What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Discuss anything relating to Video Gaming, Tabletop Gaming, Card Games even Roleplaying.

Moderators: LikkleMel, Ali-Renegade, LilMissLarBear

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Re: What game(s) are you currently playing? How far have you gotten?

Post by Emotive » 24 Feb 2018, 22:30

I'm thinking about playing some Xenoverse again. Instead of playing the first one though I think I'll go with the second one just for the fact that the former isn't Remote Play compatible. >.> Luckily XV2 is. :D Thinking maybe a male Saiyan blaster. ^.^

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 25 Feb 2018, 00:29

Tried the Metal Gear Survive beta, but knowing how Konami were bound to handle it there was no way I'd go any further into the real game. So went for Kingdom Come: Deliverance instead. Quite a few similarities between it and DW9.
"A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 26 Feb 2018, 11:27

Playing through Horizon: Zero Dawn for the first time at the moment and loving it :) I'm quite a ways in to the story line but keep getting distracted by all the exploration and side quests :D

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 26 Feb 2018, 23:22

That's the open world trick for you. Always reels you into to everything other than the main story, otherwise it'd be completed in no time at all.

Completed Final Fantasy XV a few weeks ago, but just went back to it and forgot a whole new series of dungeon quests had opened. Time to arm up again with the new wheels.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 27 Feb 2018, 12:14

MrMurphseeksLAM wrote:That's the open world trick for you. Always reels you into to everything other than the main story, otherwise it'd be completed in no time at all.

This is very true indeed! I always think 'I will do one more side mission, then I'll progress the story some more...' and then I instantly start another. Before I know it, I'm 10-20 levels above the last story mission I did :lol:

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 27 Feb 2018, 14:22

On the plus side, it makes completing the main story a doddle. Whenever I hear about a difficult boss in an open world game it does cause a giggle, as I tend to be overpowered by the time I reach them. The true challenge is going straight through the story barebones I guess.

No wonder the Dark Souls series rarely has side missions! Just side-bosses. I'm still stuck halfway through Brume Tower, before you even get to that damned Fume Knight. Probably didn't help I kept getting distracted with Demons Souls and Bloodborne.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

toshioa
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by toshioa » 27 Feb 2018, 14:33

Don't even talk to me about Dark Souls! Crumbs...! I cannot stand that game. I played the first hour or so of Dark Souls III, proceeded to eject the disc, shoved it in to its box and threw said box to the back of my gaming collection :lol: Never to be played again!

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 27 Feb 2018, 22:25

Would it help if I said there's remasters coming out for the first Dark Souls this year, including the Switch? Of course, you don't want to throw that... :=D:

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

Kujou
Standard Member
Philippines

Achievements

Post by Kujou » 28 Feb 2018, 01:35

after finishing Trails in the Sky (2nd playthrough) and Trails from Zero, currently looking at my gamelist
Currently Playing Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor (nDS version)

Soon to follow Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 (nDS version)
SMT Strange Journey (nDS version)
Persona
Persona 2 IS and EP
Note: replaying both Persona and Persona 2

Tuffin
Miyu Member
Miyu Member
United States of America

Post by Tuffin » 01 Mar 2018, 02:34

Just got the expansion for Civ 6, so far I am liking the governors addition
Been able to win a few games on a mid level with the changes, now time to try a higher difficulty

MrMurphseeksLAM
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by MrMurphseeksLAM » 02 Mar 2018, 05:23

Played through some Crazy Taxi before it disappeared from the XBox Live freebies. Still absolutely terrible at it. Though I'm sure the customers that got thrown about and turned out of an upside down car enjoyed the soundtrack on the radio.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
Video Gaming Assistchap

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 02 Mar 2018, 07:57

I started FighterZ over again because I wasn't sure if I was getting progressively higher ranked Skills from each New Game (compliments of lag during Continue/Map Select/New Game display >.<) or not. I didn't want to be because I still didn't get 3 / 3 Skills for my 1 stage skills yet and I thought I couldn't go back. Being a perfectionist can sometimes be a real pain in the arse. ;.; So, I deleted my save data is how I started over again. It kept my fighter ID though so I didn't freak out the system or anything. xP

Right now I'm at Chapter 5 Map 5 with a level 5 Goku & Krillin, Level 4 Yamcha, and level 3 Tien. I've found that you can still level a fighter up in the stage you get them too and it still carries over. :D Thank Bandai Namco for Map Select!! Woot woot! :D ^^

Plus I didn't really think you could use the Analog Sticks for directions so smoothly. It's a relief for my thumb, now that I don't have to drag it across the D-Pad anymore. ^.^ Man, that really got to hurtin' after a while. lol Going Analog makes the Combo Tutorials SOOO much easier!! I'm trying to finish ALL of EVERYONE'S combos, of which I only got to 6th or 7th at best before my Analog revelation. Afterwords? I easily finish the 8th. I literally JUST (okay, maybe a minute ago) finished Ginyu's 10th combo!!! HELL YEAH!!! Now for everyone else! :D I think I removed a good few layers of flesh from my thumb trying to drag it across the D-Pad before. lmao ANALOG PWNZ!!!!!!!! So far I'm at Super Saiyan Goku's 10th, Super Saiyan Vegeta's 9th, Frieza's 10th, -finished Ginyu's (in case you forgot lol)-, and that's it for now. Just trying to do Goku's 10th combo again. Persistence CAN pay off!!! :D

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 02 Mar 2018, 20:44

Need For Speed Rivals is fun at least as a cop running down racers and everyone in a while I knock other cop cars out of the way the best was flipping one in the air and sending them into the ditch.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 02 Mar 2018, 20:49

I'm still on Dynasty Warriors 9, just trying to unlock all the characters now

Also completed one of Jin's stories and now doing one of Shu's, still need to do a Wei story and all the Other characters XD
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium