Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 21:34

Well, only if that was the sole item I went to purchase (which it would be to be honest at this time xD)
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Nov 2020, 21:43

Oh. What else do they have? What kinda shop are they?

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 21:54

Tesco is a Supermarket. One of the main competitors to Asda/Walmart. But the one nearest me is a petrol/ filling station one, so much smaller range of food/drink.
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Nov 2020, 22:00

I haven't heard of either of those but a competitor (and one of the main ones at that) to Walmart does put it in a scope I can appreciate how big it is. Our gas stations have some tasty treats but aren't really much competition for Walmart over here. ^^;

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 22:04

Asda basically is Walmart here ( They had a merger in the UK a few years back, with Walmart buying into Asda but I think Asda are buying out Walmart again, to return to being a sole owner of the chain).

The Tesco 'Express' (as they call the gas station ones) are scaled down, but generally cover most ranges of essentials, plus some sweet options. Quite a good range of fruit/veg, meat, dairy, eggs, dry good, frozen/chilled foods/desserts, and biscuits (cookies) sweets/drinks/etc.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Nov 2020, 22:09

Everyone always trying to buy someone out, no matter where it is. Or at least that's what it seems like. >< Gets depressing to see after a while if you think too much about it.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 22:12

Indeed.

Think Happy thoughts...

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Nov 2020, 22:47

X3 I could just cuddle up with kitties forever~ SO CUUUUUUTE!!!!

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 22:48

I'd love a kitty, but don't have spare funds to look after them. Nor is it fair for them to be stuck inside a tiny room all day every day (as I live in a bedsit, on second floor, so no garden/ outside access)

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Nov 2020, 22:54

That's tragic. :( You should have a kitty. It gets depressing being by yourself.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 22:59

One of the reasons I'd like a kitty tbh. But I'd need to move, and that's expensive.

Ideally I'd like to move somewhere with a garage, or at least a drive, so I could have somewhere to work on my car at home, rather than having to drive 5 miles to work (the supermarket carpark where I work is where I do my car stuff, as it's level). At home I have to park at an angle (half on/ half off the pavement (sidewalk), and often on the slop of the hill, so not ideal for lifting the car and working on it and such xD

Plus it's fun driving 5 miles, getting car jacked up, then realising you've left a needed tool/ part back home, so can't do what you needed to do xD

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Nov 2020, 23:04

I don't see how that's fun. XD Somehow there's this visual of your car rolling down the hill after you've set it up and everything. lol Don't ask me how, it's just what I see. XD

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 23:18

He Heh.

Hence why me not doing it on the hill xD

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Nov 2020, 23:24

lol Good call. Sucks that you have to park half and half like that though. Does the underside of the car ever scrape against anything when you do?

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 23:29

Nah, it's not a very high curb. (He says remembering the second day of owning the car he dented the steel wheel parking it on the curb xP.)

If done right it's fine, just need to be slow, and have the wheels heading straight on. I curbed the wheel second day, as the bit I was parking on looked low enough (about 3 inches), but the leaves, because it was autumn, were hiding the fact it was actually 6 inches at that spot (due to road being slightly uneven there). I tried to abort too late, and caught the rim of the wheel on the curb. It was a titanic moment - if I'd carried on I would have been fin, but turned too late to avoid it)

If you don't park half on/half off, road is blocked to all traffic, since cars park both sides (as it's mostly flats, with at least half the occupants in each building having cars, and no nearby 'proper' parking).