Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 01 Jul 2020, 14:33

@Momogari

part 6 spoiler & some ideas on how the story/plot might progress.
  Spoiler:  
I think your right, I do believe they are all part of the same faction. It would seem there are several factions. Wives and husbands don't seem to belong to the same factions either. I believe they are after Rozemyne's otherworldly knowledge more then they are after her magic. After all others who possessed magic were simply made into obedient slaves. Her magical power helps boosts her abilities. I'm sure the Saint thing is partially to cover her otherworldly knowledge.

I believe one of the reasons why she was adopted as a daughter to Sylvester is because they'll be able to take more advantage of her abilities as she'll be taught that magic that creates structures. With such magic and her advanced knowledge the things she could create would be far more advanced than anything that came before. I don't think they want anyone to know she's capable of that. They want to hide that talent, so they are pushing the Saint thing to cover it up. In other words they want others to believe there is a different reason to why Myne was adopted by the Arch Duke, and it wasn't for her knowledge but for her Saintly behavior and outlook.

Ensuring Rozemyne's health will also ensure and improve her ability to pass on that knowledge and utilize it.

One other thing, I've started to get the idea ever since the idea of the Royal Academy was mentioned and the fact it isn't in Sylvester's domain, Slyvester is just a high ranking noble that belongs to a larger country and he serves a King or Queen, perhaps an Emperor/Empress, though I get the idea it's a King/Queen though. Though the government is probably very much a Feudal one though. The King/Queen might be more of a figurehead and the Arch Dukes actually run everything. But it also means they can go to war with each other and obtain more land from each other as well.

There also seems to be a lot of Nobles. I'd go as far to say that nobles were probably just simply those who possessed mana initially and later became nobles, all of them. Now that's how the country is divided. Many of the nobles for instance seems to be poor, better off then the poor of the commoners but all the same financially challenged. The Noble part of the city also only has Nobles as guards, no commoners. Seems like it's more of a divide in citizenship instead of nobility and commoners. Such a type of country that has 1st class citizens, the nobles, 2nd class citizens those who are allowed to live in a city, and 3rd class citizens like the travelling Trader whose dream is to purchase citizenship, which is initially a 3rd class citizen.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 04 Jul 2020, 10:21

Yup! I alreaday at that point also. @Grace Mellody I kind remeber Syl saying somehing like that (or Ferdy… may be?)

@Killer Wolf howmany Vols. did you bought?? what do you think now?
from part two (Vols 4 to 8th) they contain more details hasn't adapted in the Anime

Spoiler:  
Intersting, I am not sure about Wives vs husband being in different factions... but is clear that
in Noble society, women and men are quite like two worlds.
Where men can crse some barriers. That's why they want to asure Mayne in Elvira & Syl wife faction

Other things is definitely their Duchy is part of a biggest country, and for suer the 'nobles purge' that made priest to retorn to the Noble society has a lot with tha factions (internal) wars... may be for the power of ruling lands, or be conected to Kings family...?
also, if they Syl and Co. aren't at the same faction of that King... two choice cut happen, fight with Mayne's power to rule the country, or suport anoher pretendant to the throne. that's probably the initial thought of they ... or just as you say, asure Mayne's knowledge to grow status, and power to be close with the king's faction (also to profit in economics) ...
Also has not mention jet... but that 'Nobles Purge' cut be a war between other country far than other Duchy, which cut also be. 'status war' between duchies. for power and resources.

Also, villagers and farmers, are part of that 3rd "citizenship" ...
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 07 Jul 2020, 08:08

Already fnished with "Part 7" of the Pre publi of Vol 1 ~ Parte 3.

Quite an awesome 3 chapters.
I just laugh till broke. How mastering the auyhor is with the novel.
Really a good job, also the translator have been done with skillful.
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 09 Jul 2020, 02:14

Part 3 vol 1 part 7
  Spoiler:  

Ferdinand:

sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 09 Jul 2020, 09:59

:=D: :soul: :jpop: :soul:
:<3:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 13 Jul 2020, 03:08

Momogari wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 02:14
Part 3 vol 1 part 7
  Spoiler:  

Ferdinand:
why did you get that screenshoot from the website in a mobile? aren't you using the official App for mobile / tablet ... ??

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 13 Jul 2020, 23:39

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Be prepare beaches!!!  :smoke:

Season 3 have been confirmed already.  :soul: :dance: :soul:   it doesn't have yet airing dates, but there is!

http://booklove-anime.jp/news/506 
:smoke:
第三期決定-768x340.jpg
Honzuki no Gekokujou Season 3 Banner
第三期決定-768x340.jpg (59.32 KiB) Viewed 968 times

Yeaah!!!!!  :soul:   :soul:   :soul:   :soul:   :soul:   :soul:  

:dance:   :dance:   :dance:  I've already update my "Plan to Watch" list.  

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 14 Jul 2020, 00:27

No doubt I'll watch this too.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 14 Jul 2020, 11:31

:soul: :soul: :soul: S P O I L E E E R R R ! !! !!! !!!! :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

Part 3, Vol 1 -(Last ? bunch of JNC Pre-pub. chaps - Part 8)-  :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

Spoiler:  
Title: Knight of a Little Sister ... Side History from Cornelius -point of view-
Meting with her Mun and older Bro.
... Veronica's fall had sent tremors throughout the entire Noble's quarter.

I smell a lot of new plot behind the scenes !!! 
Image Image Image Image Image Image

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I see, or "She, the author," has been picked Myne's color of hair and eyes on propuse, ... or the color chooses for the the good coincidentally made a lot of ...  Image Image Image Image Image Image

I loved the prologue of this vol too!  So SWEET !!!! <3 <3 <3

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 14 Jul 2020, 16:50

I still need to read the final part 8. The end to another fantastic book.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 14 Jul 2020, 22:01

I liked and enjoyed quite a lot those two side histories from < ... > and < ... >  hehehe  ( how do you hide the text in the post now??? ) not to spoil, but not to use the "spoiler" tag also.  :-p  this kind of text you can olny read it when selecting over ... o__0

Spoiler:  
Honzuki_no_Gekokujou P3-Vol_01 ebook-cover.png
Honzuki_no_Gekokujou P3-Vol_01 ebook-cover.png (98.77 KiB) Viewed 950 times
 I wanna cry!!!!
Still nearly a month ... to have fully access to the e-book. ... Don't wanna think of how long to the physical printed edition.  TT__TT

testing words

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 14 Jul 2020, 22:09

Lord Myne wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 16:50
I still need to read the final part 8. The end to another fantastic book.
wat about those two last side chaps ? did you like they ?

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 01 Aug 2020, 03:52

I took a break from reading Bookworm for a bit. Now I'm caught up.

Spoiler on latest translated part of the light novel from J-novel.
  Spoiler:  
Seems the old High Bishop is still causing trouble.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 03 Aug 2020, 06:59

:haha: :haha: :haha: Yup.
  Spoiler:  
Yup, High Bishop is very High, and problematic. he he

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 18 Aug 2020, 23:16

ha ha the most recent translated LN part from J-Novel released was great.

Spoiler:  
Sylvestor was sweating bullets because it seemed he'd have no choice but to disinherit his son. However, Myne provided him a sort of lifeline, but Wilfred will have to prove himself. I think Wilfred will come through, but it's pretty exciting to see this and want to see how it plays out.
本好きの下剋上