Favourite Character and Anime

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

RebaSephiroth2
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by RebaSephiroth2 » 05 Sep 2020, 06:23

My favourite character of all time is Reno from Final Fantasy VII and my favourite anime are Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, Himouto! Umaru-chan, Cardcaptor Sakura, Cowboy Bebop,  Sailor Moon, The Asterisk Wars, Bleach, Sword Art Online, No Game No Life and Violet Evergarden. Love all Kawaii like Molang, Pingu and Hello Kitty.

WalterFarmer
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by WalterFarmer » 17 Sep 2020, 08:54

My favorite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood. Best anime I have watched so far. Favorite character is Edward Elric.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 18 Sep 2020, 01:00

WalterFarmer wrote:
17 Sep 2020, 08:54
My favorite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood. Best anime I have watched so far. Favorite character is Edward Elric.
Edward's fun, yup. So I gotta ask you, who was your favorite person who went up against him?

Picking a favorite anime is hard, I love so many. First anime that popped into my head was Ouran High School Host Club, followed very closely by Haibane Renmei, then Cowboy Bebop.

Hmm.
Ouran High School Host Club, my favorite was the very hard working Haruhi Fujioka. Someone pointed this anime out to me, saying I reminded them of her - we won't get into why. Her foils, however, was the rest of the Host Club. Probably the best foil was Kyouya rather than Tamaki. Cool and smart, that one. I liked the way he handled himself when he gets dragged off to the mall.

Haibane Renmei, it's the pairing of Rakka and Reki that draws me to these two characters in this series. However, the foil in this anime is yourself, Rakka in the well and Reki in her room. I found myself relating to both of them, but especially Reki.

Cowboy Bebop had a wonderful concept and great music - bounty hunters scratching at a living inside an old spaceship while trying to avoid their past as they bounce between the planets - well, everyone except for Ed and Ein - those two were in it for the fun. Ed was such a light-hearted spirit, makes me wish I'd seen more of the scrappy little genius and her pizza box computer. And then there's Spike with his cocky smile on his lips, hiding a pain so deep. But his main foil was not Vicious - it was Julia. However my favorite foil had to be Andy, who certainly dressed the part and was constantly getting in the way. Shame we never see him again.

Jongriffin
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Jongriffin » 23 Sep 2020, 22:03

For favorite character and anime, do you mean just one? Sorry, I can't choose one. There is too much good anime and great characters. I will list some that I really love though.

For shows, I love Ranma 1/2 (with my avatar, obviously), Nadia Secret of the Blue Water, origianl Dragonball, Fruits Basket, Macross, Attack on Titan, and Tenchi Universe (yes, I'm a heathen, I find it better than the OAV), and I am really loving Knights of Sidonia.

As for Movies, I love Tenchi Muyo in Love and Tenchi Forever, both which follow the Univese series. I also love Ghost in the Shell, and I still need to see the second one. I adore Satoshi Kon films like Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers. It goes without saying that almost all Hayao Miyazaki films are my favorites.

As for characters, I adore Ukyo from Ranma 1/2, she's a kick-butt female. Speaking of females, Ryoko is almost the perfect woman with her love for adventure and her indomitable spirit. Kid Goku is just so naive and innocent that you can't help but love him. Though kid Krillin is great too with how cocky he is. I would say that I also love Kurabara from Yu Yu Hakusho, a goofy, tough guy with a heart of gold. I also like Captain Kiichi Gotou of Patlabor, a very laid back character who is highly intelligent and perceptive.

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 23 Sep 2020, 22:47

my favourite characters are Excel Kobayashi (from Excel Saga) and obviously Lina Inverse (who is in every Slayers series/manga titles, whereas my favourite anime series are most definitely Slayers (if I had to choose one of the arcs it would be NEXT), Martian Successor Nadesico, FLCL and maybeee Shaman King! All of them are fun with many different comedic elements yet they hold serious storylines well with great levels of character development :3
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Keilonrich22
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Keilonrich22 » 05 Oct 2020, 15:50

I can't pick one I can say one that I like fire force and my favourite character is joker
Keilonrich22
Master Otaku  Image

Limitless
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Limitless » 28 Oct 2020, 00:39

My current favorite character from an anime I am watching this season is Azuzu Komagome from Senyoku no Sigrdrifa.

Cute anime girl? Check. Grumpy and tired in the morning? Check. Complains a lot? Check.

She's adorable.
“Knowledge may give weight, but accomplishments give luster, and many more people see than weigh.”
Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield

Derek's Diction - The Importance of Words

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 28 Oct 2020, 03:25

Favorite character: Android 17.

Favorite anime: DBZ, DB Super, DBGT.

Ttosk
Veteran Member
Canada

Achievements

Post by Ttosk » 28 Oct 2020, 23:14

My favourite anime is Sailor Moon and favourite character is Minako Aino/Sailor Venus.

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 29 Oct 2020, 04:55

Favorite anime ever: Yuyu Hakusho
Favorite character ever: Hiei

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 29 Oct 2020, 15:08

Haruko - FLCL
Jiji - Kiki's Delivery Service
Goku - Dragon ball

There's tons more but I don't feel like thinking this morning.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 08 Nov 2020, 07:00

Dragon Ball Z is my favorite anime and the twin androids 17 and 18 are my favorite characters. Out of those 2, Android 17 is my favorite. I've compared their relationship to me and my sister's relationship. And I haven't seen another brother/sister sibling duo in DB/Z/GT/Super either really. Plus it was my go to anime as a kid so the whole Dragon Ball franchise is kind of sentimental to me, especially the android twins. Now that my sister has passed away 12 years ago now it has that much more meaning to me. I'll always love DB/Z/GT/Super for this reason alone if nothing else. ^^