What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Re: What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by MakiChan » 28 Apr 2018, 12:15

So I turned on my PS4 after a long time....but instead of playing one of the many games I have to finish.....

....I started up Star Ocean: The Last Hope XD

Now I'm stuck on it...this game is my baby....
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 28 Apr 2018, 13:27

MakiChan wrote:So I turned on my PS4 after a long time....but instead of playing one of the many games I have to finish.....

....I started up Star Ocean: The Last Hope XD

Now I'm stuck on it...this game is my baby....

Never played it but know many people who have

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DragonOfDojima
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by DragonOfDojima » 28 Apr 2018, 13:52

Final fantasy 14

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 28 Apr 2018, 14:47

Jelly crush

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 29 Apr 2018, 05:37

We're kind of low on bones at the moment, but mom let me get $60 worth of PS Store credit to buy both the latest DLC for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, and Devil May Cry HD Collection (PS4 PSN Store version). I got the credit gift card today, so I'm really enjoying switching between DMC 1 and XV 2. ^^ Gonna be a laaate night! I'd say I've earned it (for once xD ).

Camehameya170
Standard Member
Great Britain

Post by Camehameya170 » 30 Apr 2018, 01:15

Multiple games: 1: God of war (2018). 2: shadow of the colossus. 3: Uncharted: tha last legacy. 4:batman: Arkham city. 5:Lolipop chainsaw.

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 30 Apr 2018, 04:31

That's a lot of action and adventures! I probably could only get around two of those simultaneously, and that's without the open worlds most of them have these days.

I'm also playing God Of War. What an incredible first boss fight! Might not be as extreme or gory as the original games, but it has the intense and emotional part still. And after watching The Avengers I've been finishing off Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, as well as going a few rounds on Marvel Super Heroes on the Sega Saturn (the one where Thanos is the final boss).
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 30 Apr 2018, 09:32

Bought Final Fantasy 7 on the PS4 during the sale period so have restarted that - the nostalgia is real! :D (I also bought Gal*Gun and having played a single play-through thus far... I'm not entirely sure what the heck I expected from it 0_o....)

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 01 May 2018, 05:47

Ha! You don't say. The Japan favourites sale? I just bought the FFX and FFX-2 remaster combo from there. I'm very tempted to get all the Danganronpa games that are on there too. Though I still need to finish the Nonary games collection before I start another series like that.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 01 May 2018, 08:10

Yup, the Japan Favourite Sale :) My new favourite type of sale ;) haha. I've spent close to £100 in the last week on the PlayStation Store thanks to said sale >.<

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 01 May 2018, 20:56

I haven't played video games in two weeks since I got sick talk about being rusty. I guess you gotta die first before your back to normal.

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 02 May 2018, 04:24

You have extra lives Atem? Did you use the Konami Code to come back to full health?

It is indeed a dangerous but great sale. While Steam do good general sales, I find PSN to do a lot more of the indie and foreign games I'm into. I find XBox usually has a lack of proper sales (when they did have great ones in the 360 days), while Nintendo's Eshop is just a confusing mess, where you don't know what is on sale, and whether the sale is actually a sale...

Saying that, was instantly hooked, lined and sinkered back into the Streets of Rage trilogy thanks to it being free on XBox Live this month. Loving the mirror mode, a whole new way to play!

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 02 May 2018, 11:15

PharaohAtem wrote:I haven't played video games in two weeks since I got sick talk about being rusty. I guess you gotta die first before your back to normal.

Blargh! That sucks :( I hope you feel better soon [mention=717]PharaohAtem[/mention]! Sending good vibes your way :)

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:It is indeed a dangerous but great sale. While Steam do good general sales, I find PSN to do a lot more of the indie and foreign games I'm into. I find XBox usually has a lack of proper sales (when they did have great ones in the 360 days), while Nintendo's Eshop is just a confusing mess, where you don't know what is on sale, and whether the sale is actually a sale...

Saying that, was instantly hooked, lined and sinkered back into the Streets of Rage trilogy thanks to it being free on XBox Live this month. Loving the mirror mode, a whole new way to play!

Haha this is a really good summary of the various online gaming stores. I've not bought too many games on Stream recently as they seem to have lost a bit of momentum in terms of new titles and sales (there wasn't an easter sale for instance...). But the PlayStation Store... I couldn't agree more. I'm loving the fact that all the ol' JRPGs that were near impossible to track down on PS2 and 3 are now readily available on PS4 :) I've bought so so so so many news RPGs in the last month or so, all on PlayStation or the Vita and I'm loving it. Problem now is, I have FAR too many games and they all require substantial amounts of time to play (being RPGs an' all that ;) ) and I haven't a clue where to start! :lol:

I found the Xbox store went stagnant some time last year but then so did the console for me truth be told. I've barely used it in the last 6 months other than to turn it on twice a month to grab my 'free games' included in my almost expired Gold subscription. Anything exciting happening on this platform at the moment or should I stick with PlayStation for the time being?? :lol:

The Ninetendo 'Store'.... what a joke. I've maybe accessed it a handful of times since I've owned a Nintendo DS and Wii and each time I just give up at the first hurdle; it is appalling laid out and runs like a bag of M and Ms that have been dropped and scattered over a 1 mile squared area; Ie... you can't find shit! :lol:

Kai
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Kai » 02 May 2018, 17:24

Recently I've been playing Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland on PS3, Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart on PS VITA, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization and Accel World vs Sword Art Online on PS4, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet on XBOX One and I was mainly alternating between Megadimension Neptunia VII and Assassin's Creed Origins on PC
Image Image Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime onlinel
Feel free to take a look and add/Follow me!

"I'm the one who decides my fate, even if I have to will that fate into existence. Make sure to never forget that." - Fang

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 03 May 2018, 04:48

Got back into Sleeping Dogs after I found a limited edition version with an artbook. Don't think I actually ever completed it. Either that or they added bits in to the remaster since the PS3 version...

[mention=100664]toshioa[/mention] that is exactly the same thing I was doing last year, just logging in to collect the free games to play later. Then the games tended to be ones I'd already bought, so I stopped my subscription. Came back this year because of Cuphead, then decided to get a three month subscription instead of rolling, so back to downloading freebies. MGS V is the big one this month, though I suspect everyone has it by now with the amount of times it has gone free. Streets of Rage trilogy is a great add, plus Vanquish is a neat Sega title as well.

Haha on the Eshop woes. Talking to someone who accidentally bought shovelware from it today, they made a good point. For all it's problems with selections of games on sale, Steam at least has begun to move on from the 'Greenlight' days of letting any old shovelware and tat on their front pages. Nintendo seems to have done that job for them instead. The EShop has turned into the new Steam Greenlight. So many non-games clogging up that place!

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap