What Music Do You All Like And Why?

Where you can discuss music, movies, television, art and culture.

Moderators: Baul, Dalawless, gracie james

Naughty Kitty
Patient
Patient
United States of America

Post by Naughty Kitty » 03 Jan 2021, 10:59

Couldn't find a recent topic on this so why not a new one.  What kind of music are you into, why are you into it, songs, bands, genres, whatever you feel comfy sharing and discussing.   :)

melanch0lic
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 03 Jan 2021, 11:17

I will literally listen to music from any genre as it's nice to keep an open mind, but if I had to choose one favourite genre of mine it would be drum and bass for sure! I was kinda bought up on it so I developed a liking for it naturally, I love listening to it at raves and dancing for hours, there's nothing like it X3
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

gracie james
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by gracie james » 04 Jan 2021, 01:10

My favourite genre has to be kpop. I’m a huge dancer so being able to actually perform a dance whilst listening to music is a huge bop for me!! On the other hand, I’m a huge metal head and I love listening to metal, rock, pop punk, alternative etc. I’m very two sides of the same coin 😂😂 I love going to gigs (my best so far has to be All Time Low, You Me At Six, Busted) so I’m definitely a concert/gig lover, especially those you can head bang a little too!!
˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

❝ 𝘢 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵. 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘥𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘴𝘰. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘺 𝘴𝘰 𝘪'𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 ❞
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
⋆⋅ʚ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳 ɞ⋅⋆
𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 4 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬! 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴
*•.¸♡ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘭!!! ♡¸.•*
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘥 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘌𝘡 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦! 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 <33
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 05 Jan 2021, 20:05

At the moment I am a huge fan of cover songs that take a dance pop style :D I would listen to most things though, I wouldn't say I can place a finger on any artists that I listen to.

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 05 Jan 2021, 20:05

Can swing some songs your way if you want? Just to give you an idea of what I mean?

TheRedWarrior
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheRedWarrior » 05 Jan 2021, 20:23

I like old school music stuff. Old School rock and ballads. But I'm not that fussy about music.

:smoke::smoke:

Naughty Kitty
Patient
Patient
United States of America

Post by Naughty Kitty » 06 Jan 2021, 01:48

HeyitsLesbianCuddles wrote:
05 Jan 2021, 20:05
Can swing some songs your way if you want? Just to give you an idea of what I mean?
Oh of course you may and that goes for everyone else too feel free to add a list/links/whatever if any music you wish to share. *purr*

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 07 Jan 2021, 02:30

It's got to be power metal. Such an amazing feeling when you find that one perfect power metal band.

There's just something about the (typically fantasy) themes , the operatic vocals, the symphonic nature all that speaks to me on another level. They're also, for the most part incredibly uplifting and have some killer choruses. I'd say it's the perfect gateway into metal.

Blind Guardian are probably my favourite Power Metal band right now. Orden Ogan as a close second.
I'll find you...
I'll hunt you down
I'll be your final nightmare
I am the Gunman
I bring salvation on this day
Here comes the Gunman
You know that Vengeance is my name
Gunman - Orden Ogan

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 09 Jan 2021, 22:19

I quite like all genres to be honest. Alternative/Punk I like cause I am a rock girl at heart but I love a good remix too. I don't like to claim I'm a DJ but I have had compliments in the passed about my DJing at cons the best one was when I did London Anime Cons Rock Night in 2019 and the bar staff and manager of the SU said "who did the Rock Night as that was the best party" ^_^

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 09 Jan 2021, 22:35

Here is one of my most recent obsessions right now. Well... This is an example of one- remixed versions of my fave throwbacks :)

Emotive Spirit
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive Spirit » 10 Jan 2021, 09:56

Almost anything with screaming lyrics that can be understood. I can't understand the lyrics just means I can't listen to the music. Screamo seems to really be my mainstay so far when it comes to the kind of music I like. Then there's bands like Chevelle, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Saint Asonia. When I'm wanting to scream though I tend to listen to heavier stuff like Demon Hunter, DevilDriver, Lamb Of God, but I haven't really felt like blaring some screaming lyrics like Lamb Of God in a long while though. Just fairly recently discovered Breaking Benjamin, Red, Chevelle, Three Days Grace, and Saint Asonia and have listened to them most of the time. I'm not really sure what genre those bands I just mentioned are though.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 11 Jan 2021, 22:03

Emotive Spirit wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 09:56
Almost anything with screaming lyrics that can be understood. I can't understand the lyrics just means I can't listen to the music. Screamo seems to really be my mainstay so far when it comes to the kind of music I like. Then there's bands like Chevelle, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Red, Saint Asonia. When I'm wanting to scream though I tend to listen to heavier stuff like Demon Hunter, DevilDriver, Lamb Of God, but I haven't really felt like blaring some screaming lyrics like Lamb Of God in a long while though. Just fairly recently discovered Breaking Benjamin, Red, Chevelle, Three Days Grace, and Saint Asonia and have listened to them most of the time. I'm not really sure what genre those bands I just mentioned are though.

I'd reccomend Wintersun a try. More Symphonic Death than screamo but it's pretty close. Give Beautiful Death or Time a try.

Time sounds phenomenal. But Beautiful Death is heavier.
I'll find you...
I'll hunt you down
I am the Gunman
Here comes the Gunman
Gunman - Orden Ogan

Emotive Spirit
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive Spirit » 11 Jan 2021, 22:12

Baul wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 22:03
Emotive Spirit wrote:

I'd reccomend Wintersun a try. More Symphonic Death than screamo but it's pretty close. Give Beautiful Death or Time a try.

Thanks for the recommendation! :dance: I'll have to listen a little later but I did add them to my YouTube Music playlist so I will listen to them here shortly. Thank you though because I haven't really been able to find any scream-y type bands with lyrics I can understand outside of the bands I mentioned before for a long while so I really appreciate the recommendation.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 11 Jan 2021, 22:21

Emotive Spirit wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 22:12
Baul wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 22:03
Emotive Spirit wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation! :dance: I'll have to listen a little later but I did add them to my YouTube Music playlist so I will listen to them here shortly. Thank you though because I haven't really been able to find any scream-y type bands with lyrics I can understand outside of the bands I mentioned before for a long while so I really appreciate the recommendation.

No problem! I don't think you'll have much of a problem understanding them. I can understand them well enough and I'm not much of a screamo guy. Wintersun's the closest I'll get to it.
I'll find you...
I'll hunt you down
I am the Gunman
Here comes the Gunman
Gunman - Orden Ogan

Sadaku
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Sadaku » 12 Jan 2021, 13:56

All kinds. Just if the song is good and stuff.