Audio to work, but means a few more steps to adjust on the fly, as I have to switch out of one program and into another to adjust different things. Pity, as in theory it could have worked through a single program (and thus screen on my stream deck), instead of three screen changes to switch them xD)

Next main thing is to get some basic overlays/ alerts set up. Got ideas for stinger transition/ icons for alerts, but that's gonna take time to be made/money to commission (plus got to watch for copyright xD).

I mean, as Pirate timelord, I really should have some representation of the TARDIS (or rather a blue box that looks similar to, but due to copyright reasons isn't actually, a TARDIS), and a mini spinning sprite of that would only be an appropriate Subscriber alert icon, no? xD

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 13 Mar 2021, 23:30

Do you like to tinker with things? Or is this just a case of getting it to work right?

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 14 Mar 2021, 07:14

Bit of both. There are lots of tutorials and such, but most are from last year or earlier, and software has had a few updates since then, making large chunks not work the same way now.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 14 Mar 2021, 12:47

Hi