Light novels chat and recommendations

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Re: Light novels chat and recommendations

Post by Ekkun » 11 Mar 2020, 21:14

I 'm not really in Martial Arts. I like more Sword and Magic fantasy, kind of chivalry like "DragonLance, etc" ...
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 11 Mar 2020, 21:19

I just Started another ISEKAI one, "Magic & Knight's", about an Otaku who is a computer programmer and lover of Mecha like Gundams', etc ...
I enjoy the Anime, and the manga. so I decide to give a chance to the original work.
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 12 Mar 2020, 00:15

Ekkun wrote:I just Started another ISEKAI one, "Magic & Knight's", about an Otaku who is a computer programmer and lover of Mecha like Gundams', etc ...
I enjoy the Anime, and the manga. so I decide to give a chance to the original work.
last I checked there wasn’t a light novel. But sense there is now I’ll need to check it out.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 12 Mar 2020, 00:16

Viper Xord wrote:Well I'm Done With True Martial World And Peerless Martial God.I'm Now On Martial God Asura,Peerless Martial God 2,Peerless Battle Spirit,Limitless Sword God And Imperial God Emperor.
Guys You Ought To Read This Set Of Books.They Are Damn Interesting And Will Keep You Glued To Your Phone.

JUST TRY THEM OUT
I’ll check it out. Thanks for sharing.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 13 Mar 2020, 20:01

I think there is not official translation already of the Knight's & Magic LN. I know CR has he Manga on Simul Pub, where I'm reading it also ...
But since I saw on Wikipedia that it got a LN... I search for it ... ( ^__~ )

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 02 May 2020, 17:38

I decided to try a trial run of J-novel premium membership.

It seems like it'll be good, but for now I'm doing a month.

I'd say they have a good number of books I'm interested in.

The only thing I don't like is the fact I can't use my Kindle to read it, a Fire yes, but not my Oasis which is my preferred E-reader.

Since I joined I also received 1 credit which I can use to purchase an E-Book from them. In fact there's an E-Book I've already decided to get. So I'm going to try getting it possibly or another. See if I can read that on my Oasis, if I can I'll probably stick with it while they have E-books I haven't already bought and interested in getting.

E-books are in general cheaper than the subscription but only by 30%. So that isn't too bad, still money being paid that isn't necessarily worth paying out for what you get. If I buy three more books every month, then it breaks even because of the discount.

I don't think I'll be interested in buying 4 books a month, possibly 2 and 3 at times but 4 seems a bit extreme. It's probably what they are betting on with the membership.

Anyways, I'll let everyone know what I think.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 03 May 2020, 20:39

wooow! me too
I was this weekend at my Sister place. and give me a self B'day present a Month to try it.

What annoying me is I can't see how ( if its posible) to read from web browser...
I get the mobile (Android) app ... not sure if was my internet connection... or my mobile ( quite olde now... Nokia 6, from 2017+/-) ... but just try o read the prologue of one book was a bit nightmare (S-L-O-O-O-W-W-W ) TO CHANGE PAGES.
TT__TT

In general I saw some book I like to read, ( and may buy also) ... but for now, I have to try it again at home.

Isn't really there in "Amazon App Store" the official App from J-novel Club ???

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 04 May 2020, 07:29

Lord Myne wrote:I decided to try a trial run of J-novel premium membership.

It seems like it'll be good, but for now I'm doing a month.

I'd say they have a good number of books I'm interested in.

The only thing I don't like is the fact I can't use my Kindle to read it, a Fire yes, but not my Oasis which is my preferred E-reader.

I read in the FAQ: What format is a Premium E-book?
Premium E-books are standard epub3 files. They should work on all EPUB3 compatible ereaders and are easily convertable to Kindle's MOBI file format using free software like Calibre.

Since I joined I also received 1 credit which I can use to purchase an E-Book from them.

I see now, I just SIGN in for a "normal" membership from 5$ US (about £4) ... I think I must upgrade also to a premium (10'95$ a month).
also members can buy 'credits' for 7$, and premium for just 6$. another small benefit. (^^)

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 04 May 2020, 11:10

To read J-Novels in the browser.

On the browser, I read by going to Titles and clicking the one I wanted to read.

Then you’ll see which parts are available. Scroll through and click the part you want to read. Nothing will appear to have happened but the part you want to read is selected. Locks will appear next to chapters you aren’t allowed to read.

To the left under the book image is read now which seems like it’s part of the image but it’s what you click to go to the part you want to read. If you selected a locked part, you won’t be able to read it.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 06 May 2020, 09:29

Hai, hai!, aroigatou [mention=705]Tearmoon[/mention].

just discovered a bit earliest than read your answer. It's really a small screen, quite like a mobile/book Page simulator. he he.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 12 May 2020, 16:35

who else is readin this one!?
Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! (Japanese: 私、能力は平均値でって言ったよね!, HepburnWatashi, Nōryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!

... I just happen to read it at a web novel site ... (Chap 383 WN : Request in Empire ... )

「Ah, we are all pure humans,
A newbie party who just became C rank for a year…
I wonder if we can get rid of the title of a newbie soon.
I think we are only the bottom level of C rank…」(Mile)
 「「「「「……」」」」」(Female Hunter party) 

So definitely much better than the animation adaptation . (^_^)

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 12 May 2020, 21:36

I'm reading 'Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!

I'm not completely caught up on the current books out. I think I'm 2 or 3 volumes behind, I've read 6 of them.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 12 May 2020, 21:37

I just picked up Sexiled.

This is a fantastic Light Novel. There are only 2 volumes and that's probably all there ever will be. So it's short but still quite interesting.

I've only read volume 1 so far, I've already picked up the 2nd book.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 14 May 2020, 09:38

Ekkun wrote:
12 May 2020, 16:35
who else is reading this one!?
Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! 私、能力は平均値でって言ったよね!, Watashi, Nōryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!)

I just check on the website: Syosetsu 'Let's be a novelist' (https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6475db/) where FUNA still publishing the Web Novel...
And it has already 469 (Chapters, last one; 獣人の村 1 ... published last Tuesday May 12th 2020 (2020/05/12 00:00 in Japanese format), I am at chap 394 ... I believe that is about Volumen 14-15? and in English are just 9 of them.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 14 May 2020, 09:41

Lord Myne wrote:
12 May 2020, 21:37
I just picked up Sexiled.

This is a fantastic Light Novel. There are only 2 volumes and that's probably all there ever will be. So it's short but still quite interesting.

I've only read volume 1 so far, I've already picked up the 2nd book.

This tittle also catch my attention, and yes, after reading the free preview in Amazon... Y put it in my wish list. I will need to find tome also for this one. hehehe

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler: