Phasmophobia

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by GraceMellody » 21 Nov 2020, 18:51

Okay i'll admit, I don't actually know much about this game, but I see multiple Steam notifs a day saying people are playing it! Someone fill me in - what's it like??
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Phasmophobia

Post by Biggkenny » 22 Nov 2020, 11:02

I had a light look on steam last night and it looks like you follow clues about what kind of thing is haunting the place, and you need to track it down. My brother said it has a sanity meter. It looks like it could be pretty scary in VR

~Biggkenny~

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 22 Nov 2020, 14:05

Woooo! Was wondering if we already have a thread on this! I play it every so often and I watch my dad play sometimes. I personally think its quite spooky! You go into houses (mainly, there are high school setting and an asylum) and collect evidence to figure out what type of ghost is haunting said place you are investigating. I love the unpredictability of it as scary as it is for me- I am super scared of not knowing whats to come but thats the joy of it. You get ghosts flickering lights, setting off a car alarm, making the phone ring you name it. Its still in its early stages I think and there are things that need fixing but it seems a lot better now compared to its initial release which is always good to see :)

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by GraceMellody » 23 Nov 2020, 19:06

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 14:05
Woooo! Was wondering if we already have a thread on this! I play it every so often and I watch my dad play sometimes. I personally think its quite spooky! You go into houses (mainly, there are high school setting and an asylum) and collect evidence to figure out what type of ghost is haunting said place you are investigating. I love the unpredictability of it as scary as it is for me- I am super scared of not knowing whats to come but thats the joy of it. You get ghosts flickering lights, setting off a car alarm, making the phone ring you name it. Its still in its early stages I think and there are things that need fixing but it seems a lot better now compared to its initial release which is always good to see :)
You should stream it ;P
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 23 Nov 2020, 21:36

Cant stream on twitch as such because ive tried streaming before and its just really laggy- would rather wait till I get a new pc or something as my laptop is really suitable for streaming:( Not sure if streaming on discord will make a difference

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 29 Nov 2020, 20:21

If anyone wants more info on the game, its one of those things where the more you play the less worse it feels and you get used to the idea that a completely hostile ghost could totally snap your neck off any moment.

I still have the experience of getting killed by a ghost yet to come but I have come face to face with a couple and the last one didnt phase me at all (typical I forgot the camera to take a pic of it too)

Lauren
VG mod

softnlil
Pink Member
Pink Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Phasmophobia

Post by softnlil » 01 Dec 2020, 14:58

i've seen so many people play this game and i've really wanted to get into it xD i've watched a few people play it but i always tune in mid game so i get confused on what is happening xD
˱ 𓈒 𓈊 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈉 ┈ 𓈒 ┈ 𓈊 𓈒 ˲

⋆⋅ʚ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘳 ɞ⋅⋆
𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 4 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬! 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴
*•.¸♡ 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘭!!! ♡¸.•*
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘻𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘥 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘌𝘡 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦! 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 <33
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 01 Dec 2020, 15:48

Id reccomend you browse around on Youtube for a tutorial rather than actually using the games tutorial if you plan on learning about the game. The tutorial is ok but unless its been patched its sometimes buggy and not a true representation of the real thing. Plus it doesnt give you as near enough handy tips than if you was to just go out and do it yourself. The tutorial just skims over everything and for what the game is you would need a lot more info to help you

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 03 Dec 2020, 20:30

First high school level, lets do this lads!

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 06 Dec 2020, 22:27

Triggered the hunting phase for the first time christ that was tense! OwO

Lauren
VG mod

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Phasmophobia

Post by Biggkenny » 07 Dec 2020, 11:27

I saw a group of my friends triggering that a few times and it looked pretty scary (because one of them was really into it and got so panicked). It ended up being a demon in the house. One of them was trolling though and ended up getting one of the guys killed.

~Biggkenny~

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 07 Dec 2020, 11:48

Yeah it was a demon that was hunting too but I thought it was a Yurei because of how quickly my sanity drained. I only needed one more bit of evidence but dare not go back in the house lol. Plus spirit box wasnt working properly for me so I didnt want to risk it XD

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 07 Dec 2020, 21:04

Done my first intermediate map, lets gooooo :D

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Dec 2020, 23:00

Would anyone be interested in playing Phas with me in the future at some point? Never played with others but I feel like that would be cool :)

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Phasmophobia

Post by LilMissLarBear » 12 Dec 2020, 22:13

Playing phas atm and I just noticed cool little change that theyve made. Im not sure if its the case for all ghosts but I managed to get child ghost to manifest and it started playing music in the background (like a piano tune???) this was in place of the heartbeat that would usually occur if you got the ghost to manifest. Not sure if it had anything to do with the ghost being a child and thus getting some creepy music going lol. Anyway... Thought that was a cool touch

Oh, and it was my first revenant... The fact it took some pissing off to get the evidence, made that an awful experience. Good job I had a hiding spot in mind otherwise if I was hunted I most likely would have been dead...

Lauren
VG mod