What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to consoles, or VGing in general.

Moderators: Nishizono Shinji, Heyitslaurenk, GingerbreadMellody

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 17 Nov 2020, 10:13

Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 01:51
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 18:27
I have just started playing the first Devil May Cry on the switch and up to the first boss already
Phantom!! He's a real pain if you don't read his attacks. Did you switch to Easy Automatic mode? More importantly... did you beat him?
Yeah he is a pain, still haven't beaten him but I feel like I am getting closer with it! And no I haven't switched yet, should I?

Emotive Spirit
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive Spirit » 17 Nov 2020, 10:54

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 10:13
Android Spirit wrote:
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 18:27
I have just started playing the first Devil May Cry on the switch and up to the first boss already
Phantom!! He's a real pain if you don't read his attacks. Did you switch to Easy Automatic mode? More importantly... did you beat him?
Yeah he is a pain, still haven't beaten him but I feel like I am getting closer with it! And no I haven't switched yet, should I?
Well, idk, but you can't switch back to Normal when you do. If you don't then you get to progress to the next difficulty level by loading your game clear data but if you switch over to the easy automatic you're stuck on it. So, stay the course unless you just plan to beat it once. Did Nintendo add some achievements to those versions?

Phantom hint btw: jump onto his back and use Alastor to slash at his vulnerable spider butt towards his tail but jump off after a few strikes. When he's still and his mouth is getting bright, use Stinger to close the distance to his mouth and start hacking away because then he won't launch that magma at you (and I think he takes a little damage too). When he leaps into the air, just start back jumping as far as you can from him. When he makes those columns of lava shoot up from the ground just run, don't do the rolls because they get you sooner or later if you start side rolling away from them. And a little bit of luck doesn't hurt either. ^^

Emotive Spirit
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive Spirit » 17 Nov 2020, 11:03

Actually, jumping onto his back is kind of risky but sometimes he fires off some magma from his mouth at you if you keep slashing at his head and don't move, or swipes at you. But if you hack his head enough times when he's charging up that blast from his mouth then it gets cancelled out and you can keep up the attacks. ^^

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 17 Nov 2020, 11:39

Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 10:54
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
Android Spirit wrote:

Well, idk, but you can't switch back to Normal when you do. If you don't then you get to progress to the next difficulty level by loading your game clear data but if you switch over to the easy automatic you're stuck on it. So, stay the course unless you just plan to beat it once. Did Nintendo add some achievements to those versions?

Phantom hint btw: jump onto his back and use Alastor to slash at his vulnerable spider butt towards his tail but jump off after a few strikes. When he's still and his mouth is getting bright, use Stinger to close the distance to his mouth and start hacking away because then he won't launch that magma at you (and I think he takes a little damage too). When he leaps into the air, just start back jumping as far as you can from him. When he makes those columns of lava shoot up from the ground just run, don't do the rolls because they get you sooner or later if you start side rolling away from them. And a little bit of luck doesn't hurt either. ^^

YES I've done it! Only just as well XD jumping on the back deffo helped, thanks! It took me quite a few attempts haha

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 17 Nov 2020, 11:41

To be fair, I didnt realise you could attack on its back so I'm glad you pointed that out- did a lot more damage than what I was already doing XD i thought it was only the front that was the sweet spot. Originally I was just hacking away at the front and backing off as soon as I did one hit on him or else I would leg to the face lol

Emotive Spirit
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive Spirit » 17 Nov 2020, 13:39

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 11:39
Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 10:54
Heyitslaurenk wrote:

YES I've done it! Only just as well XD jumping on the back deffo helped, thanks! It took me quite a few attempts haha
Oh, I knew it did damage but didn't remember how much. It's kewl that it did more tho! lol It does get frustrating when you try to get on his back and miss. I forgot to say to use Helm Breaker when it looks like you'll miss landing on his back and you'll still damage him even if you don't land on his back. ^^; My bad but I'm glad ya didn't need that edge! :D It's really satisfying when you beat a frustrating boss like that too. lol Glad I could help. :D I've played it recently so it was fresh in my mind. XD Lucky timing. You could keep collecting 500 Red Orbs after you defeat him too in a save, then reset the mission to get more Alastor skills. I always do but idk, sounds like you might just enjoy not having to deal with him for now. XD Til he chases you down that hall at some point. He does that a lot, which is annoying too. You get 500 Red Orbs if you can kill him though! You can knock back his mouth blast of magma by attacking with Alastor at just the right timing. Or Stinger with the right timing. Helps to combo him after his mouth starts to glow in the halls when he traps you (though you can bypass it by walking into a nearby door for a potential lesser Mission Rank). It's better to use that Save option a lot then Reset to get a lot of Red Orbs. But that's like my little method idk if anyone else really does that. ^^; Good to know nostalgia can help others too sometimes. XD

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 17 Nov 2020, 15:24

Beerkeg wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 09:53
Baul wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 06:18
Giving Path of Exile another go. Each time I complete act 1 go a bit further and drop off despite enjoying the game.

Hopefully I can at least reach endgame/finish act 10 this time around.

I have pretty much the same issue with PoE... I'll sit down and play for a weekend, finish act 3 and then just get bored with it.

Yeah, I dont know why it happens. It's a good game.
I'll find you...
I'll hunt you down
I'll be your final nightmare
I am the Gunman
I bring salvation on this day
Here comes the Gunman
You know that Vengeance is my name
Gunman - Orden Ogan

Falalalalalalalolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Falalalalalalalolin » 18 Nov 2020, 00:22

replaying skyrim but this time i've shelled out 140 something gigs for graphical upticks and bug fixes via the amazing platform wabbajack

beat dark bro hood already, good gear for me because i'm literally unable to play the game if i can't be a stealth archer :>

Emotive Spirit
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive Spirit » 18 Nov 2020, 01:12

Lolin wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 00:22
replaying skyrim but this time i've shelled out 140 something gigs for graphical upticks and bug fixes via the amazing platform wabbajack

beat dark bro hood already, good gear for me because i'm literally unable to play the game if i can't be a stealth archer :>
Which Skyrim?

Ali-Renegade
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ali-Renegade » 18 Nov 2020, 03:12

Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 03:29
Ali-Renegade wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 01:54
About to start Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PC with all the DLC for the first time ever
Is that the one with the greek ancestor?

Yes it is, it's one of my favourites, the 2 pirate ones were great but they weren't the best, Assassin's Creed 3 was insane, Syndicate was a nice change of pace allowing us to explore part of London from the perspective of 2 young and unorthodox assassins and then Origins was amazing where it let us explore the entirety of Egypt and see how the assassin brotherhood began

My Party:
  Spoiler:  

Emotive Spirit
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive Spirit » 18 Nov 2020, 04:43

Ali-Renegade wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 03:12
Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 03:29
Ali-Renegade wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 01:54
About to start Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PC with all the DLC for the first time ever
Is that the one with the greek ancestor?

Yes it is, it's one of my favourites, the 2 pirate ones were great but they weren't the best, Assassin's Creed 3 was insane, Syndicate was a nice change of pace allowing us to explore part of London from the perspective of 2 young and unorthodox assassins and then Origins was amazing where it let us explore the entirety of Egypt and see how the assassin brotherhood began
I've got Origins but the whole thing was just so expansive and immersive I just never really got too far in the story. I was too busy hunting animals and collecting the materials... to upgrade the equipment? It's been a while, so I've forgotten what those materials were used for but I did a lot of collecting stuff. Kept stealing from that group in the desert near that oasis with the trees too when I saw them. lol Bought some kewl DLC for it. I need to get back to collecting the AC games. I think I only need 3 or 4, including Odyssey. How is it btw?

Argent
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Argent » 18 Nov 2020, 07:58

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Biggkenny
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Biggkenny » 18 Nov 2020, 08:16

Argent wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 07:58
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
How are you finding that game? I'll wait a long time until it goes on a bit of an offer before I get it, but it looked alright from what I saw.

~Biggkenny~

Lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Lloydiboy » 18 Nov 2020, 16:01

Lolin wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 00:22

Stealth Archer is the default method of playing Skyrim surely?
Come sing along with me

3DS Friend Code: 4983-6223-5296
Switch Nintendo Network ID: Lloydiboy
SW 7675-3547-3883

PM me to add me and I will add you back :)

Heyitslaurenk
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by Heyitslaurenk » 20 Nov 2020, 09:10

Still chipping away at DMC, im on mission 7 now which seems like a bit of a pain :/ even worse I have found a secret mission and it seems I cant just progress through the map (guessing the secret mission is a compulsory thing before I can be let through?)