Looking forward to Christmas?

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 09 Nov 2020, 00:03

I know its November and I hate it when people start Christmas in November, but the only thing I'm looking forward to is listening to Sia's Christmas Album as it is beautiful! 

So chill and ughhhh! I'm in LOVE! I LOVE HER!
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 09 Nov 2020, 00:53

I always look forward to Christmas. Though this year sounds like we'll be a little low on how much we'll be able to afford for gifts but it's ok. All I really want is a PS Store gift card anyway. lol Or a DVD player so I can watch my anime again. But yeah, this year is like... meh. Ideally I'd want a chance to get that PS5 but nuuuuuuuuuu way, the yearly income of the fam is 30% less with this new job so those days of having a lot of gifts might be over. lol idk really what to look forward to, except the snow. We do need snow. Snow to just lock up these fires into submission. >< There's too many wildfires out here right now and snow would/will be such a big help. Otherwise idk about what to expect from Christmas. lol Stocking stuffers are fun, maybe some Silly String this year so we could have fun. lol That was AAALWAYS fun!!

catgir
United States of America

Achievements

Post by catgir » 09 Nov 2020, 05:55

Eh. Sorta looking forward to it. Seeing my bf might not make it makes me a bit hurt..but can't do much about it. He just doesn't want to chance if he does carry covid or whatnot. He doesn't have it, but I am staying with my folks and he doesn't want to chance it.
To me..eh it's a holiday..not really looking forward to much on it. Kinda like my birthday this year. :worry:

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 09 Nov 2020, 15:03

I am looking forwards to it. Time off from work is always nice. I'll be renovating my garage so I can have a proper workshop. And its a lovely time to pig out and be drunk and jolly... Probably some fun time on AL as well

Trurotaketwo
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Trurotaketwo » 09 Nov 2020, 16:08

Beerkeg wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 15:03
I am looking forwards to it. Time off from work is always nice. I'll be renovating my garage so I can have a proper workshop. And its a lovely time to pig out and be drunk and jolly...

I'm in complete agreement! (Well, it's always a good time for me to be drunk and jolly anyway).

Since there's still time, I'm thinking about trying to get my Christmas shopping done early. My niece wants a couple of Switch games (Breath of The Wild and Animal Crossing), so I need to look around for the best prices.

Since we're on the topic, it seems like a good excuse to share this with you all-

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Nov 2020, 17:20

I usually hate everything Christmas related, but as long as I get to see my family then i'm looking forward to it
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 09 Nov 2020, 17:29

I'm usually against starting Christmas before December. But it's a losing battle so eff it. At least for this year.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

GFX by:Ioreth

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 18 Nov 2020, 20:54

although I don’t technically celebrate Christmas I am still looking forward to it. This year is the first year where I’m in a place of my own and I can decorate it to make it look festive. It’s also the first year I can get a tree and decorate it. I’m hoping to have family round on Boxing Day and I’ll prepare a meal in my flat for them (that is of course if Boris Johnson doesn’t extend lockdown past the 2nd of December or if he does, gives us the five days where we can meet with family)

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 18 Nov 2020, 22:59

a family member passed away on Christmas Day (reeeeally early in the morning, I'm talking 12:10am-ish) so this year's Christmas will be a 1-year anniversary of that, meaning it's not going to feel much like Christmas at all tbh...

...I know that's depressing but it's the truth, not everyone is going to have a nice time unfortunately :'c
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Nov 2020, 00:48

melanch0lic wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 22:59
a family member passed away on Christmas Day (reeeeally early in the morning, I'm talking 12:10am-ish) so this year's Christmas will be a 1-year anniversary of that, meaning it's not going to feel much like Christmas at all tbh...

...I know that's depressing but it's the truth, not everyone is going to have a nice time unfortunately :'c
I'm sure he'll be there in spirit. :)

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 19 Nov 2020, 14:07

melanch0lic wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 22:59

My aunt died a year ago on the 25th. Thanksgiving is on the 25th this year so it will also be a year anniversary for us.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

GFX by:Ioreth

Nuggies
Black Member
Black Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nuggies » 20 Nov 2020, 01:59

Nope. With all the crap I've gone through, and now looking like I'm losing my job, Christmas just seems like something that's just gonna go terribly wrong this year. So I don't trust it to be any good :lol:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Nov 2020, 02:04

miserableatbest wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 01:59
Nope. With all the crap I've gone through, and now looking like I'm losing my job, Christmas just seems like something that's just gonna go terribly wrong this year. So I don't trust it to be any good :lol:
Sorry to hear that :( Hopefully things can improve. :)

jkw5278
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by jkw5278 » 21 Nov 2020, 11:51

Not feeling too excited at the moment

Nuggies
Black Member
Black Member
Great Britain

Achievements