What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 16 Nov 2020, 12:45

Android Spirit wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 08:17
That's weird. Could've sworn there was a Hades... thanks btw.

Nishizono Shinji, I'm always looking to learn about mythology so I thought this information was interesting on the subject. It's not the only source. And I'm not trying to start anything, just looking to share some mythological knowledge. ^^ (https://www.britannica.com/topic/Hades-Greek-mythology if you want to follow up on it)
Years of playing Age of Mythology was finally going to pay off and you steal my moment. :x

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 16 Nov 2020, 13:37

lambda-sky wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 12:45
Android Spirit wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 08:17
That's weird. Could've sworn there was a Hades... thanks btw.

Nishizono Shinji, I'm always looking to learn about mythology so I thought this information was interesting on the subject. It's not the only source. And I'm not trying to start anything, just looking to share some mythological knowledge. ^^ (https://www.britannica.com/topic/Hades-Greek-mythology if you want to follow up on it)
Years of playing Age of Mythology was finally going to pay off and you steal my moment. :x
lol Sorry XD Didn't mean to steal anyone's thunder. XD

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 16 Nov 2020, 18:27

I have just started playing the first Devil May Cry on the switch and up to the first boss already

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Mickelrath
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Mickelrath » 16 Nov 2020, 20:22

2 games on the go currently

Currently playing Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition on Xbox, it's gorgeous, still quite early game so much yet to explore.

Over on my 3DS I'm replaying Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Passed the half way point now.

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 16 Nov 2020, 20:40

Nishizono Shinji wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 07:53
Android Spirit wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 07:50
Nishizono Shinji, Is Hades a game? I know the Greek mythology part but I don't think I've heard of a game bearing the Greek god's name. Would love to know. :D
Hades isn't a god but the Greek word for their underworld. Also yes it's a game lol

I think Hades is also the name for the god of the underworld.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ash 'Kaosu' Symonds » 16 Nov 2020, 21:01

Been gaming more on my Xbox series s since launch. Finished gears 3 recently as I never played that one on the 360. Currently on the kingdom of hearts HD remix pack. That's going take some time to complete all 6 in the pack

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Nov 2020, 01:51

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 18:27
I have just started playing the first Devil May Cry on the switch and up to the first boss already
Phantom!! He's a real pain if you don't read his attacks. Did you switch to Easy Automatic mode? More importantly... did you beat him?

Ali-Renegade
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Ali-Renegade » 17 Nov 2020, 01:54

About to start Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PC with all the DLC for the first time ever
*VTuber - Cookies and Cream Bunny*
*Semi Famous Metaverse Musician*
*Psychology Graduate and Computer Science Enthusiast*
*Game Designer*

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Nov 2020, 03:29

Ali-Renegade wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 01:54
About to start Assassin's Creed Odyssey on PC with all the DLC for the first time ever
Is that the one with the greek ancestor?

Baul
White Member
White Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Baul » 17 Nov 2020, 06:18

Giving Path of Exile another go. Each time I complete act 1 go a bit further and drop off despite enjoying the game.

Hopefully I can at least reach endgame/finish act 10 this time around.
Mark my words
They will be gone
You'll see them playing games, my dear
They've moved along
Cause one day in the afterlife
We'll meet again
Prophecies - Blind Guardian

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 17 Nov 2020, 09:53

Baul wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 06:18
Giving Path of Exile another go. Each time I complete act 1 go a bit further and drop off despite enjoying the game.

Hopefully I can at least reach endgame/finish act 10 this time around.

I have pretty much the same issue with PoE... I'll sit down and play for a weekend, finish act 3 and then just get bored with it.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Nov 2020, 10:13

Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 01:51
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
Phantom!! He's a real pain if you don't read his attacks. Did you switch to Easy Automatic mode? More importantly... did you beat him?
Yeah he is a pain, still haven't beaten him but I feel like I am getting closer with it! And no I haven't switched yet, should I?

Lauren
VG mod

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Nov 2020, 10:54

Heyitslaurenk wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 10:13
Android Spirit wrote:
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
Yeah he is a pain, still haven't beaten him but I feel like I am getting closer with it! And no I haven't switched yet, should I?
Well, idk, but you can't switch back to Normal when you do. If you don't then you get to progress to the next difficulty level by loading your game clear data but if you switch over to the easy automatic you're stuck on it. So, stay the course unless you just plan to beat it once. Did Nintendo add some achievements to those versions?

Phantom hint btw: jump onto his back and use Alastor to slash at his vulnerable spider butt towards his tail but jump off after a few strikes. When he's still and his mouth is getting bright, use Stinger to close the distance to his mouth and start hacking away because then he won't launch that magma at you (and I think he takes a little damage too). When he leaps into the air, just start back jumping as far as you can from him. When he makes those columns of lava shoot up from the ground just run, don't do the rolls because they get you sooner or later if you start side rolling away from them. And a little bit of luck doesn't hurt either. ^^

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Nov 2020, 11:03

Actually, jumping onto his back is kind of risky but sometimes he fires off some magma from his mouth at you if you keep slashing at his head and don't move, or swipes at you. But if you hack his head enough times when he's charging up that blast from his mouth then it gets cancelled out and you can keep up the attacks. ^^

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 17 Nov 2020, 11:39

Android Spirit wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 10:54
Heyitslaurenk wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 10:13
Android Spirit wrote:

Well, idk, but you can't switch back to Normal when you do. If you don't then you get to progress to the next difficulty level by loading your game clear data but if you switch over to the easy automatic you're stuck on it. So, stay the course unless you just plan to beat it once. Did Nintendo add some achievements to those versions?

Phantom hint btw: jump onto his back and use Alastor to slash at his vulnerable spider butt towards his tail but jump off after a few strikes. When he's still and his mouth is getting bright, use Stinger to close the distance to his mouth and start hacking away because then he won't launch that magma at you (and I think he takes a little damage too). When he leaps into the air, just start back jumping as far as you can from him. When he makes those columns of lava shoot up from the ground just run, don't do the rolls because they get you sooner or later if you start side rolling away from them. And a little bit of luck doesn't hurt either. ^^

YES I've done it! Only just as well XD jumping on the back deffo helped, thanks! It took me quite a few attempts haha

Lauren
VG mod