Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Nov 2020, 18:26

lol Parents insist on a lot sometimes. XD For the better or the worse. lol

Yeah, that's probably the bad thing I can see about it. The inability to see your loved ones that you might not be living with. Being disabled I live with my parents which are the only family I care about as the rest of the "family" has all but thrown us to the wolves. I've since disowned them and flat-out ignored their existence after a visceral, soul-deep level of betrayal from them. So, my parents have always been there and are the only family I need. Unfortunately not everyone is able to live with the ones they love though which is heartbreaking when the lockdowns are in place. :( Hopefully you'll be able to see them soon, bearing gifts possibly. ^^

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 19 Nov 2020, 08:20

Well current rumours around here, are that they plan to extend this lockdown by 2 extra weeks, then unlock for Christmas (as most people are more than likely going to ignore it to be with family, regardless of consequences). But then they're saying for every day they 'unlock' over xmas, it'll mean 5 days of stricter lockdown in January.

It does, and doesn't make sense. If people ignore it over xmas, they'll likely just start ignoring it forever after that, so from that view, it's understandable to have it so people aren't actually ignoring it then.

But as someone said (Actually, I think Piers Morgan, of all people - scary how much of what he says is now actually sensible and relatively 'good' thoughts, compared to how much of a cockwomble he used to be) - Why should we get one / 'our' holiday (xmas) allowed through lockdown, when so many other festivals/etc from other religions/cultures were forced to be abandoned/ blocked/ etc?
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Nov 2020, 08:41

That's a valid point. Christmas isn't a once-in-a-lifetime gathering where we only do it one time and then we never do it again. If they allow people to meet their families on Christmas it's a potential death sentence, but not just for the family members they're going/planning to meet either but for themselves too. I don't understand and even though I'm more of a misanthropist than anything it's still disappointing how people are being regarding the anti-maskers and the opportunists taking advantage of all the chaos that's happening. I don't know why but it's heart breaking to see people just... like they're being. Maybe I wasn't as much of a misanthropist as I thought but I never thought in the 21st century people would be going crazy like this.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 19 Nov 2020, 13:10

Eep.

Quote/ Estimate for the car lock repairs.

Just over £1500. :( (A little over half the value of my car X( )

(£510 labour charge, £333 and abit for the actual new locks/ ignition barrel/ keys and ecu to operate the central locking, £175 for programming the keys/ immobiliser and £250 for cost of repairing and repainting both doors (even though the damage is only a tiny bit around the actual locks themselves DX), then £300 in VAT :/

And my insurance I don't think will cover it, as the issue was caused back at the end of July, but I can only make claims as far back as 24th October.

Shuffling money around to maximise efficiency/ use of interest free terms on credit cards...
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Nov 2020, 18:25

Man, that's pricey. o.o; Sucks that insurance might not cover it. Maybe if you explain it to them on the phone you'll get some leniency?

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 19 Nov 2020, 18:58

Can't speak to them on the phone. Because of covid, and them having limited staff, they only answer/ will speak on the phone to those needing immediate help (ie those calling from the scene of an accident they are in). And I can't find a webchat for general asking, only online options are to submit a claim, which as above, I can't do as far back as the date of the actual damage. :/

Waiting on credit card balances to transfer, then hopefully should be able to do it and use a 0% interest plan on card.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Nov 2020, 19:06

At least there's the 0% interest plan option. Sorry to hear that they can't be called though. :( Usually the human element can really come through for you so that's a shame. ><

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 20 Nov 2020, 21:14

*slams fists* I WANT THE ORANGE HOT CHOCOLATE
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 16:28

Any Tesco cafe's near you? Most are open for takeaway.

Or Costa, for the branded version?

Or.. make your own? Buy chocolate oranges, warm milk and stick in a load of the orange choc segments to melt, mix well, and drink. :) (Best done on a hob, keeping stirring so it doesn't form a skin, or you can microwave in 30 sec bursts, giving good stirs)

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 19:07

I want chocolate oranges now...

But.. that means effort to go outside in the cold and buy some.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Nov 2020, 20:26

The cold isn't too appealing to voluntarily go outside into. lol But idk, sounds kinda worth it.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 21 Nov 2020, 21:30

Yeah. I wanna get some. But don't wanna go out.

It's effort to walk xD

Plus so many Tesco's are sold out of all kinds of Chocolate oranges, so don't want to go out to one( since Tesco is my nearest shop), to find they have none.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 21 Nov 2020, 21:32

Yeah, that would turn a mood sour pretty quick I'd imagine. /: