Forums are Upgraded to Phpbb3 - Info Topic & Report Issues Here

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 13 May 2020, 23:04

Faithy wrote:
13 May 2020, 22:52
Not complaining here, I promise, but I can't just have my old rank bar instead of getting money back for it to try and find one I like? :|

Now I am REALLY regretting giving away my AL points... way back .. Feh.
How many did you give away? We'll deal with each matter on a case by case basis. A simple solution is to compensate that amount back to you.
---

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 13 May 2020, 23:07

GraceMellody wrote:
13 May 2020, 22:15
Emotive wrote:
13 May 2020, 21:59
My username is grayed out and doesn't do anything when I click on it. I've looked in that AL Points thing and I don't see anything you can really use those on. I mean like anything. I'm not sure what that lottery thing is either, but I'm assuming it's for more AL points?
Normal users don't have permissions to change username right now, so you won't be able to change it but i'm not sure why you can't view your User Control Panel.. I can't see anything on your account which would prevent you from being able to view the UCP, can you take a screenshot of where you're clicking then we can see what you mean by grayed out?
Here's a direct link for now, this should work: ucp.php

Yes, Lottery tickets allow you to win more points. 
I can see my UCP, sorry. ^^;
Ferefire wrote:
13 May 2020, 22:39
Very quick one here @Faithy and @Emotive

So, we're still reconfiguring everything. Going forward it'll be Advanced Members (which costs 5,000 AP also gives you a coloured rank bar of your choice), Elite Members (20,000 AP gives you admin/hmod style rank bar) and VIP Members (50,000 AP Custom rank bar) and anyone who is a moderator who will be able to change their username at any time. I'm going to be shortly re-enabling username changes to mod, hmods and admins now.

As mentioned prior, I'm going to be writing up a topic tomorrow that'll explain how the new Rank system will operate. We will be aiming to transfer all AP over with a cap of 50k (as there's some members who have silly amounts that are clearly not correct) over. You'll then be able to reclaim what your old rank bar was worth back as additional AP. Once that's done, you can then use that AP to rebuy what you're looking for. Hope that makes sense?

As a note, one of the features of Elite and VIP members will be the option to change your rank bar once every one month for free (provided you provide a suitable image in the case of VIP custom bars). So whatever custom bar you have, you could request a new one a month later. This will be one of the new perks of the new system that we have in place. We will also be looking at a few other perks to add.
That kinda sucks... but I guess I'll just have to get used to this revamp.

Faithy
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Post by Faithy » 13 May 2020, 23:10

Ferefire wrote:
13 May 2020, 23:04
Faithy wrote:
Not complaining here, I promise, but I can't just have my old rank bar instead of getting money back for it to try and find one I like? :|

Now I am REALLY regretting giving away my AL points... way back .. Feh.
How many did you give away? We'll deal with each matter on a case by case basis. A simple solution is to compensate that amount back to you.

Oh damn... I honestly couldn't tell you. Throughout the years, I started to give them away to people - some so that they could buy their own rankbar thing and others for diddly things. I had everything I wanted, so I didn't need them anymore. :| I guess I should have kept track, haha. I'm pretty sure at one point I had 35K

Ferefire wrote:
13 May 2020, 23:02
Faithy wrote:
That depends, did you pay originally for your custom rank bar?

It was my H-mod rank when I became H-mod of CS.
No time for fakers.

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 13 May 2020, 23:13

@Faithy if you gave away 35k which was legitimately earned in the past because you believed the points were of little use, then in theory we can compensate that as an addition to the other AP you're carrying over (which I believe is 14k). You'll need to send us a PM to confirm which members you recall sending it to and roughly when.
---

Faithy
Faithful Member
Faithful Member
United States of America

Post by Faithy » 14 May 2020, 00:09

Ferefire wrote:
13 May 2020, 23:13
@Faithy if you gave away 35k which was legitimately earned in the past because you believed the points were of little use, then in theory we can compensate that as an addition to the other AP you're carrying over (which I believe is 14k). You'll need to send us a PM to confirm which members you recall sending it to and roughly when.

