Cyberpunk 2077

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Dec 2020, 23:51

So after waiting through what felt like a million postponements - this is finally out! Has anybody played it? I’ve heard that people aren’t too happy about it
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by lolin » 09 Dec 2020, 23:56

I'll probably skip it for now. There's... a lot of dissonance about the game and how it deals with issues. Not to mention the seizure scenes.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Dec 2020, 23:57

Falalalalalalalolin wrote:
09 Dec 2020, 23:56
I'll probably skip it for now. There's... a lot of dissonance about the game and how it deals with issues. Not to mention the seizure scenes.
oh god yeah I forgot about the whole seizure thing!! From what I read it looks like the game does have warnings but the review copies didn’t? Not sure how accurate that is though
@MelodiqueArt

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 10 Dec 2020, 01:52

Playing it since the moment it released in UK. There is a clear epilepsy warning when the game loads up.
You could also pre download patches before the release at midnight which included a bucket load of bug fixes.
As for the gameplay it's brilliant, the aesthetic and the story so far is fantastic. I'm only 1 HR 45 mins in but haven't found a bug yet I'll do a proper review once I'm 12+ hours in.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Beerkeg » 10 Dec 2020, 07:48

Yeah I'm gonna wait a few months for proper reviews coming out. I don't trust the fanboys hyping the game. So far the only argument that keeps getting thrown around is "Well it has to be good because CDPR is making it", but they are not exempt from making a bad game.

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Biggkenny » 10 Dec 2020, 08:41

I'm a bit game starved right now so I got the game. I'll be trying it later but I seem to be a rare case of someone getting the game immediately but not being hyped for it at all. I'll have to wait til after work to play it though. I'm hoping there's a lot of freedom

~Biggkenny~

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by LikkleMel » 10 Dec 2020, 17:55

It looks cool don't get me wrong but I'm not as hyped as some people are. I may watch a few clips and see what I think, I just kinda don't want to splash out on a game that doesn't fully interest me when I can spend £20 on a game from a Studio I really like that has just released a new game
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 10 Dec 2020, 20:10

Beerkeg wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 07:48
Yeah I'm gonna wait a few months for proper reviews coming out. I don't trust the fanboys hyping the game. So far the only argument that keeps getting thrown around is "Well it has to be good because CDPR is making it", but they are not exempt from making a bad game.

I'm now 10 hours or so in and I can say it's a good game. I have found a few graphical issues some of the textures look dated and there's clipping issues here and there, oh and it's crashed my Xbox twice. However the story is engrossing and well written, the gameplay and combat mechanics are fun. The current gen versions need some big patches to fix the bugs but I can honestly say the game is really fun to play and I'm not a CDPR fanboy, I've only played Witcher 3 half way through and it's just meh imo.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Biggkenny » 10 Dec 2020, 20:22

So I was just driving along....
  Spoiler:  

And it's checkpointed here too so I have to load an old save!

~Biggkenny~

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 10 Dec 2020, 20:26

Biggkenny wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 20:22
  Spoiler:  

Yikes what platform?

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by GraceMellody » 10 Dec 2020, 23:33

Man hate it when that happens
@MelodiqueArt

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Biggkenny » 11 Dec 2020, 10:43

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 20:26
Yikes what platform?
PC. I think it needed a few more months in the oven.

Geforce now seems to play it really well though, DLSS seems to be a major deal

~Biggkenny~

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by LikkleMel » 11 Dec 2020, 21:48

Biggkenny wrote:
10 Dec 2020, 20:22
  Spoiler:  

oofff remind me of Batman Arkham Knight when I checkpointed and had to do the WHOLE MISSON AGAIN!
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by LilMissLarBear » 11 Dec 2020, 23:05

Dont know if its just me but I feel more inclined to be on the critical side when watching the game because of the many postponements they had. Idk I just feel like that would have given them plenty of time to iron nearly everything out before release.

I do not plan on going out of my way to buy it at all but I have seen bits and pieces of playthroughs to see what it looks like.

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 12 Dec 2020, 02:15

AbominablesnowLauren wrote:
11 Dec 2020, 23:05
Dont know if its just me but I feel more inclined to be on the critical side when watching the game because of the many postponements they had. Idk I just feel like that would have given them plenty of time to iron nearly everything out before release.

I do not plan on going out of my way to buy it at all but I have seen bits and pieces of playthroughs to see what it looks like.

It's almost impossible to ensure every single possible bug/glitch on every platform etc is found and patched before the release of a game. Player test servers and groups are considerably smaller than the 8million plus people who bought Cyberpunk. On the one hand I agree, delaying the game should have meant we got a smooth gaming experience at launch, but the shear size and scope of games today means that there will be multiple instances that developers over look or won't come across until more people on different systems and platforms play through the game. The fact is many developer are not given sufficient time and/or resources to release a 100% complete and polished product. Often publishers force games to be released before they are ready to meet financial quotas, plus the almost infinite number of issues that can arise when the game is being built means more often than not AAA games are a bug riddled mess and require multiple patches and updates to bring the game up to the standard that the developer envisioned.