How do you all avoid burn out?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

teekay
Great Britain

Re: How do you all avoid burn out?

Post by teekay » 22 Apr 2019, 05:28

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58790[/ATTACH]

There can't be too much anime, too muh games and too much internet.

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Buta » 22 Apr 2019, 16:37

PharaohAtem wrote:That's what I've done, I just kind of stop and I might go back once in a while but sometimes the game just loses the appeal.

A grindy game can be very unappealing before I even pick it up because of how precious time can be.

I'd just go to something else for a while. Listen to how you feel. It is okay to do other things if you haven't finished something. Go for a walk if you're stumped for ideas, or do something to make your home nicer, like tidy, or do the washing up. Or something you've been putting off while playing a game.
ImageImageImage
~ Chaosymphonia's Adopted Big Sister ~

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 29 Apr 2019, 23:00

I play a lot of Warframe which is the grindiest game of all grindy games best thing to avoid burnout for me is just go do something else for a few hours or a day whether its binge some anime or whatever tv show you like read a book etc.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 08 May 2019, 16:38

I'm kinda in the middle, sometimes I hate grindy games, but then I love Pokemon challenges so... I guess it depends more on the gameplay for me
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 16 May 2019, 13:47

I think I'm just coming off of another anime high (have watched like 6 seasons of stuff in the last 3 weeks or so!) and have barely touched any video games. I'm about ready now to return to something new :) I guess, arguably, this is my way of avoiding the 'burn out' :)

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 16 May 2019, 20:43

Only been burned out once on a crack down to reach 200k gamerscore... gamed like mad, day and night...so many games.... i settled on dark souls, farming souls... just a soft casual grind.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 22 May 2019, 09:19

Kairi wrote:Only been burned out once on a crack down to reach 200k gamerscore... gamed like mad, day and night...so many games.... i settled on dark souls, farming souls... just a soft casual grind.

You're far stronger than I am then :lol: I can't remember the last time I fired my Xbox 360 or Xbox One up :O I 'accidentally' got converted to a PS4 man after years of devotion to Xbox!

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 22 May 2019, 09:20

toshioa wrote:You're far stronger than I am then :lol: I can't remember the last time I fired my Xbox 360 or Xbox One up :O I 'accidentally' got converted to a PS4 man after years of devotion to Xbox!

It can easily happen, but nothing says you still can't pick up the xbox controller and return to enjoy it as well. XD

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 22 May 2019, 10:03

Kairi wrote:It can easily happen, but nothing says you still can't pick up the xbox controller and return to enjoy it as well. XD

You make a good case for the Xbox :lol: I should probably make a return and get the 100k GS I've been wanting for a while ;) :P

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 22 May 2019, 10:17

toshioa wrote:You make a good case for the Xbox :lol: I should probably make a return and get the 100k GS I've been wanting for a while ;) :P

It's a great feeling when you finally reach it.. Also i suggest getting the Xbox Game pass... it's like £7.99 a month but you get access to a lot of games that'd end up costing you about 30 - 40 quid.

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 22 May 2019, 15:50

Kairi wrote:It's a great feeling when you finally reach it.. Also i suggest getting the Xbox Game pass... it's like £7.99 a month but you get access to a lot of games that'd end up costing you about 30 - 40 quid.

Do you need Xbox Live for that pass too?

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 22 May 2019, 16:11

toshioa wrote:Do you need Xbox Live for that pass too?

Yeah, also i think a deal is on at the moment where you can get 3 months xbox game pass for £1

Moulders
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Moulders » 23 May 2019, 09:03

It's easy to avoid burnout when they haven't released a new one in so long.
"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 23 May 2019, 11:01

Kairi wrote:Yeah, also i think a deal is on at the moment where you can get 3 months xbox game pass for £1

I need to get XBL again too then... :lol:

Kairi
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kairi » 23 May 2019, 11:32

toshioa wrote:I need to get XBL again too then... :lol:

Yes you do XD Then all the more fun!