An Old Hello

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Teeny, Ttosk, Wheely Sweet

Super_V
United States of America

Achievements

An Old Hello

Post by Super_V » 08 Jan 2021, 20:23

Hello AL!  An old forum-goer (though new to AL) returns, looking for a social outlet.

I was an avid forum user on a few sites anime/DBZ forums years ago (10? ouch, closer to 20...), and decided to attempt to look back into them. I was never active on AL (eye join date... :sweatdrop:), but I remembered it being talked about on other sites in the early 2000's and surprised it was still active!

Anywho, I use to be HUGE into graphics (even dusted off PS for a new sig I'm moderately okay with) but I doubt I'll be as active as I use to be again. I'm also starting to reintroduce anime and manga in my life, as I've wandered away from it for a number of years. I also am a fan of tokusatsu, and I've dabbled in learning Japanese a few times. My main interest is in J-Rock though, which I HAVE tried to keep current with over the years. Non-nerdy stuff - I'm a musician and I enjoyed traveling pre-apocolypse.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

An Old Hello

Post by LikkleMel » 08 Jan 2021, 20:28

Super_V wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 20:23
Hello AL! An old forum-goer (though new to AL) returns, looking for a social outlet.

I was an avid forum user on a few sites anime/DBZ forums years ago (10? ouch, closer to 20...), and decided to attempt to look back into them. I was never active on AL (eye join date... :sweatdrop:), but I remembered it being talked about on other sites in the early 2000's and surprised it was still active!

Anywho, I use to be HUGE into graphics (even dusted off PS for a new sig I'm moderately okay with) but I doubt I'll be as active as I use to be again. I'm also starting to reintroduce anime and manga in my life, as I've wandered away from it for a number of years. I also am a fan of tokusatsu, and I've dabbled in learning Japanese a few times. My main interest is in J-Rock though, which I HAVE tried to keep current with over the years. Non-nerdy stuff - I'm a musician and I enjoyed traveling pre-apocolypse.

Hi there! Welcome :D

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Heyitsdaddyk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

An Old Hello

Post by Heyitsdaddyk » 08 Jan 2021, 20:29

Hello! Welcome to AL :D Dont mind me with the username, you can call me Lauren :) Feel free to add me, some say hi on chat etc!

Naughty Kitty
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

An Old Hello

Post by Naughty Kitty » 08 Jan 2021, 20:32

Hiyas and welcome to AL, Super_V. A lot of us were around for that early 2000 era (not all of course but a fair number of us). Yes AL has managed to survive for various reasons, and has provided a continued haven for anime fans young and old.

What sort of musician if you don't mind me asking, and what was one of your favorite places that you traveled to?

Welcome again! :)

Teeny
Veteran Member
Great Britain

An Old Hello

Post by Teeny » 08 Jan 2021, 20:38

Welcome to the forum! :dance:
Hope you will enjoy it here with us :D
Which animes and mangas do you enjoy?

Super_V
United States of America

Achievements

An Old Hello

Post by Super_V » 08 Jan 2021, 20:47

Naughty Kitty wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 20:32
A lot of us were around for that early 2000 era (not all of course but a fair number of us).
Now I don't feel so old! (I remember when being over 20 on the internet was like being a geezer...) I was mostly active on the DBZ-Fan, later Omni-Fan, forums where I first heard of AL. I believe Freesaiyan(?) was known over there before I joined. I also frequented DBZGT Legacy before AND after their forums split, along with countless hours on AIM and MSN. Good times, great memories.
Naughty Kitty wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 20:32
What sort of musician if you don't mind me asking, and what was one of your favorite places that you traveled to?
My primary instrument is Euphonium, though I also play guitar, trombone, and bass guitar. I mostly teach lessons these days, but I also do local musicals and freelance gigs when they come up.

Some of my favorite places were Dresden, Germany (did a 3 month long practicum there), Tokyo, Japan (as a college graduation celebration), and Machu Picchu, Peru (honeymoon there and a few other small cities nearby).

Naughty Kitty
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

An Old Hello

Post by Naughty Kitty » 08 Jan 2021, 20:52

Yep Freesaiyan is still here, only now he's Ferefire, for sure I remember those days and AIM and MSN fondly. I'd love to hear you play sometime, maybe if you're up for sharing on a stream or something? You've been to some lovely places I'm glad you got a chance to see some of the world's beauty before things got crazy. Welcome again. :)

Super_V
United States of America

Achievements

An Old Hello

Post by Super_V » 08 Jan 2021, 20:52

Teeny wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 20:38
Which animes and mangas do you enjoy?
Classics include: Cowboy Bebop, Beck MCS, Parasyte (read the original MixxZine printing), and Rave Master. (most likely more I'm forgetting)

New stuff: Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, and I'm really looking forward to starting the new Digimon Adventures series.

weeabooweegee
Veteran Member
Great Britain

An Old Hello

Post by weeabooweegee » 08 Jan 2021, 21:31

Super_V wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 20:23
Hello AL! An old forum-goer (though new to AL) returns, looking for a social outlet.

Hope you enjoy your time here @Super_V!

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

An Old Hello

Post by Wheely Sweet » 08 Jan 2021, 22:53

Hi and welcome back @Super_V :)

That was a great intro!

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or you want to chat. I hope you enjoy it here this time :)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Formerly IkkleGemz. Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant
Come say hi in Entrance Lounge and join in our events! || My Journal 
|| All art by Catacombs

Ttosk
Veteran Member
Canada

An Old Hello

Post by Ttosk » 09 Jan 2021, 01:15

Welcome to Anime League @Super_V. We have been here a long time and I am sure will be here for a long time in the future. If you need anythong ot just want to talk can me a PM anytime.

Keilonrich22
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

An Old Hello

Post by Keilonrich22 » 14 Jan 2021, 10:02

Hey nice having you since your watching more new stuff I would like to recommend jujutsu kaisen and tower of god try them if you get the chance.
Keilonrich22
Master Otaku  Image

Heyitsdaddyk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

An Old Hello

Post by Heyitsdaddyk » 14 Jan 2021, 12:46

I second Tower of God! :D