Pokemon Sword & Shield

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by lolin » 20 Mar 2020, 00:33

last i knew you couldn't trade the mels since they're mythical

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Re: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 20 Mar 2020, 01:02

I haven't tried trading them on the switch games due to only having the one console, but I know they can be traded on PoGo as I've done that between my accounts

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by H03nn89 » 17 May 2020, 21:56

Finally got around to getting Home.

Had to restart Sword as I didn’t really dynomax my Pokemon out at the start, so nearly finished both now

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by Kai » 21 May 2020, 22:01

so, now that the game has been out for 6 months already, How has everybody been doing in general? what would you all like to see from the Expansions?
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by H03nn89 » 22 May 2020, 09:30

Yeah good. Finished both games now, Home was good for helping fill the Pokédex!

I hope they bring back some of the past Pokemon. Looking forward to the Tundra one more as that one seems to have more content and my favourite Pokemon coming back.

I’m intrigued whether to know, whether we will have to have a whole new team for these expansions?

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by GraceMellody » 22 May 2020, 18:33

Kai wrote:
21 May 2020, 22:01
so, now that the game has been out for 6 months already, How has everybody been doing in general? what would you all like to see from the Expansions?
I still don't have it :( First time ever that i've not had a new gen pokemon game at launch, so weird
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by Kai » 23 May 2020, 13:40

GraceMellody wrote:
22 May 2020, 18:33
Kai wrote:
I still don't have it :( First time ever that i've not had a new gen pokemon game at launch, so weird
There's not really any real rush to get games if there's any reason you can't get them day one anyways. you haven't missed anything you can't get at all, and the trading ecosystem is annoingly filled with hacked Pokemon. Max Raids brings interesting rewards for catching certain Pokemon as well as certain Pokemon that requires link trading to evolve and even version exclusives, Which I think is nice if you don't have both games or are not in a hurry to play both.

I still don't have Shield yet. I'm probably going to save Shield for next year. It would be nice to have my own Zamazenta, but I'm focusing on competitive so I have more time to get on with other games too.
Image Image Image

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by GraceMellody » 23 May 2020, 14:16

Kai wrote:
23 May 2020, 13:40
GraceMellody wrote:
22 May 2020, 18:33
Kai wrote:
There's not really any real rush to get games if there's any reason you can't get them day one anyways. you haven't missed anything you can't get at all, and the trading ecosystem is annoingly filled with hacked Pokemon. Max Raids brings interesting rewards for catching certain Pokemon as well as certain Pokemon that requires link trading to evolve and even version exclusives, Which I think is nice if you don't have both games or are not in a hurry to play both.

I still don't have Shield yet. I'm probably going to save Shield for next year. It would be nice to have my own Zamazenta, but I'm focusing on competitive so I have more time to get on with other games too.
I suppose so, but it is always sad seeing hype die down for a game you're still eager to play
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by H03nn89 » 23 May 2020, 14:46

Yeah I agree with Kai.

To be honest, I was disappointed with Zamazenta. I mean Zacian's attack stats are just bonkers, but Zamazenta's defense I don't find that brilliant. Maybe that's just me?

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by Kai » 23 May 2020, 15:14

H03nn89 wrote:
23 May 2020, 14:46
Yeah I agree with Kai.

To be honest, I was disappointed with Zamazenta. I mean Zacian's attack stats are just bonkers, but Zamazenta's defense I don't find that brilliant. Maybe that's just me?
Given that it's supposed to be the hero of the Shield, I thought its defenses should have been through the roof. Zacian is just overkill, especially against Rock, Ice or Fairy Pokemon Raids
Image Image Image

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by H03nn89 » 23 May 2020, 18:30

Kai wrote:
23 May 2020, 15:14
H03nn89 wrote:
23 May 2020, 14:46
Yeah I agree with Kai.

Given that it's supposed to be the hero of the Shield, I thought its defenses should have been through the roof. Zacian is just overkill, especially against Rock, Ice or Fairy Pokemon Raids

Yeah I dunno. I suppose his defences are pretty high, but it has way more weaknesses than Zacian.

Oh yeah. Zacian is so overkill. Trying to catch him was a a nightmare if you didn’t use the master ball.

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by Kai » 10 Jun 2020, 14:26

did anybody get the Hidden Ability starters from Home?
Image Image Image

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 10 Jun 2020, 14:31

I did, currently trying to breed a shiny Scorbunny with Libero.

So far all I've managed is a 6iv Libero bunny that isn't shiny.

H03nn89
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by H03nn89 » 10 Jun 2020, 14:51

I did!

I'm holding off transferring them until the expansion pack is out.

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Pokemon Sword & Shield

Post by Kai » 10 Jun 2020, 15:05

UnmeiNoTenshi wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 14:31
I did, currently trying to breed a shiny Scorbunny with Libero.

So far all I've managed is a 6iv Libero bunny that isn't shiny.
I'm definitely going to breed some of mine soon, though I also want to snap up a new competitive team
Image Image Image