Lets Nep things up, Elgood style!

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Re: Lets Nep things up, Elgood style!

Post by Elgood81 » 11 May 2019, 23:53

Teeny wrote:Got much planned for your weekend [mention=109197]Elgood81[/mention]? :D

Ivory wrote:That pudding looks really good. o.o How've you been? ^-^

I’ve been pretty good. Still waiting on that money the courts owe me but I figured I would be. Gonna ache tomorrow I think. There was only 4 of us that turned up for training today so it was rather intensive. I still enjoyed it though. Then this evening we had a show in Heacham. The show had an invasion angle as guys from EWW showed up, so it was EWW Vs FSW. The crowd enjoyed it so it was a really good show.
Tomorrow I have the day off work so I’m going to have a relaxing morning, but I’m off to mums for Sunday lunch as I always do. What about you two. Any plans this weekend?

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 12 May 2019, 06:05

Elgood81 wrote:I’ve been pretty good. Still waiting on that money the courts owe me but I figured I would be. Gonna ache tomorrow I think. There was only 4 of us that turned up for training today so it was rather intensive. I still enjoyed it though. Then this evening we had a show in Heacham. The show had an invasion angle as guys from EWW showed up, so it was EWW Vs FSW. The crowd enjoyed it so it was a really good show.
Tomorrow I have the day off work so I’m going to have a relaxing morning, but I’m off to mums for Sunday lunch as I always do. What about you two. Any plans this weekend?

Sounds good, enjoy your Sunday lunch! :)
I'm just at work today, there's an event going on at work which I'll be helping at, hoping today will go quick!
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 12 May 2019, 11:00

Teeny wrote:Sounds good, enjoy your Sunday lunch! :)
I'm just at work today, there's an event going on at work which I'll be helping at, hoping today will go quick!

It's a shame that I have no idea where it is that you work because if it was an event that's open to the public I would have came along to see what it is that you do.

Ivory
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ivory » 12 May 2019, 11:22

Elgood81 wrote:I’ve been pretty good. Still waiting on that money the courts owe me but I figured I would be. Gonna ache tomorrow I think. There was only 4 of us that turned up for training today so it was rather intensive. I still enjoyed it though. Then this evening we had a show in Heacham. The show had an invasion angle as guys from EWW showed up, so it was EWW Vs FSW. The crowd enjoyed it so it was a really good show.

Well today is Mother’s Day over here in America. xD But no don’t really have any plans other then maybe getting together with my best friend and her son at the nearby park so kids can play. Have you watched episode 4 yet??? I did just yesterday morning and omg.. T-T

xMommaWickedx
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by xMommaWickedx » 12 May 2019, 16:00

Hope you are having a good weekend... :3Image

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 13 May 2019, 20:59

Ivory wrote:Well today is Mother’s Day over here in America. xD But no don’t really have any plans other then maybe getting together with my best friend and her son at the nearby park so kids can play. Have you watched episode 4 yet??? I did just yesterday morning and omg.. T-T

If we're talking Game of Thrones then yes I have.
  Spoiler:  
I had a feeling Missandei was gonna die, there was no way Cersi was gonna let her go and negotiate. It was poignant that Missandei's last word was also the word dany said before she torched the masters and set the slaves free, Dracarys.
Can't wait to see this weeks episode. shame I have to wait till Wednesday to see it cos I watch it with my brother

xWickedNekox wrote:Hope you are having a good weekend... :3
I had a very good weekend thankyou. On Saturday we had a show in Heacham, which is a seaside town on the north norfolk coast. There was training before the show so I went along for that as well but there was only 4 of us that turned up, so our head trainer decided to make our training session more intensive and could focus on us individually. show was great, we worked an invasion angle as guys from another promotion that we work with had came down for our show. the crowd loved it. Sunday I had the day off work so did what most people would do and had a lay in. It was great, except for when I tried to move and realised I ached from the training the previous day. My muscles still ache a little today, but not as much. I went to see my mum in the afternoon. I always go see my mum on a Sunday and she always cooks Sunday lunch for us. and that pretty much was my weekend. It was mothers day in the states sunday wasn't it? did you do anything nice?

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 23 May 2019, 19:07

*brings journal back up to the top*

Elgoooood! What's up? :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 24 May 2019, 23:17

Teeny wrote:*brings journal back up to the top*

Elgoooood! What's up? :)

The oppersite of down lol (sorry I just couldn't resist). Actually things are pretty good right now, well apart from I'm still waiting for the magistrates court to pay out, and when I tried to go out this morning my car had a flat tyre( had a bloody nail in it). got a part worn tyre for £14 from this little tyre place that's out of the way in kings lynn and was snapping with [mention=111496]NataliaJulia[/mention] while I was waiting. Tomorrow I'm off to MCM Comic-con but it almost didn't happen at all. I had to wait till i got paid to get mine and my girlfriends tickets but when i went to buy them at midnight on Thursday all the General Entry tickets for Saturday had sold out! luckly they still had Priority Entry tickets avalible so Gemma and me have those instead. (can get in from 9am but we wont get there till midday and not so much waiting in line) I hope I manage to find [mention=1]Ferefire[/mention] and [mention=59156]Queen LikkleMel[/mention] tomorrow as well as the rest of the AL Forum members that are going.

Then on Sunday (if work let me go home early if I start early, like I want) my little brother Peter finishes his sponsored run for comic relief and I'll be there to see him finish. He'll have ran the equivalent of running from Lands End to John O'Grotes. (874 miles) and he's done it by running 10 miles a day, every day for the last 87 days. he started on the 1st of march and has been bloging his progress on facebook as he does it. He even got the attention of BBC Cambridgeshire and has been on their breakfast show to talk about it twice. Not only that but he got on the cover of the local news paper that covers Peterborough, Wisbech, March and Kings Lynn.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59347[/ATTACH]
I'm really proud of him cos I could never do anything like that and for him to do it with an abnormal ankle is quite the achievement.

Monday however isn't so glamorous because I'm down to work the bank holiday :( and that's whats up with me. what's up with you [mention=109177]Teeny[/mention]? How's things?

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 25 May 2019, 07:17

If it makes you feel any better, I'll also be working bank holiday :(
Hope you have a great day at the con and you get to bump into others from AL, I think there are several people here that are going!
Your brother has done amazing, really deserves the recognition and it's great that lots of people are supporting his run!

I'm okay thankyou! I've been working mostly so same old for me :D I've not been feeling good since yesterday though, I had a headache yesterday and then randomly had a nosebleed, and didn't sleep much last night cos the headache wouldn't go away, still got it now so I think I'm just gonna chill today, due in work tomorrow at 6am.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 27 May 2019, 06:58

How was con? :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 28 May 2019, 16:31

well, where do I start...So I've been to Excel like 4 times now so you would have thought I'd have learned the way there by now, but no I still managed to make us slightly later than we wanted to be. Basically we stopped at services for some lunch cos it was getting close to mid day and I was feeling peckish. we got something to eat and apon leaving the services I wasn't really paying attention to where the satnav was taking me. I though I've got this and jumped back onto the M11 cos I know you have to take the M11 to get to london. well I did get back on the M11 but I'd got on the northbound side and was heading back to Cambridge before I realised so we went 14 miles in the wrong direction!

Eventually we got there

Then drama number two happened. So you have to pay for parking and it costs £20 but the ticket machines don't accept the new notes (which is all I had) and my card didn't have £20 on it (cos I drew out most of my cash) so I explained this to the guy that was monitoring the car parking and he let us park for free. Getting inside was a little easier this year because I'd paid a little extra and got me and gemma priority entry tickets so no waiting in line we got straight in. Once we got inside the first thing I saw was Idea Factory's banner so I was like excited because Nep. We went over there and I bought an acrylic Nep Keyring thing and an acrylic Nep Standiee (I later found out that they had plushies but they didn't get them out till later in the day, grrrrrrr).

Then logic kicked in and I figured we'd go see if Jason Mewes and Brian O'Hallaran where signing yet cos I didn't want to accidentally spend all my money and not get the autographs that I wanted. Mewes had some kind of a combo deal that if you paid for an autograph you could have selfies for £10 as well so I went for that. (I didn't have enough to do that with brian as well :( ) meeting the pair of them was so cool and mewes called me a wanker but it's was okay because listening to the smodcast podcasts I know he likes to call brits wankers (why americans love that word I'll never know lol)

After than we tried to look for everyone that was there from AL because I really wanted to meet up with everyone and I don't get many chances to see you guys (especially when it's an Anime League convention cos [mention=1]Ferefire[/mention] and [mention=59156]Queen LikkleMel[/mention] are busy working and I don't like to make myself a nuisance.) Next time I'll give my phone number out because the WiFi at Excel is pants and mobile signal for data inside was shocking.

We wandered around the comic village for a bit and I saw an artist I remembered from last year, Jess Bradley and she remembered me. I bought stuff from her last year and she signed it for my brother James cos he's a comic book artist and was a fan of her's. She remembered that because she'd been to his facebook page and looked at his stuff, so I bought more stuff from her again. a couple keyrings and some of the cards that she designs

we went back into the video game section later in the day as it was starting to get less crowded and you could get to play some of the games at last. Of course i went back to Idea Factory and played Super Neptunia RPG, it's a nep game but it's 2D rather than 3D. I can't wait till june 20th so that I can buy it from steam and play it again! (this was when they had the plushies out for sale)We went back to the popasia side and bought some new chopsticks and then we called it a day and began our long drive home.

that was Saturday, Sunday was all about my brother Peter. he finished his 10 miles a day for 87 days runs for comic relief, so over the time he ran from Lands end to John O'Grotes which is 874 miles. to celibrate we had a big BBQ for him.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 28 May 2019, 16:36

It looks like you had a really fun time at the con! Even got to Nep it up a bit.

Also that BBQ looks super tasty :o

(Additonally we call aubergines "eggplants" here in the US so had I not know that they were called different things that cute little placard would have confused me)

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 28 May 2019, 16:43

Aww the little nep merch bits you got are super cute ^^
Looks like you had a great time and awesome you got to meet some people from clerks too!
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 28 May 2019, 22:36

Attack of the Nep

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 04 Jun 2019, 16:16

Will Norwich be your next con or have you got any more con plans upcoming? :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・