What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Nov 2020, 11:41

To be fair, I didnt realise you could attack on its back so I'm glad you pointed that out- did a lot more damage than what I was already doing XD i thought it was only the front that was the sweet spot. Originally I was just hacking away at the front and backing off as soon as I did one hit on him or else I would leg to the face lol

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Nov 2020, 13:39

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 11:39
Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 10:54
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 10:13

Yeah he is a pain, still haven't beaten him but I feel like I am getting closer with it! And no I haven't switched yet, should I?
Well, idk, but you can't switch back to Normal when you do. If you don't then you get to progress to the next difficulty level by loading your game clear data but if you switch over to the easy automatic you're stuck on it. So, stay the course unless you just plan to beat it once. Did Nintendo add some achievements to those versions?

Phantom hint btw: jump onto his back and use Alastor to slash at his vulnerable spider butt towards his tail but jump off after a few strikes. When he's still and his mouth is getting bright, use Stinger to close the distance to his mouth and start hacking away because then he won't launch that magma at you (and I think he takes a little damage too). When he leaps into the air, just start back jumping as far as you can from him. When he makes those columns of lava shoot up from the ground just run, don't do the rolls because they get you sooner or later if you start side rolling away from them. And a little bit of luck doesn't hurt either. ^^

YES I've done it! Only just as well XD jumping on the back deffo helped, thanks! It took me quite a few attempts haha
Oh, I knew it did damage but didn't remember how much. It's kewl that it did more tho! lol It does get frustrating when you try to get on his back and miss. I forgot to say to use Helm Breaker when it looks like you'll miss landing on his back and you'll still damage him even if you don't land on his back. ^^; My bad but I'm glad ya didn't need that edge! :D It's really satisfying when you beat a frustrating boss like that too. lol Glad I could help. :D I've played it recently so it was fresh in my mind. XD Lucky timing. You could keep collecting 500 Red Orbs after you defeat him too in a save, then reset the mission to get more Alastor skills. I always do but idk, sounds like you might just enjoy not having to deal with him for now. XD Til he chases you down that hall at some point. He does that a lot, which is annoying too. You get 500 Red Orbs if you can kill him though! You can knock back his mouth blast of magma by attacking with Alastor at just the right timing. Or Stinger with the right timing. Helps to combo him after his mouth starts to glow in the halls when he traps you (though you can bypass it by walking into a nearby door for a potential lesser Mission Rank). It's better to use that Save option a lot then Reset to get a lot of Red Orbs. But that's like my little method idk if anyone else really does that. ^^; Good to know nostalgia can help others too sometimes. XD

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 17 Nov 2020, 15:24

Beerkeg wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 09:53
Baul wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 06:18
Giving Path of Exile another go. Each time I complete act 1 go a bit further and drop off despite enjoying the game.

Hopefully I can at least reach endgame/finish act 10 this time around.

I have pretty much the same issue with PoE... I'll sit down and play for a weekend, finish act 3 and then just get bored with it.

Yeah, I dont know why it happens. It's a good game.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 18 Nov 2020, 00:22

replaying skyrim but this time i've shelled out 140 something gigs for graphical upticks and bug fixes via the amazing platform wabbajack

beat dark bro hood already, good gear for me because i'm literally unable to play the game if i can't be a stealth archer :>

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Nov 2020, 01:12

Lolin wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 00:22
replaying skyrim but this time i've shelled out 140 something gigs for graphical upticks and bug fixes via the amazing platform wabbajack

beat dark bro hood already, good gear for me because i'm literally unable to play the game if i can't be a stealth archer :>
Which Skyrim?

Ali-Renegade
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ali-Renegade » 18 Nov 2020, 03:12

Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 03:29
Ali-Renegade wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 01:54
About to start Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PC with all the DLC for the first time ever
Is that the one with the greek ancestor?

Yes it is, it's one of my favourites, the 2 pirate ones were great but they weren't the best, Assassin's Creed 3 was insane, Syndicate was a nice change of pace allowing us to explore part of London from the perspective of 2 young and unorthodox assassins and then Origins was amazing where it let us explore the entirety of Egypt and see how the assassin brotherhood began
*VTuber - Cookies and Cream Bunny*
*Semi Famous Metaverse Musician*
*Psychology Graduate and Computer Science Enthusiast*
*Game Designer*

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Nov 2020, 04:43

Ali-Renegade wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 03:12
Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 03:29
Ali-Renegade wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 01:54
About to start Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PC with all the DLC for the first time ever
Is that the one with the greek ancestor?

Yes it is, it's one of my favourites, the 2 pirate ones were great but they weren't the best, Assassin's Creed 3 was insane, Syndicate was a nice change of pace allowing us to explore part of London from the perspective of 2 young and unorthodox assassins and then Origins was amazing where it let us explore the entirety of Egypt and see how the assassin brotherhood began
I've got Origins but the whole thing was just so expansive and immersive I just never really got too far in the story. I was too busy hunting animals and collecting the materials... to upgrade the equipment? It's been a while, so I've forgotten what those materials were used for but I did a lot of collecting stuff. Kept stealing from that group in the desert near that oasis with the trees too when I saw them. lol Bought some kewl DLC for it. I need to get back to collecting the AC games. I think I only need 3 or 4, including Odyssey. How is it btw?

Argent
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Argent » 18 Nov 2020, 07:58

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 18 Nov 2020, 08:16

Argent wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 07:58
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
How are you finding that game? I'll wait a long time until it goes on a bit of an offer before I get it, but it looked alright from what I saw.

~Biggkenny~

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 18 Nov 2020, 16:01

Lolin wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 00:22

Stealth Archer is the default method of playing Skyrim surely?
Come sing along with me

3DS Friend Code: 4983-6223-5296
Switch Nintendo Network ID: Lloydiboy
SW 7675-3547-3883

PM me to add me and I will add you back :)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 20 Nov 2020, 09:10

Still chipping away at DMC, im on mission 7 now which seems like a bit of a pain :/ even worse I have found a secret mission and it seems I cant just progress through the map (guessing the secret mission is a compulsory thing before I can be let through?)

Lauren
VG mod

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Nov 2020, 16:11

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 09:10
Still chipping away at DMC, im on mission 7 now which seems like a bit of a pain :/ even worse I have found a secret mission and it seems I cant just progress through the map (guessing the secret mission is a compulsory thing before I can be let through?)
I found this strategy for that Secret Mission: Strategy: Keep jumping in and out between the two Kyklops to bait them into spewing rocks at each other. Try to linger for *just* long enough to make sure that the rock attack hits the other Kyklop, as, if you jump away immediately, the Kyklop will turn away from its mate to track your position instead. DT whenever you have it. Don't use guns or melee attacks of any kind, as you will automatically fail. Try to stick to the corner with the blue door, as that way you can see both Kyklops. If one or both of them go on a jumping spree, run and jump until it's over (Air Hike is a big help here), then get back to baiting them into spewing rocks at each other again. As soon as one Kyklop has died, collect the blue orb and exit.

But I don't think it's a mandatory Secret Mission. I don't think any of them are really required. And btw you can just exit through a nearby door to bypass Phantom's cat-and-mouse chases, but if you can beat him you get 500 Red Orbs.

And here's to avoid the Secret Mission if it gets too frustrating (perfectly understandable, even I bypassed it at first XD )

Mission 7 begins after Dante has just added the Guiding Light to his item
collection. Your goal is to bring this key to the sun inscription in the
Castellan Bedroom before the Guiding Light drains Dante's life. Slowly, but
surely it is. Start backtracking and head back to the lion head door you came
from. The door is protected by three Sin Scythes that will attack from
behind. They're rather tough; just don't let them hurt Dante, or it'll
shorten the time you have. Must I always tell you to check the Enemies & Boss
Encyclopedia every time there is a new enemy? I guess so. See the Enemies &
Boss Encyclopedia for details on how to scrunch up this bunch. Or you can use
the shotgun and go trigger-happy.

====== OPEN A NEW PATH ======

Strike the dial to activate the elevator and ride it up. Descend back into
the bedroom, then use the Guiding Light in the appropriate place. You end
the mission, but you don't immediately kick into the next mission. Instead,
there's a little intermission that allows you to take your time and complete
some things you've neglected to do before.

You find yourself on an overhang high above the main entrance hall. Jumping
across the gap and going through the other door initiates Mission 8, but you
don't want to do that yet unless you're prepared.

-Also, at the Staircase you can just go through the door to avoid fighting those Marionettes/Bloody Marys. I always end up doing that.

(Taken from https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/44510 ... faqs/14361 )
(Secret Mission info taken from https://www.devils-lair.org/dmc1secretmission.php ) -it's just a DMC site, so don't be wary of the site name. lol

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 20 Nov 2020, 17:07

Android Spirit wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 16:11
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
I found this strategy for that Secret Mission: Strategy: Keep jumping in and out between the two Kyklops to bait them into spewing rocks at each other. Try to linger for *just* long enough to make sure that the rock attack hits the other Kyklop, as, if you jump away immediately, the Kyklop will turn away from its mate to track your position instead. DT whenever you have it. Don't use guns or melee attacks of any kind, as you will automatically fail. Try to stick to the corner with the blue door, as that way you can see both Kyklops. If one or both of them go on a jumping spree, run and jump until it's over (Air Hike is a big help here), then get back to baiting them into spewing rocks at each other again. As soon as one Kyklop has died, collect the blue orb and exit.

But I don't think it's a mandatory Secret Mission. I don't think any of them are really required. And btw you can just exit through a nearby door to bypass Phantom's cat-and-mouse chases, but if you can beat him you get 500 Red Orbs.

And here's to avoid the Secret Mission if it gets too frustrating (perfectly understandable, even I bypassed it at first XD )

-Also, at the Staircase you can just go through the door to avoid fighting those Marionettes/Bloody Marys. I always end up doing that.

(Secret Mission info taken from https://www.devils-lair.org/dmc1secretmission.php ) -it's just a DMC site, so don't be wary of the site name. lol

Awesome thanks! I worked out that I didnt need to be chased by Phantom even though that took me long enough to work out lol saying that i had to start again once and I missed the door one time while Phantom was chasing but I escaped anyway XD

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 20 Nov 2020, 17:16

Ok lol im so stupid i must have messed up somewhere because last time the door was blocked off but I guess it was because I didnt kill everything (minus the secret mission bosses) on that floor. Mission 7 is now done! Where it said "but you dont want to do that yet unless you're prepared" makes me feel very nervous lol

Lauren
VG mod

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Nov 2020, 19:15

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 17:07
Android Spirit wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 16:11
Heyitslaurenk wrote:

Awesome thanks! I worked out that I didnt need to be chased by Phantom even though that took me long enough to work out lol saying that i had to start again once and I missed the door one time while Phantom was chasing but I escaped anyway XD
lol Did he get in a few magma mouth blasts off before you found the door? I think it was my step-brother that showed me it was actually possible to kill him when he just got tired of running and experimented. XD It is pretty annoying after a lot of being chased and trapped by Lava Brain >< Or at least when seems to be trapped a lot of the time. XD
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 17:16
Ok lol im so stupid i must have messed up somewhere because last time the door was blocked off but I guess it was because I didnt kill everything (minus the secret mission bosses) on that floor. Mission 7 is now done! Where it said "but you dont want to do that yet unless you're prepared" makes me feel very nervous lol
It does get interesting though. I liked that you could move inbetween Missions even though it was to get from one door to another it was still kewl. They didn't do that in the later ones. Good luck in Mission 8! :D I think that's where you finally confront Phantom but I could be wrong. I've been killing him in the first encounter after acquiring the Pride of Lion to rack up Red Orbs and get all Alastor skills and Blue/Purple Orbs. XD Kinda gets repetitive but it's a system I've been doing to get prepped as early as possible. lol 500 Red Orbs after he melts into the ground and takes off makes it totally worth it. ^^