Final Fantasy

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Re: Final Fantasy

Post by Tanya » 19 Apr 2020, 19:35

Items and magic can only be use during boss battles.

Plus HP and MP regenerates during battles too.

Weapons have regeneration for both on them so they must regenerate some.
本好きの下剋上

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 19 Apr 2020, 22:39

No items in hard mode at all, and mp doesn't return at rest points, only hp. Mp does regenerate slowly in and out of battle, and busting crates can give it a boost too.
Come sing along with me

3DS Friend Code: 4983-6223-5296
Switch Nintendo Network ID: Lloydiboy
SW 7675-3547-3883

PM me to add me and I will add you back :)

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 20 Apr 2020, 02:55

I typically never use items and just like that when they might be useful the game disables them. Sounds annoying. Sounds to me like they shouldn't of bothered to add items to the game at all.

I’m assuming that means, in Hard Mode you can start with max or high level characters, maxed out materia, and maxed level weapons?

Which means without placing some limitations here and there the difficulty wouldn’t be challenging enough.

I already don’t use MP often and use items rarely. Might need to use the benches for resting more often on Hard. Though Pray and Chakra work well well for HP recovery.
本好きの下剋上

Luffynatsu87
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Luffynatsu87 » 20 Apr 2020, 14:20

Prey is good one to use depends on the battle i found most of battle quite challenging but fun as well

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 20 Apr 2020, 14:37

Lord Myne wrote:I typically never use items and just like that when they might be useful the game disables them. Sounds annoying. Sounds to me like they shouldn't of bothered to add items to the game at all.

I’m assuming that means, in Hard Mode you can start with max or high level characters, maxed out materia, and maxed level weapons?

Which means without placing some limitations here and there the difficulty wouldn’t be challenging enough.

I already don’t use MP often and use items rarely. Might need to use the benches for resting more often on Hard. Though Pray and Chakra work well well for HP recovery.

Enemies have scaled up with you for the difficulty. I used copious amounts of ether in the normal difficulty and the odd phoenix down, so shifting to no items and hella slow mp recovery was a system shock.
High level pray is a good healer, but maxed Chakra is a must, as it will bring your health to a respectable level. Also all items are disabled whether in battle or out, and Chakra and Pray can't be used out of battle.
Come sing along with me

SW 7675-3547-3883

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 23 Apr 2020, 15:46

Guess i'll have to download the game to my ps4

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 23 Apr 2020, 16:45

Lloydiboy wrote:Enemies have scaled up with you for the difficulty. I used copious amounts of ether in the normal difficulty and the odd phoenix down, so shifting to no items and hella slow mp recovery was a system shock.
High level pray is a good healer, but maxed Chakra is a must, as it will bring your health to a respectable level. Also all items are disabled whether in battle or out, and Chakra and Pray can't be used out of battle.

Might give hard mode a hard skip... :P

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 23 Apr 2020, 17:15

I only do hard mode if I really want to take a beating.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 23 Apr 2020, 18:15

I haven’t played since Sunday.

I’ve pretty much only played on weekends.

Probably finish it this weekend, meaning without Hard mode this Game is short of a Full game.

lloydiboy
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lloydiboy » 24 Apr 2020, 04:45

I'm a little confused about how people are saying this is a short game. If you run it and look tobavoid all the unnecessary side quests I'm sure you could make it in about 12 hours or less game time, but with a bit of grinding out and going for the side quests you are looking at least twice that, and probably longer. I finished the main story in just over 40 hours, and admittedly I wasn't rushing it, but that's not a short game in my opinion. I've seen plenty of games charged at this price point with less content and shorter story with zero replayability.
Come sing along with me

SW 7675-3547-3883

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 24 Apr 2020, 09:33

Lloydiboy wrote:I'm a little confused about how people are saying this is a short game. If you run it and look tobavoid all the unnecessary side quests I'm sure you could make it in about 12 hours or less game time, but with a bit of grinding out and going for the side quests you are looking at least twice that, and probably longer. I finished the main story in just over 40 hours, and admittedly I wasn't rushing it, but that's not a short game in my opinion. I've seen plenty of games charged at this price point with less content and shorter story with zero replayability.

I agree, I completed my initial play through in about 42 hours but that was with doing all available sidequests and making sure I didn't miss anything.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 24 Apr 2020, 10:48

42 hours to do all main story and side quests isn’t short for a RPG first time through? Usually that’s a 50+ hours for a RPG on average.

It’s shorter than the average RPG. If you speed run it, you’d probably complete it in 20 hours.

Sure plenty of games are shorter with a high price tag but they are short games too.

So I guess you can call it a full game but it is about 20% shorter than the average RPG

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 24 Apr 2020, 18:39

Ryuuko wrote:42 hours to do all main story and side quests isn’t short for a RPG first time through? Usually that’s a 50+ hours for a RPG on average.

It’s shorter than the average RPG. If you speed run it, you’d probably complete it in 20 hours.

Sure plenty of games are shorter with a high price tag but they are short games too.

So I guess you can call it a full game but it is about 20% shorter than the average RPG

I mean at least it'll be easy to platinum
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

UnmeiNoTenshi
Standard Member
Wales

Achievements

Post by UnmeiNoTenshi » 24 Apr 2020, 19:03

Good luck with the pull ups then

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 24 Apr 2020, 19:04

I’m sure there are quite a few trophies that are challenging which requires repetitive attempts to obtain.