Oh lord. I have slept since then. I know I gave @Tear some, but hell if I remember how much. I don't remember anyone else I gave to... lol. I literally would just be a happy clam if I could have my h-mod rank bar and the 14K. ;)
No time for fakers.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 14 May 2020, 00:22

I don't recall how much it was either. I believe it was around 5000. I was short, but not by an incredibly large amount. Still it would have taken awhile to get that much more.

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 14 May 2020, 00:47

I think I've fixed the smilies. I copied them over from the old forum and used the same codes. Go try them :)

Note: it was a manual process that has taken me ages, and I'm quite tired now. If one is broken, please let me know but be nice, I'm doing my best :(

Test: :awesome: :Mimikyu: :thonk: :ranmaguy:

ImmortalJed wrote:
I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse :P

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 14 May 2020, 01:01

As a note on AL points, I plan on writing a script to copy them over from the old forum and add them to the points we have accumulated here. So you'll get your points back soon. Note; there's a cap of 50k on points from the old forums.

The script will be done on Friday, so you'll get your points back then :)

ImmortalJed wrote:
I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse :P

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 14 May 2020, 01:14

RedHat wrote:
14 May 2020, 01:01
As a note on AL points, I plan on writing a script to copy them over from the old forum and add them to the points we have accumulated here. So you'll get your points back soon. Note; there's a cap of 50k on points from the old forums.

The script will be done on Friday, so you'll get your points back then :)
Thanks Red! :D

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 14 May 2020, 04:20

Okay, I found I had several pages of subscriptions that I just cleared out. I've looked and I don't see where I can stop subscribing to everything automatically, has anyone else found the do not auto-subscribe button?

Dangerous_D
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Dangerous_D » 14 May 2020, 09:20

I noticed this changed removed all of my friends I had on my account, I also noticed my visitor messages are gone too

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 14 May 2020, 10:05

Beerkeg wrote:
12 May 2020, 21:47
Theres a vertical line where the hyperlinks aren't clickable to the right of it. On light themes you can see a break line. It seems to scale with window size. Doesn't affect links in the "Last Post" part.

ImageImage
Right, fixed the .css just needs review and implementation. @GraceMellody You got can do that right?

Spoiler:  
contents.css

/*decreased padding and width in line 16-20*/
dd.lastpost2 {
    width: 245px;
    font-size: 1.1em;
    padding-left: 10px !important;
}

/*decreased margin line 47-51*/
ul.topiclist dt {
    width: 100%;
    margin-right: -260px;
}

richard01
Great Britain

Post by richard01 » 14 May 2020, 10:11

perfect

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 14 May 2020, 10:37

Beerkeg wrote:
12 May 2020, 12:16
Spoiler Show/Hide button text is too light to read on dark themes.

Fixed, didn't check if it breaks anything else anywhere. Ready for review and implementation.

Spoiler:  
normalize.css

/*removed input line 252-260*/
button,
optgroup,
select,
textarea {
color: inherit; /* 1 */
font: inherit; /* 2 */
margin: 0; /* 3 */
}

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 14 May 2020, 14:28

Expendable wrote:
14 May 2020, 04:20
Okay, I found I had several pages of subscriptions that I just cleared out. I've looked and I don't see where I can stop subscribing to everything automatically, has anyone else found the do not auto-subscribe button?
I'm not sure if there's a way to turn off auto subscriptions, however in your notification settings you can turn off the notifications, which should help

Dangerous_D wrote:
14 May 2020, 09:20
I noticed this changed removed all of my friends I had on my account, I also noticed my visitor messages are gone too
Both had to be moved unfortunately, but you can still check stuff at archive.animeleague.net if you're missing stuff

Beerkeg wrote:
14 May 2020, 10:05
Beerkeg wrote:
12 May 2020, 21:47
Theres a vertical line where the hyperlinks aren't clickable to the right of it. On light themes you can see a break line. It seems to scale with window size. Doesn't affect links in the "Last Post" part.

ImageImage
Right, fixed the .css just needs review and implementation. @GraceMellody You got can do that right?

Spoiler:  
contents.css

/*decreased padding and width in line 16-20*/
dd.lastpost2 {
width: 245px;
padding-left: 10px !important;
}

/*decreased margin line 47-51*/
ul.topiclist dt {
width: 100%;
margin-right: -260px;